Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240187 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #3180 on: August 06, 2013, 01:25:21 am »

He's getting used all the time.  8)

He's also a douche.

The only guy that can make you rage more in mid lane is Bane.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: August 06, 2013, 08:27:44 am »

Mid bane is easily countered by nightstalker.

▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: August 06, 2013, 08:40:38 am »

Silencer, OD and a few others beat Bane mid with little to no effort.

Silencer also belonging to the "What a dick" club of mid heroes. Orb walk + Ridiculous spell harass is comparable on the bullshit meter to bane's enfeeble making you hit like towels.

Zeus, i feel, also fares very good against Bane, due to the fact that Zeus doesn't need the damage to last hit.

I disagree with nightstalker countering him, however.. It's not such an advantageous matchup. Until first night time, you get nothing, and first night hits, Bane is THE guy to cockblock you. You have to get that silence on him, and burst him down during it, or your gank turns into feeding.
Edit : A great pun, though :P
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 08:44:24 am by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: August 06, 2013, 08:45:13 am »

Yeah, I just could not miss it, sorry :). I love mid bane as well.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: August 06, 2013, 08:52:06 am »

Mid aa and witchdoctor also rate highly among my list of mid heros who can do a rediculously good job and should be played mid more.  AA for his chilling touch, 150 dmg harass at lvl 3 from a long ass range right click is painful to everyone.
Nom nom nom

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: August 06, 2013, 08:57:08 am »

AA is super easy to gank, and against mana drainers, he falls apart even without ganks.
I love AA, i love all global heroes, but he's not the super mid  :o

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: August 06, 2013, 09:00:37 am »

AA is super easy to gank, and against mana drainers, he falls apart even without ganks.
I love AA, i love all global heroes, but he's not the super mid  :o
Yeah, I didn't mean that he was at all the best, just that in some situations he is pretty damn good.  For instance it's not too hard to destroy a sf mid as him, provided the enemy does not have a gank heavy line up.  ((or your team isn't shit and actually buys wards, I mean come on his slow cast range is absurd))
Nom nom nom

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: August 06, 2013, 11:01:51 am »

I object. Soul ring+brain sap makes everyone cry on a 1v1. Even OD, magina, huskar and NS suffer against that. The other two abilities are only salt on the wound, and his ult what secures kills.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: August 06, 2013, 11:11:02 am »

But OD will make sure that Bane never has mana, and will make sure that bane never last hits. Bane is intelligence. His Soul Ring will arrive 20 minutes in, rounding down.

The ideal for Bane would be to start with Enfeeble, lowering OD's last hitting for some time, and then get ALL the last hits. Even then, OD will steal back it over time, and without clarities, you will not cast the third enfeeble.
You would have to start with parts of soul ring to go big early enough, to stop OD.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 11:16:24 am by Stworca »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: August 06, 2013, 12:38:43 pm »

The only heroes that can trade well vs OD mid is Blood Seeker since he care 0% about mana and Timbersaw because it impossible to harass him out of lane you just max his E and be immortal   
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: August 06, 2013, 12:55:45 pm »

Oh man, I didn't know about Essence Aura. I don't know if OD often does off-lanes, but that would be pretty scary with Zeus. Zeus gets to spam his chain lightning every couple seconds for last hits, so you can just rain lightning bolts in-lane. Of course, that is a pretty squishy lane. Might be something to try in an aggressive tri-lane sometime.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: August 06, 2013, 12:59:06 pm »

The problem is that both require levels, and neither has any proper disables to contribute. What you get is a very bad lane until they level up.. a lot. This is the reason why Shadow Shaman is mostly forgotten - without levels, he is useless (he is also mighty slow with 285).

If the Zeus + OD + 1 tri faces any proper tri with venomancers, rubicks, leshracs, shadow demons, juggernauts and all the others.. Everyone is dead, and the game is lost.
Even if it succeeds, the lightning spam will push the lane into enemy fountain.. Losing the lane.

I've ran a KotL + Zeus lane, and it was fun blasting enemies back into their tier4, but it doesn't work against players above "decent" bracket, as you'll get ganked.. A lot. And you don't have any escape mechanisms or hit points to tank.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 01:05:19 pm by Stworca »

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: August 06, 2013, 01:04:41 pm »

At level 7 (8 if you max Astral first), Essence Aura restores an average of 10% of your mana pool every time you cast. Thus, with a few lucky rolls, you can spam indefinitely if your maximum mana is 10x the cost of your spell. Arc Lightning is 65 mana at level 1, meaning you'd need a tiny 650 maximum mana to spam it all day long. The very idea of a sustainable 85 magic damage + 11% current HP every ~2 seconds is terrifying. This is, of course, before considering that having OD in the lane also means his positively brutal laning harass with Astral.

The only real drawback would be splitting the XP and gold earned between OD and Zeus, both heroes who benefit hugely from solo EXP and, to a point, gold.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: August 06, 2013, 01:20:47 pm »

Yeah, you would probably have to have OD and Zeus separate at the start and do some rotation to get that to work. A low-level lightning bolt isn't super. (Although spamming arc lightning to activate Static Field is simply wonderful at any rank.) One would have to be brutally aggressive, though, with Arc Lightning's ability to melt creep waves. It probably won't work against many good teams, but I'm still in low-skill queues when not playing with my much higher level friends. (I can tell when we're in my queue because Drow and Spirit Breaker are all locked in before my starting lag dies down.  :P)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: August 06, 2013, 01:25:33 pm »

You would have to start with parts of soul ring to go big early enough, to stop OD.
Is there any other way to start with bane apart from that and being the wardbitch?
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 246