Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239152 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #705 on: July 29, 2012, 10:56:50 pm »

takes a lot of skill to press q

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: July 30, 2012, 10:35:47 pm »

Can you dust wards or do you need gem or sentry.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: July 30, 2012, 11:00:52 pm »

sents or gem

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 02, 2012, 06:31:44 am »

I like Wisp.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 02, 2012, 08:18:08 am »

necro 3 works too.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 02, 2012, 08:31:17 am »

All bow before the necronomnom.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 02, 2012, 10:59:49 am »

5 necronomicon is so broken than all competitions actually have a nonspoken clause that states you are not allowed to get more than 3 necrobooks on one team.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 02, 2012, 01:28:42 pm »

Not sure if they implemented it in DotA 2 yet, but they actually made it so that there's a cooldown on buying the Necronomicon recipe just to stop people from doing that.

But as you said, most higher ranking players have that agreement to never buy more than three.

And most pub players don't seem to remember that it exists outside of specific builds (I'm looking at you, Lycan, with your damage boost, attack speed boost, and maximum movespeed for all minions under your control when ulting...).
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 03, 2012, 05:39:53 pm »

Woop woop, someone made an online Dota 2 hero layout configuratorateration machine.

Here's mine: http://www.dota2layout.com/index.php?id=pzm06z38&a=1

It works in exactly the same way as the ingame one. Even with the import export things.

Did I ever mention I really like this Dota 2 hero selector now that you can customize it yourself? It makes picking and counterpicking so much easier, as well as drafting entire team lineups.

In other games I normally have to work off memory, but here if I say... need a support. I just look left. If no one on the left suits my liking, I look to the right. Freaking piece of cake. I want to play a jungler? Look at the middle there. Bam! Instantly it recalls for me which junglers I like to play. It's just great! What if we suddenly need a solo mid and there's 5 seconds left on the clock? No problem. I got a whole list of just solo mid heroes right there. I swear to god my life in LoL would have been a hell of a lot easier if I had could customize that loadout too.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 06, 2012, 02:14:10 pm »

They did take the "press accept to begin hero selection" bit from DotA2, along with icons that light up accordingly, so it's not too much of a stretch to say that the hero selection system may be implemented in the future of League as well.

Only issue I could see with it is the whole rotating champion thing. Where would the ones you don't have go, especially when they're free for a week?
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: August 06, 2012, 02:32:33 pm »

They'll sit there with a laughing smiley overlaid on them and play the character's laugh sound every time you try to click on them, that's what.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 06, 2012, 07:02:44 pm »

They did take the "press accept to begin hero selection" bit from DotA2, along with icons that light up accordingly, so it's not too much of a stretch to say that the hero selection system may be implemented in the future of League as well.

Only issue I could see with it is the whole rotating champion thing. Where would the ones you don't have go, especially when they're free for a week?
I wonder about that. I mean, they're still using the Adobe AIR client aren't they? There's only so much you can do with that while linking the data up with the actual game itself. Whereas Valve / Icefrog can basically do whatever the hell they want since everything is through Source.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 06, 2012, 11:54:18 pm »

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=175652#175652

According to that post by a Riot Red, they use seven different programming languages, layered on top of each other in such a way that makes bugs and such that much more likely to happen, I would guess. Even just using Adobe Air (AKA ActionScript) for the initial startup client and having to transfer data from server to client to three different translators... bit of inefficiency if you ask me.

I suppose it could be done by graying out the portraits of the ones you don't have, and keeping everything as far as portraits scalable, but within the client itself and stored locally on the user's machine. Still a lot of work if they want to copy DotA 2 though.

I like that DotA 2 is just in Source, and hence programmable in nothing other than my favorite C++ for the main client, and likely some integration with a database language such as Oracle or SQL. Couldn't find which, nor do I much care, since I'm not a fan of database programming in general.

terkiey

• Bay Watcher
  • chicken what i need
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 09, 2012, 08:42:22 am »

Quote from: Meistermoxx
Quote from: Knigel
Does anything bad happen if you accuse someone of being a night creature and they aren't?
Yes, they call you a rasict, and then they shot you and take your cocaine.
[(√[1]/∞)+3!+|Chicken|] / [100^(1/2)]

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 09, 2012, 09:42:25 am »

Is anyone else interested in losing with us at about this time most days? Send me a PM or add me (umiman) on Steam!
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 246