Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239170 times)

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #780 on: August 21, 2012, 03:07:36 am »

Levi?

Leviathan, the Tidehunter.

Clinkz ult is quite awesome, really. Loads of bonus hp (+500hp at lvl 6 is A LOT) , crazy dps in combination with Strafe and Searing Arrows and it acts as a pseudo heal too. It's also very useful against heroes like Chen or Enchanteress and makes jungling very easy. Of course you have to be proactive with it, it won't help you much if you get ganked in lane without the buff.

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: August 21, 2012, 03:22:35 am »

Yeah Clinkz ulti is very nice, because it is everything Clinkz needs - more HP and more DMG.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: August 21, 2012, 07:38:41 am »

Come to think of it, I don't think there's anyone with a useless ultimate. "Of arguable usefulness" maybe like Crystal Maiden but even then it's still pretty strong if given the right opportunity.

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: August 21, 2012, 08:25:33 am »

There are a few heroes who don't really need to skill their ultis as soon as possible and should prioritize other skills. Crystal Maiden is indeed an example, Windrunner probably even more (I usually don't get Focus Fire before lvl 15, if at all), Chaos Knight (he just can't afford the mana cost) and it's debatable for heroes like SF,Tiny or POTM.

The only hero i'd consider not getting ult at all is a support Windrunner but that's mostly because all her other spells are so damn good.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:27:25 am by Alg »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: August 21, 2012, 08:24:20 pm »

I think the Spectator Client is out so people can watch the I2 I can't tell since I have the game.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: August 21, 2012, 09:42:41 pm »

Two bracers also take one more inventory slot compared to ogre axe. Inventory slots are resources as well :)

Indeed, branches would be the best item in the game if you had infinite inventory slots.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: August 22, 2012, 01:36:47 am »

I tend to grab a few GG branches unless I need a lot of little items for my first couple cores. They're pretty badass for the price.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: August 22, 2012, 09:44:36 am »

Damn I wanted to make an army of couriers and give them Hands Of Midas but it does not work  :'(

Also does anyone use the Rod of Atos?

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: August 22, 2012, 09:48:49 am »

Iirc couriers need mana (I.e. an item with flat mana bonus) to use the hand. I think was possible at some point during WC3 dota, but i'unno if it was patched out or isn't possible in dota2.

Other fun thing to do was stick aura items on couriers. Pretty sure it let you do that at one point. It's amusing, anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: August 22, 2012, 01:01:49 pm »

Flying Couriers with an energy booster each and a Dagon.

Yeah... back when they could go invincible, this was a fairly broken strategy. Assuming you could buy enough Dagons and Boosters to field your instakill army of doom.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: August 23, 2012, 06:57:44 am »

You don't need mana to use a midas, but couriers can't use them.  Pretty sure only silly bear can have double midas.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: August 25, 2012, 06:36:02 pm »

MUFC could not make it to the Internationals so now there is fight to see if WE or Mousesports get the slot http://www.joindota.com/en/news/4000-mouz-fight-we-for-the-international-spot

The International group start Sunday at 9.am PST

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: August 25, 2012, 06:45:22 pm »

According to tobi's stream, it'll start in about 15 minutes.

DIS GON BE GOOD!

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: August 25, 2012, 08:10:08 pm »

DIS IS GUD!

That said, WE failed to use their strat and let mouz draft enigma and ds on the same team.  If they keep that sort of draft and strategy up, this will just be a 3 game series :(

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: August 25, 2012, 08:50:44 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Edit: kk
« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 01:21:30 am by Alkhemia »

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 246