Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239934 times)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2580 on: May 21, 2013, 11:26:26 am »

I wish I could be as good against players as I am against bots. 27/0 against medium bots with Weaver, most I've gotten against players with him is like, what, 6?

Ramp up to hard-difficulty bots.  They're still bots, but they actually start doing things players will do, like denying creeps (something they're far better at that most humans...) and harassing lane opponents.  But, as with anything else, it's all a matter of practice.

And to me, Weaver seems more like the type who's really good at keeping the death count low...  Not so much the kill count high.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2581 on: May 21, 2013, 11:52:52 am »

No bot on any dificulty will play even close as a human, they are bad and what i think is worst its that they dont react as humans, so play a few games and move on, except very few things that you can learn, the huge majority wont be aplicable to a real match.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2582 on: May 21, 2013, 12:30:36 pm »

Just played another co-op match.  Since this is late morning on a work/schoolday, it took a while for the matchmaker to find a few other sorry gits to play with.

The game loads up, and I notice them...  Two dudes who have standard names as their tags, and share a last name.  Demonic/"cool"/badass profile pictures.  0 wins on both profiles.  One's recent game list shows half of them played as Sniper, the other half as Drow.  The other fellow has a similar record, just with Viper and Ursa.

And then, I knew this was going to be one of those games.

Sure enough, one picks Sniper and the other picks Viper.  Sniper takes unsafe lane and proceeds to feed throughout the game with only power treads and a mask of madness to his name.  Viper seems to be the more competent of the two, and rushes shadow blade and heart of tarrasque, while picking stats over maxing his Nethertoxin.  He almost manages to keep a neutral/positive KDA.

On the bright side, I randomed Centaur and another fellow randomed Bristleback, and we proceeded to stomp the everloving data out of the bot team.  Sniper's first and only kill was when we were camping their fountain at the end and he got off a lucky snipe.  His only other contributions to the game were spouting random phrases of Portuguese, followed by a line of "kkkkkkkk".

I hate stereotypes, especially when they're spot on.

coolio678

• Bay Watcher
  • whooshing winds and all that jazz
    • View Profile
« Reply #2583 on: May 21, 2013, 08:28:45 pm »

STEAM STOP GIVING ME DOTA KEYS!!!
T_T
+4 just today...
T_T
I ain't even giving these out, so why are they forcing more on me???

Would you be willing to send me one on steam? I just downloaded it but have been having trouble finding a key
Dwarves passing by get good thoughts from the mist of water and exploding felines.
Anyone of the equivalent to the royal bloodline in a nomadic group would have a sun tattooed on their hand, or a scrotum on their forehead (it's a little-known fact that fraternities are based off of long-forgotten tribes).

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2584 on: May 21, 2013, 08:46:47 pm »

STEAM STOP GIVING ME DOTA KEYS!!!
T_T
+4 just today...
T_T
I ain't even giving these out, so why are they forcing more on me???

Would you be willing to send me one on steam? I just downloaded it but have been having trouble finding a key
Add me on steam so I can send you one. Look to the signature.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2585 on: May 21, 2013, 09:26:42 pm »

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2586 on: May 22, 2013, 03:30:08 am »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2587 on: May 22, 2013, 04:24:19 am »

AR game. We got Pugna and Jugg.

I asked my friend.... "Your spin is magical damage right? So wouldn't it work with decrepify?"

Turns out it does. One of the fastest first bloods in my life. 40% damage boost + 3 second slow = dead Gyro. Repeat 6 times.

http://dotabuff.com/matches/200832414

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2588 on: May 22, 2013, 09:53:56 am »

I'd forgotten how fun Nyx was to play. I didn't score a huge number of kills, but they started 5 manning from like 20 minutes onwards. Although I'd say the 12/1/14 Clinkz helped there.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2589 on: May 22, 2013, 10:39:56 am »

I take back what I said bout pl being my most hated hero Tree is far worse Living Armor is insane.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2590 on: May 22, 2013, 12:12:16 pm »

What happened to Riki pickers? My last 20 or so games didn't have him picked at all (it was AP), and what's more sometimes people do buy couriers and/or wards (and I played those game in solo queue). It's like the game has gone mad!

On the other hand Pubseeker and Ursa are still very much in games I play. The same could be said about 5 carry teams and horrible lane compositions.

Marchosias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2591 on: May 22, 2013, 12:35:58 pm »

You've gotten to the skill level where if someone gets an invis someone is going to ward... I played a random'd riki game someone instant picked bounty, proceeded to turn up in my lane and ward, I took it and went 12/0/12... goes to show even if you counterpick and ward you still have no chance ageinst a riki who can actually play.  Also learned something new about OD that I didnt know before, activate items are godly awsome and tranquil + buckler is sweet early build (thanks purge), not so much for zues or storm spirit who also have those hero spell only activated passives but hey who cares.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2592 on: May 22, 2013, 01:26:58 pm »

I haven't seen Riki in eons myself. The last time I saw him was when I queued with some newbie Bay12ers.

Riki used to be a default Anti-mage counterpick. Not sure why he isn't any more.

I think he's a crap hero, but I'm sure many pubbers will disagree with me. That is not to say I haven't been crushed by super farmed Rikis before. He's really fearsome if he gets fed. If a Riki gets a fast Diffusal you might as well abandon the game. You can't even dust him any more as he can purge himself.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2593 on: May 22, 2013, 02:37:08 pm »

Yeah, I'm not really a big Riki fan either.  He can be nice at times as a scout or something, but that requires that someone actually plays him in a more support-y role.  His whole big thing is easily countered (even more so than standard invis, thanks to silencing having that effect on him), and his rightclicking ability only works in special situations.  Smoke screen is awesome though.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2594 on: May 22, 2013, 03:45:39 pm »

I've been trying a new mode on d2ware: Dota wars. It's basically a crossover of dota with tug of war. You play as always, but you can buy creep spawns with gold for the middle lane. When you have three warlock golems walking down there each wave it gets scary. And a dozen of hill troll priests with an alppha wolf as supports for them do wonders. But the best moment was when we broke the enemy base: The enemy creeps stood fightitng against ours for more than a minute at their spawn, and after that the got stuck there and didn't move, but they still could attack. Cue a tower with melee range able to take down a centaur with a heart in a single attack if he gets close (I was centaur).
Riki used to be a default Anti-mage counterpick. Not sure why he isn't any more.
People learned to buy gem. And naga got ported.

Riki is a great carry if he gets the farm. Also, he can make clock have a bad time until he gets a force staff. But apart from that, you can just orbital strike him.

Pages: 1 ... 171 172 [173] 174 175 ... 246