Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 240081 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2940 on: June 28, 2013, 05:40:24 pm »

So what should we name the guild just Bay 12 Games?
meh the guild system is messed up i can't upload a png....damn it valve 
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 02:35:19 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: June 29, 2013, 02:26:04 am »

Since we were discussing it a couple of days ago, I thought I'd bring to your attention this Reddit post, which shows the results of an in-depth investigation of how the Dota 2 communication abuse reporting system works. To summarize their findings:

* You are muted if the system receives two communication abuse reports within 48 hours.
* Multiple reports from the same match do not count. (A party of 2 can't insta-mute you.)
* Multiple reports from the same person do not count.

Notably, this means players who play lots of games are more likely to be muted, since you only have to piss off 2 people in 48 hours, which becomes a more likely result the more games you play. If you play 1 match every 2 days, you are 100% immune to mutes.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: June 29, 2013, 11:58:39 am »

Guild is up add 
Deep Sea Diver Man or Umiman
Since I never got a name suggestion it just Bay 12 Games.
I wish i could just send a invite to everyone in the steam group would be so much less of a pain
« Last Edit: June 29, 2013, 01:25:56 pm by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: June 30, 2013, 09:35:06 pm »

So...I recently finished a game that was a little ridiculous, teams were disrupter(me), lina, witch doctor, kunka, and medusa vs pudge, bristleback, slark, nyx, and drow...it starts off oddly with medusa saying that they will go jungle then 3 minutes into the game drow gets first blood then also dies to witch doctor who was solo safe lane, I end up doing ok dispite being vs slark/nyx lane, kunka ended up out csing the both of them dispite me and him dying once...but to make a VERY long game into a short story(1 hour 18 minutes), my side lost all of our towers but kept saving the bottom barraks from the enemy attempts at it untill we managed to wipe them then pushed to win...but i do suspect if any good player was to look at the replay they would be almost pounding their head on their desk asking why...but the real kicker of the game is that medusa jungled...and started by attacking the ancients by using a quelling axe to make a small space that they could shoot the ancient without them being able to attack back
« Last Edit: June 30, 2013, 09:36:37 pm by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: June 30, 2013, 09:54:45 pm »

The Ancient jungling strat is reasonably well-known. Here's a video showing how to do it with Medusa, while this one demonstrates how Tinker can do it, too.

Bear in mind: they're both easily countered. If you're 2 minutes into the laning phase and realize "Hey, Tinker/Medusa hasn't shown up anywhere yet!", then you can bet money they're jungling ancients. If so, saddle on over and enjoy your free kill - they'll be underleveled (the first few levels are harder), will have skilled useless 1v1 skills (Split Shot for Medusa, March for Tinker), and will probably have taken some damage from ranged ancients. It's mildly useful when your team has a stupid composition with too many farmers and nobody's willing to jungle, though.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: June 30, 2013, 10:21:15 pm »

Also you usually ask a suport or some one with a summon/dominator to stack for you and then you go farm for the extra gold/xp, being in ancients from minute 0 is a shitty idea, like jungling with a shitty jungler, it can be done but that doesnt mean its good.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: July 01, 2013, 12:05:24 am »

So i have to ask...assuming top lane wards the rune, how is the enemy team expected to go gank the tinker/medusa killing the ancients? buying a smoke at 1:30? then what is to stop mid and top from collapsing to them unless the enemy team brings 3?
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: July 01, 2013, 01:08:03 am »

You don't even have to do that just ward it so he/she can't stack
oh let me know if you get a mouz card I'll give you stuff for them I really want a syndern one
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 02:36:14 am by Alkhemia »

Virex

• Bay Watcher
  • Subjects interest attracted. Annalyses pending...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: July 01, 2013, 04:24:55 am »

So i have to ask...assuming top lane wards the rune, how is the enemy team expected to go gank the tinker/medusa killing the ancients? buying a smoke at 1:30? then what is to stop mid and top from collapsing to them unless the enemy team brings 3?

They're not, that's what the ward is for. But remember that they're underleveled and likely also somewhat damaged, so they can choose between fighting an unfavourable fight or running and accomplish nothing for the first 3 minutes of the game.

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: July 01, 2013, 09:39:43 am »

Guild is up add 
I wish i could just send a invite to everyone in the steam group would be so much less of a pain
add me to the group pls, steam name is steady2010 with the current set username as kilakan
Nom nom nom

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: July 01, 2013, 07:59:25 pm »

Guild is up add 
add me to the group pls, steam name is steady2010 with the current set username as kilakan
You are but you have to be on dota to join  :P
I went an added every single person on my friends list after adding all of the people from the steam group....7 people still need to accept the damn invitation already.

How does one beat a Obsidian Destroyer mid during the laning phase well maybe tree but tree just Imba.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 08:03:26 pm by Alkhemia »

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: July 01, 2013, 08:07:51 pm »

How does one beat a Obsidian Destroyer mid during the laning phase well maybe tree but tree just Imba.
Some times the int steal means infinite mana, just spam your stuff as soon as you can, you will be able to spam it with some luck, or pick something thats not mana dependant at all.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: July 01, 2013, 08:37:32 pm »

It's really tough to beat an OD 1v1 in mid lane but you can deal with him in the same way as you would a Viper or a Shadow Demon.

Basically you need to ask for ganks.

However, don't lose faith, here are some other tactics I've learned that work on him.

1. The mana drain thing is a double edged sword. Sure it's ridiculously stupid when you're down to 13 mana and can't do jack crap, but because of the way Dota works, you will regain mana based on the % amount of mana you currently have when the int is returned to you. This means that you can actually OOM yourself, use a tiny bit of mana regen to regen your 13 mana pool, wait for the thing to wear off and get 100% mana back.

In other words, just spam your spells on him. After all you can get the mana back for free.

It takes a little practice to know when to use spells and when to wait, but in time you'll get it.

2. A soul ring will give you bonus mana when you use it, so it's independent of the mana that OD steals from you.

3. If you're someone like say... Sniper or Lone Druid who has very long range, just right click him. If you want you can even give up getting last hits as it's probably more important to you to get the blasted motherfucker out of the lane. Right click him until he runs away like a little baby girl.

4. If you're someone ultra tanky at level 1 like Ursa or SB, just kill him. Grab a stout shield, some stats and lots of regen and punch him to death. OD is so squishy it's kinda silly. And if he imprisons you he can't save himself.

5. There happens to be this one hero that uses almost no mana, has a ranged attack and an orb (that uses no mana) that hurts like an unbelievable bitch, and is almost immune to magic damage.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: July 01, 2013, 08:44:26 pm »

One pro team (can't remember who) beat OD mid with a Razor + Tree combo. (Tree as a safelane support, of course.) Static Link continues even through Imprisonment, and its mana cost is so ridiculously low that you can cast it even when constantly Imprisoned. If you Link before Imprisonment, you can right-click OD to force him off the lane once Imprisonment ends.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: July 01, 2013, 08:46:52 pm »

By the way, here's Dota 2's official lorebook. You unlock more pieces of lore every time you complete a tutorial. This includes very detailed backstories for heroes, how the world came to be, etc.

It looks amazing!

http://imgur.com/a/sZaDK
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 246