Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239154 times)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #720 on: August 09, 2012, 09:26:01 pm »

Anyone in here play broodmother?  It's occurred to me that I haven't seen anyone but me play her for at least 50 games and that seems odd since she's excellent when you've got a jungler or a trilane.  Kind of interested in tips and tricks other people have on her, since I see so little of her and casters for pro-games spend almost no time watching her.

Does anyone remember how in Black and White you could smack or caress your creature?  I want that feature in the cosmetic screen.

You didn't have to play LoL for very long to grok that they had no idea how to program.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 09, 2012, 09:36:32 pm »

I saw a guy go over 40/0 as brood mother. Crazy shit.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: August 09, 2012, 11:50:48 pm »

Anyone in here play broodmother?  It's occurred to me that I haven't seen anyone but me play her for at least 50 games and that seems odd since she's excellent when you've got a jungler or a trilane.  Kind of interested in tips and tricks other people have on her, since I see so little of her and casters for pro-games spend almost no time watching her.

She has two main ways of playing her, I'd say, and which one you pick is determined on what your lane is going up against. I've had extreme success as a pushing spider master Brood in lanes where they have no AoE effects, so I tend to start with a Web at level 1, then max Spiderlings and alternate between Web and the passive orb when not getting the nuke. Had a few games where, as I mentioned, with no AoE on the enemy team, I pushed to the barracks in less than fifteen minutes. Grab a Ring of Basilius to start, build that into a Vladimirs and go to town on their towers while doing some fairly severely damaging nukes. This does much better early game regardless due to the 300 damage, spammable nuke at level 7, and a horde of 400 health minions with a slow poison effect of their own.

On the other hand, if they have lots of AoE, then it may be a better idea to go the pure carry version, where you max the passive/orb first, and levelling Webs as needed to have more mobility and regen in lane. She's a great mid lane because of webs and the short distance between the two towers, when using this build, as well as the fact that a 40% slow and decent attack damage advantage over the enemy makes you harass extremely well, at least until they (if ever) get wards or dust. Grab the nuke if you feel comfortable about your current amount of regeneration and speed from webs, otherwise just max and use them as a tunnel system for easy access to runes and gankable lanes.

With either build, she takes off once she hits 6, since you now have access to a huge damage boost and ridiculous amount of lifesteal that you can keep at an approximate 50% uptime at level 16. Get attack speed either way; Power Treads (Strength, since you're fairly squishy), possibly an early Hyperstone, and most definitely a Cranium Basher to abuse the fact that you will not only slow them, but keep them out of action fairly often. Black King Bar too, of course rushed early if you are the target of effects that cause you to be less effective. Vladimirs is nice regardless of the build you choose, mainly because of the innate lifesteal that brings you almost nearly to 100% once you hit your ultimate, but it may be overkill on the second one.

Edit: The DotA2 blog post got my hopes for for Meepo being added. Maybe after the tournaments?  :'(
« Last Edit: August 09, 2012, 11:54:43 pm by Astral »
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

tootboot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 10, 2012, 03:16:20 am »

I saw a guy go over 40/0 as brood mother. Crazy shit.

I saw a guy go something like 43/3 as Ursa.  He invested his spare money in two divine rapiers, then tried to 1v5 the enemy team.  He lost, then we we lost about 5 minutes later.  Even a terrible Sniper can rip through your entire team in seconds with two divine rapiers.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 13, 2012, 08:20:17 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

If I saw a support with that many wards, I'd love him forever.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: August 13, 2012, 08:51:03 am »

Except for most pub ezalors the idea of babysitting someone or supporting its to farm the entire creepwave basically killing their own teams carry :P.

Bordellimies

• Bay Watcher
  • [SOMETHING_ORIGINAL]
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #726 on: August 13, 2012, 09:03:56 am »

Relevant?

Also, Jungle Tinker is awesome. Boots of travel by 10:30 at my best, usually at 12:00-13:00 mark. Late game tinker is really fun to play.
Warmogs are like bacon, they make everything better and you can never have enough of them

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #727 on: August 13, 2012, 11:03:23 am »

Looking for a Dota 2 invite. Willing to trade TF2 crap or a game. Add me on Steam and we can haggle.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: August 13, 2012, 12:58:49 pm »

Looking for a Dota 2 invite. Willing to trade TF2 crap or a game. Add me on Steam and we can haggle.
You can get one for two (Dota 2) keys off any trading site I think.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #729 on: August 13, 2012, 01:34:44 pm »

So apparently you can straight up buy a Dota 2 invite. So I did. All is well.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
« Reply #730 on: August 14, 2012, 02:33:23 am »

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Capntastic/  I'd like a key if anyone has one

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 14, 2012, 06:56:12 am »

I think I should preface all my posts with some kind of Dota 2 comic. There's like a billion of them.

I think almost my entire match history these past few days have been Lycan. Lycan Lycan Lycan.

Want to push? Lycan.

Want to kill everyone by yourself? Lycan.

Want to force teamfights by yourself? Lycan.

Want to win the game even when the rest of the team fails? Lycan.

He's really kinda bullshitty. I guess it's to my credit that I haven't had to fight Naga Siren yet. Hell, there was even one time where the enemy were so intent on counterjungling me right from the start that they picked Chen and Sven and camped my jungle from minute one. Basically trilane bot except their two members were dedicated to hunting me down. When I left to farm their jungle, they followed me. When I went to gank mid lane they followed me. However, I only died once and even then they lost both Chen and Sven doing it. Sure, they kept me down quite awhile... but they didn't realize that even though I was only level 3 when Doombringer was level 7 (I even successfully ganked that Doombringer as level 3 Lycan), they were both level 2. It didn't matter at all 15 minutes later as by then I was highest level in the team, killing everything, while they were still level 6.

So yeah. Lycan. He's kinda lame... but you'll probably win.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 15, 2012, 01:49:40 am »

One of my favorite's  :P

Had a nice game as KotL went 11-5-11 I went top and lane with my buddy who was on sven he went like 28-8-10 are mid dazzle fed and wisp and specter DC at about 20 min but we kept keeping them back we lost at about 40-50 min mark I had Mek, Pipe, Shiva, Urn and BoT I think Sven had Power Treads, Armlet, Daedalus, Mask of Madness and BKB killed TA in like 2-3 hit with thous 1000 crits.

If Bloodseeker did not get fed we could of won 2v5 because Sven got so big and they were pretty bad, Morphling never used Morph and I don't now what TA and Ogre Magi were doing but they got 3 shotted by sven and Sand King could do nothing do to my Pipe and sexy Q.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2012, 03:25:31 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

woose1

• Bay Watcher
  • Yay for bandwagons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: August 15, 2012, 07:34:12 am »

Hey, if anyone has any spare Dota 2 keys send me a PM or message me on steam. I'd love to play with you guys.

Steam name is 'Woose', like my Bay12 name.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 15, 2012, 11:15:24 pm »

New patch 50 new thing are in the game one of them is a really sexy staff for Outworld Destroyer.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2012, 02:46:13 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 246