Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 238821 times)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3570 on: September 19, 2013, 07:50:48 pm »

How does the "fix" on armlet work? I dont know if im totally ok with that.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: September 19, 2013, 07:56:29 pm »

Pudge: Meat Hook now pulls the target to the initial hook position regardless of where Pudge is

Does...does this mean that chen+pudge fountainhook is...fixed?

Yep. May still be possible with some other combos (I believe Magnus + Wisp can still drag enemies to fountain, for instance).

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: September 19, 2013, 10:44:26 pm »

Kinda upset about the removal of the fountain hook :(
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: September 19, 2013, 11:19:59 pm »

How does the "fix" on armlet work? I dont know if im totally ok with that.
There was a bug (technically still is as the patch isn't out yet) where if you activate armlet twice extremely fast (just tap the button really fast), you can toggle it off and on without any delay at all.

It's supposed to have 1 second delay.

This means if you have rapid fingers or a script, you can't die if the enemy can't do more than 400 damage per second. It's incredibly broken.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: September 19, 2013, 11:39:23 pm »

You can still have excellently timed toggles, you just can't be practically invincible. I am totally okay with that. And while I mourn the loss of fountain hooking, at least my not-so-great pudge-playing pubmates will stop trying to do the damn things.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: September 20, 2013, 08:01:19 am »

Fountain hooking was great though. It was the ultimate risk-reward tactic. You land it, you get rewarded with a pretty much guranteed kill. If you miss it, you're out of the game while you run back and your team gets owned 4v5.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: September 20, 2013, 11:25:55 am »

Control groups are now saved to the cloud, per hero, and will persist across games and disconnects. They are saved per hero

That's fucking amazing! The most important change in the patch!

The fountain hook fix is a proof that Ice caves and changes his stance on things when under pressure from people. It was repeated for years that it's fine, but after TI3 it's not?
With this being said : couldn't care less, at least the firstpick pudge retards won't keep failing to do that.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 11:28:12 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: September 21, 2013, 05:28:51 pm »

http://www.dota2.com/firstblood

New patch is out. I'll highlight some stuff:
-Update Notes-
You missed one major part, they are adding a GLADOS announcer pack (as well as portal themed wards).

Also, what is the state of the tournament, because it seems like nothing has really happened about it over the past week.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: September 21, 2013, 05:34:21 pm »

You missed one major part, they are adding a GLADOS announcer pack (as well as portal themed wards).

Portal announcer and wards

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: September 21, 2013, 05:35:40 pm »

:-[
I AM NOW SHAMED.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: September 21, 2013, 06:45:34 pm »

Earlier today, I was teaching a few of my friends who had never played the game before how to play. After a few matches of losing against medium bots they started to figure out last hitting and staying in range of creeps for XP and whatnot. I had been running hard support with Omniknight and Treant Protector to try to keep them alive and putting some pressure on them to last hit. One then asked me to play something more active to see if we could win one. Cue Axe. I have never snowballed harder than I did in that match. At one point I was 6-6 and we were losing a little bit, and then I finished my Linken's Sphere. (Already having a Force Staff, L2 Dagon, and Aghs) Bane couldn't lock me down anymore, so I was force staffing around with my Dagon and Culling Blade, just melting people. Threw on a Bloodstone in short order, then Heart once I realized how much gold I had piled up from scooting around the whole map (with my new Blink Dagger) and culling everything. Level 5 dagon on a 15 second cooldown, Culling Blade on 10 seconds, and a kill just about as often as both came up and I caught something. Ended up going 42-6 by the end, even spawn-camping Bane and Viper while the creeps finished the ancient. 989 gold per minute, more than I think I've ever gotten. On the other hand, medium bots.

Spoiler: TL;DR (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Second favorite part of that series of bot matches: I was checking out all of their inventories to see what they were buying, and I noticed my friend playing Ursa had both Tranquil and Phase boots. When I asked him about it, he just said, "Bears have four paws."

Can't argue with that.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2013, 12:05:59 pm by Barbarossa TSG »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: September 22, 2013, 01:16:59 pm »

If there's one thing I've learned from occasionally using the Pyrion Flax announcer is that I don't take well to being berated by an announcer during an intense match. Unless I'm being berated by Jugg or Axe. I think Glados will make me punch out my monitor.

I still think Abbadon is broken as hell. And I love playing him so much. I can't imagine an Abbadon + Omniknight team. It'd be the douchiest teamfight in the world.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3582 on: September 25, 2013, 03:58:50 pm »

Picked up the portal pack through trading, so if anyone wants to test drive it, or get it, feel free to add me and we can game together.
Rexmundi15

on a dota-y level, what do you guys build for axe? I ask, because most builds don't include a eul's or scepter like mine.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: September 25, 2013, 07:51:09 pm »

I almost always start with two stout shields and craptonnes of tangos.

Then I man up and punch people in the face cause they can't do shit to me. I don't care about last hitting because counter helix will take care of that. I don't care about creep aggro because creeps don't do enough damage to exceed stout shield block. Punch people in the face until they cry. Then kill them with burger hunger.

After that I get Urn, so that they don't just die a slow and painful death with burger hunger on them, but they die a rapid and humiliating death with burger hunger and urn charge. Also mana regen.

Then I become the Dunklord and get an Aghs + Blink Dagger. You can dunk everything. You can dunk a full HP creep just so you can run around faster. Your 6 second cooldown lets you dunk all the time.

Game is usually over at this point.

There was only one game I ever got beyond that point. I bought a Bloodstone for more dunking.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #3584 on: September 25, 2013, 11:39:50 pm »

Ok, never thought of it as dunking. god damn the image in my mind is funny.
Oh, thinking of playing in a few minuets, anyone wanna join?
Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 246