Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239148 times)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #690 on: July 28, 2012, 04:09:42 pm »

We should have a custom game sometime would be nice to play for fun instead of trying to pub stomp if we can find 10 people anyways.
All random, all mid!

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: July 29, 2012, 04:17:54 am »

So what your favorite hero people Dota or Dota 2? Mine is ether Outworld Destroyer or Leshrac

Also which Invoker build do you like more EMP/Tornado or Exort?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 04:20:11 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: July 29, 2012, 04:37:33 am »

I like going EMP/Nado now.

My 3 favorite heroes: Gondar (BH), Pudge, and Puck.

Gond for his spammable invis, Pudge for being the most fun hero I've ever played, and Puck for the hilarious escapes and skill dodging.

Least 3 favorite heroes: Bristleback, Undying, Warlock.

Bristle for having a negative fun factor; all he does is tank and spam snot and needles. Undying because I can't play him. Warlock because he's only half caster and half support, and I find most of his spells boring.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2012, 04:40:36 am by Rex_Nex »

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: July 29, 2012, 06:15:45 am »

My favourite heroes are lycan, dark seer and ezalor

Lycan due to the pushing power and escape mechanism (A chicken going at 522 ms is absolutely hilarious). Dark seer because playing him is real fun, specially if you go against an all melee lane. And ezalor bcause of that YOU SHALL NOT PASS q

And I go exort quas inv for better lat hitting. And as I said, forge spirits are OP

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: July 29, 2012, 09:43:45 am »

Back when I actually played, my favorite three were shadow demon (iirc; the black tinted fire critter hero), ogre magi, and sniper (though sniper when it still had its wave devouring buckshot thing).

SD did so much damage (which actually translated into me being able to last hit and deny, for once), OM would happily carry (not in the champ role sense) the entire team with stuns and bloodlust for everyone, and sniper was about the only other ranged hero I could play without splatting (though obviously only in pretty low level play. Up against someone worth much of anything I'd splat anyway, 'cause sniper was flimsier than a millimeter thick sheet of century old kitten skin).

I'd probably be back to sucking with the current incarnation of sniper, though.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: July 29, 2012, 12:45:02 pm »

Hmm not sure what happened in the Navi vs Mouz second game mouz was winning hard but then navi just turned it around...also puppy on Axe, So now it Navi vs mTw in the final it like dreamhack all over.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 29, 2012, 01:21:52 pm »

I dont know if many people do this, but i preatty muched loved playing dota AllRandom, and something changed in my (?). Even when playing AP i always go random, basically i dont have favorite hero and the ones i dont like its becouse i suck at playing them.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 29, 2012, 01:26:50 pm »

In WC3 dota, at least, it was generally technically better (especially in the early game) to go random in a non-AR game, providing you could manage/excel with whatever it dumped on you. You got more starting gold for choosing random, a fairly notable amount. Not sure if that changed later on or if dota2 still has that mechanic, but for quite a long while a random picked hero was simply better off than that same hero purposefully chosen. You started off richer.

I usually did play random, m'self. I wasn't really good enough to be much better off with a picked hero. I sucked, but it was a sort of across the board bad that wasn't much worse off with one hero than another.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 29, 2012, 02:12:39 pm »

Well 250 extra gold is great but what really kills it is when you and another guy go random, luck says both of you are hard carries, what does the rest of the team picks? Yep, Hard carries, becouse you know they are the best heroes. And when you ask them to pick what the team needs they start ranting about you picked what you want ill pick what i want, and its just marvelous.

Vherid

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:SLARK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 29, 2012, 02:26:14 pm »

In WC3 dota, at least, it was generally technically better (especially in the early game) to go random in a non-AR game, providing you could manage/excel with whatever it dumped on you. You got more starting gold for choosing random, a fairly notable amount. Not sure if that changed later on or if dota2 still has that mechanic, but for quite a long while a random picked hero was simply better off than that same hero purposefully chosen. You started off richer.

I usually did play random, m'self. I wasn't really good enough to be much better off with a picked hero. I sucked, but it was a sort of across the board bad that wasn't much worse off with one hero than another.

You still get random gold in Dota 2.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: July 29, 2012, 05:30:40 pm »

If you're interested in Invoker and don't want to memorize combos, you can try out the Invoker script:

This can be done for any hero, but works particularly well on heroes like Invoker. This macro allows you invoke a spell with a single hotkey. The best way to do this is to create a seperate config file and place it in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\dota 2 beta\dota\cfg\. In this example, I'll call it kael.cfg. You then add the line:
bind "F7" "exec kael.cfg"

This will load the config files settings when you press F7 in game. Inside this file you can add lines like:
bind "`" "dota_ability_execute 0;dota_ability_execute 0;dota_ability_execute 1;dota_ability_execute 5;dota_ability_execute 1;dota_ability_execute 1;dota_ability_execute 1"

This line will bind the Ghost Walk spell to the `/~ key and will also summon three instances of Wex creating a sort of invoker `panic button'. In practice, the same thing can be done for all of invokers spells. If you assign all the different spells to hotkeys, you can also reassign the Quas, Wex, Exort hot-keys to summon three instances instead of one with:
bind "q" "dota_ability_execute 0;dota_ability_execute 0;dota_ability_execute 0"

Keep in mind pressing F7 and executing the kael.cfg file will override any overlapping hot-keys. Typing exec autoexec.cfg should restore your old hotkeys. I've included my config file at the end of this thread.

Keep in mind that this isn't particularly useful for people already used to Invoker because they're all like...

Go into combat...

WWQRDWWWRDQWERDEEWRDQQERDEEQRDQQQRD

Which, believe it or not, is actually far easier on a keyboard than 4, 5, x, z, c, etc...

Edit: More controversial, but very useful Smartcasting script: http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=30888

I wouldn't say it gives a strict advantage, but with heroes like Viper or Drow it can be a real gamechanger. Basically anyone with an orb would love smartcasting. Basically anyone who played LoL would also love smartcasting. But on someone like Profit or Lion it might not be so wise. So if you do use it, I recommend you set it up with an enable / disable option just like the Carl script above.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: July 29, 2012, 07:32:16 pm »

That would make him easier if learning, but gimp you in the long run unless you used easier keys to get to... F7 is a bit far away on your keyboard to be used effectively for a spell.

I've got most of his spells hotwired into memory from when he originally came out, so meh.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: July 29, 2012, 07:39:42 pm »

I think the regular configuration is way easier for me too, but who knows. Maybe some people are like this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCYEB2czGso So they might find it useful.

As far as I'm concerned I don't really think about the combo too much any more. It's kinda like a fighting game. When you're used to the control scheme... you're not consciously thinking forward forward low punch high kick.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: July 29, 2012, 08:50:16 pm »

practicing you Invoker like this might work too http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yE9ecc0eQC0

Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 246