Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239976 times)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2715 on: June 02, 2013, 06:00:25 am »

Purge basically called it the TI3 balance patch in his analysis. It's hardly concrete, but it seems fair enough.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: June 02, 2013, 06:43:16 am »

Purge basically called it the TI3 balance patch in his analysis. It's hardly concrete, but it seems fair enough.
I've heard from other people that icefrog said that it won't be implemented before the international (no direct quote from him though) so I'm a little confused.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: June 02, 2013, 07:51:17 am »

tbh I think it will be out this thursday it how every dota 1 patch has worked so far.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: June 02, 2013, 12:41:22 pm »

TI3 will use the latest version.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: June 02, 2013, 03:55:45 pm »

Bwahaha, oh lord...  Sometimes I wish you could record co-op matches.

We started off with some dude picking Meepo and me randoming Elder Titan, a character I didn't really feel like playing all that much just then, but also didn't want to lose the gold for repicking...  No one else wanted to swap though, so we went through with three carries (Meepo, Clinkz and Riki), Shadow Shaman and myself.

Shadow Shaman starts the game by having his net explode and DC'ing.  Meepo feeds a couple times in his solo lane before quitting.  Clinkz fails a gank and then joins the crowd.

That leaves Riki and ET to face off against highly fed Juggernaut, Sven and Razor...  Plus Zeus and Lich with their ults in good shape.

I do really miss when the bots would actually "disconnect" when one of the players dropped out...  Made for things being less hectic.  But then again, if that were still the case, I wouldn't have been able to tell you how we managed to stomp a 2v5 co-op just on our lonesome.

Thanks to some mad skill synergies, defensive play and coordination, we managed to either force them to retreat or outright destroy them in teamfights long enough for us to annihilate all of their rax...  While simultaneously getting some truly ridiculous gold stockpiles to sit on.

ET's ultimate was basically capable of turning an entire 5-man bot group right around, and in one circumstance allowed Riki to teamwipe them, despite everyone being fed and farmed to hither and yon.

It took a long time, but we manage to defeat them...  And yes, I'm quite proud of myself for that.  Our rewards?  A couple shroom chests.  Meepo got a chest of the Cursed Wood, despite not having had anything to do with the game.

Of special not was that although we could control the disconnected Meepo prime, we couldn't control his clones...  This led to one of them just wandering out of the base after some lanecreeps and dying.  Then, later on, since the DCed heroes were so low level and had effectively no items, whenever Zeus pulled off a double ult with refresher he got a triple kill from the mooks sitting in fountain.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: June 04, 2013, 12:21:46 am »

A video demonstration of how little damage Huskar takes with his new passive: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xEnIqIXqa8

He also can't die to Doom. Literally he cannot die to Doom even if Doom was permanent.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: June 04, 2013, 01:07:31 am »

So, the 6.78 parity patch just hit the DotA 2 test server, meaning it'll be live in DotA 2's main client soon (possibly tomorrow). We won't be able to play with the new heroes, but otherwise all the new changes should be available.

This should be fun.  :D

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: June 04, 2013, 03:00:34 am »

So, the 6.78 parity patch just hit the DotA 2 test server, meaning it'll be live in DotA 2's main client soon (possibly tomorrow). We won't be able to play with the new heroes, but otherwise all the new changes should be available.

This should be fun.  :D
Well that was fast.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: June 04, 2013, 06:13:56 am »

Jesus, what was IceFrog THINKING when he reworked SK's critical? I mean, having ONE active and an armlet was hard enough, but now TWO actives?! Does he seriously think that we all have stereotypical asian micro skills?! I can play Meepo, I can play Chen, I can play Visage, hell, I can even play DF without Dwarf Therapist. But this is just plain ridiculous.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: June 04, 2013, 06:15:39 am »

Jesus, what was IceFrog THINKING when he reworked SK's critical? I mean, having ONE active and an armlet was hard enough, but now TWO actives?! Does he seriously think that we all have stereotypical asian micro skills?! I can play Meepo, I can play Chen, I can play Visage, hell, I can even play DF without Dwarf Therapist. But this is just plain ridiculous.
That made me laugh more then it should have.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: June 04, 2013, 07:23:33 am »

As a three-fingered person, I feel discriminated against in this change.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: June 04, 2013, 07:24:34 am »

Armlet is no longer viable on SK.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: June 04, 2013, 10:36:16 am »

Well...I had a very frustrating game last night where queen of pain decides that since everyone on the team is defending mid tier 2 tower, the jungle is free to farm...and the fact i pretty much had to be support night stalker yet still was more or less carrying the team...it was all random and at the beginning I had asked invoker if he knew how to play invoker, got no response so i figured he knew what he was doing...then he abandons the game...didn't disconnect, just flat out abandoned the game which caused his character to be uncontrollable...which is sad since if I could have had control of him then it might not have gone as badly.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 10:38:48 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: June 04, 2013, 11:48:16 am »

Just saw this posted somewhere, new meta?
http://dotabuff.com/players/7286980/matches

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: June 04, 2013, 12:04:22 pm »

I was going to make some wise comments, how stacking damage block works on a hero like Axe (with stout shields, not vanguards..) but that Puck game of his.. I like phase, yasha + eul's as much as the next guy, but that should be complimented with force staff + blink dagger, not double vanguard  ::)

He died a lot in most of the games, maybe TRIPLE vanguard would help.

Edit : In his defense, all random matches are just bonkers anyway.
Edit 2 : His win ratio increased with the double-vanguard strategy ( a step forward, from triple-soul-booster ) i don't even.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 12:16:32 pm by Stworca »
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 246