Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 238940 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3255 on: August 09, 2013, 11:07:47 pm »

Oh shit. Malaysians doing work.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: August 10, 2013, 02:53:24 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, apparently there's been a fair bit of controversy over the tactics used by Na'Vi in game 3 versus TongFu. On the one hand, it's a cheesy strategy that can all but guarantee instant kills on pretty much any hero in the game (including a farmed Gyro with an Aegis!), and is almost certainly not an intended interaction. On the other hand, it's a very difficult combo to execute (Dendi missed numerous times), and each time you fail, you're missing out on lots of experience and gold, plus the risk of the enemy team initiating and killing your team while your midlaner is back at the fountain. And it looks damn cool when it happens!

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: August 10, 2013, 03:02:58 am »

I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: August 10, 2013, 03:28:46 am »

As far as I know, the Fountain Hook tactic has been around practically as long as Pudge has, and nobody's ever raised a stink about it before. In fact, they pulled the exact same trick out (albeit with a different player on Chen) at TI2. And the sheer amount of skill required to get that Gyrocopter in the midst of that many creeps, other enemies, juking allies, trees, and whatnot was absolutely incredible. It's cheesy, but I remember that happening when I played DOTA 1, and it was just as awesome then.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: August 10, 2013, 01:22:09 pm »

While I would admit it's a bit douchebaggy, there are far more legitimate reasons for why Tongfu failed than just that. I could talk about how fountain hooking is actually very difficult to do and if Na'vi were able to pull it off so many times it speaks more to their skill than anything else, but I won't. I'll talk about why it's normally a really stupid idea.

Every single time Dendi failed a fountain hook, of which there were many, especially to start, Tongfu didn't do anything to counter. Na'vi essentially put themselves 4v5 for a good 30 seconds (or at least 5 seconds while Dendi TP's back), but Tongfu would just go back to their jungle and farm. Why? Dendi pulled off 7 fountain hooks. Success rate was about 50%. So there were at least 7 free chances to teamwipe Na'vi. Even in the occassions where Dendi actually landed a fountain hook, the times when Tongfu decided to attack anyway they still teamwiped Na'vi! Most likely because in those situations Dendi pulled off the hook in the middle of an existing fight so Tongfu didn't have a chance to pussy out.

And this was a thing I noticed them constantly doing. And I say this as a Chinese guy. They're so cowardly and pussy and absolutely refuse to capitalize on mistakes or situations. I remember watching Tongfu in the prelims teamwipe the enemy at Rosh... and then subsequently spent over a minute wandering around the rosh pit. It's absolutely ridiculous. Why do you think their idiotic games take eons to finish? They're just cowards. There's no other word for it. So scared of risk they might as well just go off and jack off into a sink for all its worth instead of wasting our time.

So while I think fountain hooking is kinda dumb... why on earth didn't Tongfu punish them for it? They deserved to lose, in all honesty. They were so far ahead... more than 10k gold and exp ahead. Literally all they had to do was autoattack the enemy's base and they would have won at that point. And they sat around being scared of a nonexistant bogeyman. Worthless cowards.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: August 10, 2013, 04:05:04 pm »

DK vs Orange

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: August 10, 2013, 04:06:48 pm »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: August 10, 2013, 06:20:33 pm »

"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: August 10, 2013, 08:17:55 pm »

« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 08:25:10 pm by Stworca »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: August 10, 2013, 08:38:57 pm »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: August 10, 2013, 08:50:44 pm »

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: August 10, 2013, 09:01:36 pm »

Ed: The midas interaction with safe gold is probably a significant reason why it's picked up almost every game by loda and bulldog.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2013, 09:10:22 pm by Rez »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: August 10, 2013, 10:45:48 pm »

I wonder what team are going to disband and what teams are going to shift players around especially with the potential loss of Burning for DK.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: August 11, 2013, 02:56:29 am »

What is there left for DK without Burning? Let's be honest here, they have nothing else going for them. Super can land some RP's, and rotk knows where the teleport button is on the nature's prophet. That's about it.

I hope Burning stops that retirement nonsense. His AM play is the only thing so far that stomped [A], and i doubt that will change in the finals. I just hope Pup doesnt give Dendi pudge in the finals, because that won't work. On the other hand, if Dendi is destroyed playing Pudge, maybe the bloody russians will stop picking it every match.
I don't fear pub lone druids, while even a bad Pudge can land a hook sometimes.

At the same time props goes to Alliance. They appear to be the only team in TI3 who actually did their research, counted the numbers, and the coins. This will change meta-game. And if it doesn't, they will win again.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 03:38:01 am by Stworca »

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: August 11, 2013, 06:35:07 am »

So, where do you think guys is the nerfhammer going to fall? I think visage is going to be hit a bit hard, alch BAT is going up for sure, bat might be hit if IF finds how to do it without turning him into shit, Huskar maaaaaaybe (He might wreck pubs, but pros will be able to counter him in the draft.) and probably Akke, Loda, EGM, AdmiralBulldog and S4 will get nerfed a bit. That won't stop them from stomping anyway.

Also, buffs to lycan, though not to his old level. Maybe a rework to an ability so he isn't only a rightclicker anymore, kinda like SK.

But what I want to see the most is how is he going to change the game and items. Things like new items or pick/ban order have had huge effects during the last year.
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 246