Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239125 times)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #645 on: July 26, 2012, 06:10:31 pm »

The most efficient :D

Rare to see a dagon 5 on anyone though. That thing is expensive.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
  • [ENTER_TENTACLES:RIBCAGE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 26, 2012, 06:11:41 pm »

For Tinker, you pretty much get every active skill item imaginable as well as a lot of mana regen (Bloodstone helps later).

Boots of travel, teleport to a creep wave, March, Rearm, March, port to fountain. Rinse, repeat until farmed, since you effectively have infinite teleport scrolls for the rest of the game.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 26, 2012, 06:18:57 pm »

Infinite CD-less teleport scrolls! Even better.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 26, 2012, 06:20:54 pm »

I loved Tinker back in the day. Need to play him more often.
What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the Earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous motherfuckers in the jungle. -Stephen King's Cell
It's viable to keep a dead rabbit in the glove compartment to take a drink every now and then.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 26, 2012, 07:45:22 pm »

He's a pretty good one to get for rd's and cm's.  He's not really going to get banned or picked out, because most people don't play high-skill heroes unless they're blatantly op, like invoker.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: July 26, 2012, 10:31:30 pm »

So how good is Nyx his ult looks pretty devastating but he seems to do very little damage how he stack up vs the other stealthy heroes like Riki and Bounty?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: July 26, 2012, 10:39:36 pm »

He's kinda like a stealth nuker. Half of his damage is magic, while the other half is physical. It makes him hard to defend against. He's much different from Riki; he does a sudden burst of awesome damage... but can't do much else after that other then run or autoattack with his meh damage. He's somewhat similar to Bounty; both do a lot of burst, but NA has much better early-game spells and ganking potential then bounty.

He's a early-mid game assassin, to put it simply. Bounty and Riki don't shine until mid-late.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 10:41:30 pm by Rex_Nex »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: July 26, 2012, 10:43:04 pm »

... I vaguely remember one of the two spiders being incredibly fragile... was it the assassin or the other one? Or just me misremembering things?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Astral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: July 26, 2012, 10:44:52 pm »

He is pretty much the one shot nuke assassin, though his usability is somewhat more geared against intelligence heroes now that they changed his mana burn from the extremely annoying flat (260?) amount to an intelligence based amount.

You run in, break stealth with an attack, stun then mana burn, and you have a kill. Decent hero to get at least a Dagon I on, and great for pub stomping/demoralizing, since it's like facing Predator without the common sense of getting wards.

Great for ganks, but unless you have a lot of farm from hero kills, you fall behind fairly easy. Still, nothing like making a 5v5 teamfight 5v4 by taking out the squishy intelligence support, or possibly a carry.

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: July 26, 2012, 10:47:04 pm »

... I vaguely remember one of the two spiders being incredibly fragile... was it the assassin or the other one? Or just me misremembering things?

You're thinking of Weaver, the other spider. There's actually a third spider, Broodmother. All three are pretty weak, but Brood makes up for it with lifesteal, Weaver makes up for it with being able to go back in time, and NA has that awesome invis ulti.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2012, 10:48:36 pm by Rex_Nex »

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: July 26, 2012, 10:48:46 pm »

Ah, yeah. Meant the... Centaur spider. Things. Nerub model thieves.

Broodmother being in a different, arguably more awesome, category. The pushing, the pushing, aiee.

... unless that part changed while I wasn't looking.
Ask not!
Ask!

Rex_Nex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 26, 2012, 10:49:36 pm »

Brood is awesome, yea :D

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 27, 2012, 12:08:46 am »

can't KotL just shut brood push down just one illuminate BAM dead spider-lings does it hit invis..
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 27, 2012, 12:12:20 am »

Yeah a decent AoE enabled hero can stop a spider wave easy. That's why you start one up where said hero isn't, while said hero is tangled in something else, and roll over a tower (or two) while they're busy :P

'Course, even if they do, you just do the same bloody thing the next wave. And the next, and the next, and the next... and then your ult is ready, omnomnom.
Ask not!
Ask!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 27, 2012, 12:16:55 am »

He is pretty much the one shot nuke assassin, though his usability is somewhat more geared against intelligence heroes now that they changed his mana burn from the extremely annoying flat (260?) amount to an intelligence based amount.

You run in, break stealth with an attack, stun then mana burn, and you have a kill. Decent hero to get at least a Dagon I on, and great for pub stomping/demoralizing, since it's like facing Predator without the common sense of getting wards.

Great for ganks, but unless you have a lot of farm from hero kills, you fall behind fairly easy. Still, nothing like making a 5v5 teamfight 5v4 by taking out the squishy intelligence support, or possibly a carry.
Not to mention he kinda just dies in a teamfight, being that he's super squishy and melee range. Kinda like Riki in that sense, except without the permanent silence cloud or the neverending stealth to rely on.

So that's kinda his gimmick. Like other people mentioned, he doesn't really get that much scarier late on... kinda peaks at level 11.

If I were to think of other limitations he suffers from, it would be things like:
1. He has no real gap closer... which is kinda horrible for an assassin. He makes up for it with a large number of stuns, but he can have some real trouble catching up to targets he can't kill instantly. This is not helped by his mediocre movespeed and the fact that his item builds have no room at all for movespeed items.

2. His own mana costs are crazy high. A big part of why he's kinda shitty later on is because he needs to devote around half his item pool just to sustain his mana usage. We're looking at mana boots AND bottle level of mana draining. Even then you might even need more mana regen... especially if you ever want to push.

3. He's a pretty crappy laner all things considered... especially if he's up against a strength hero with no intelligence. It's really quite easy to kick him out of the lane so he doesn't get his ultimate until it's too late, since even his base stats alone are very low. Again, it doesn't help that he has the stats of a ranged hero but is melee.

I guess those are the prices you pay for having obscene burst damage.

Tl;dr: Nyx hurts like hell once and can't do anything after that. Also kinda useless later on.
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 246