Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239923 times)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2565 on: May 17, 2013, 05:35:41 am »

Meanwhile, Venomancer is sweeping the floor of any towers you may possess.

I randomed Lifestealer in a botmatch, though, and he's pretty cool. He has good speed, a means of staying in combat... it all works out nicely. I may need to use him in a pub.
he pretty much the best carry in the game atm him, Lone Druid and Cancer Lancer
Naix is really easy to play and last hit with. He pretty much what I recommend for the go to carry if you are new.
If you watch any pro games he pretty much picked or banned every game.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: May 17, 2013, 07:17:01 pm »

Meanwhile, Venomancer is sweeping the floor of any towers you may possess.
You want to take down towers FAST? Go pick leshrac lone druid or lycan. These guys are able to take down towers in seconds, specially with a necronomicon, assault cuirass or desolator.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: May 17, 2013, 09:28:16 pm »

Lycan is probably the best at backdooring, simply because it's so easy for him to run away. LD is pretty close though.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: May 17, 2013, 09:47:51 pm »

Latest co-op game vs. Unfair bots:

83 to 3 kills, our favor.  Game lasted 26 minutes.

Exerosp

• Bay Watcher
  • Not Caught Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: May 18, 2013, 08:54:08 am »

So I found out you can bet on professional Dota 2 games.  You pick a team and give items to a bot, and all the items bet by the losers are distributed to the winners based on your own bet.

The only problem is that the game doesn't distinguish different qualities of item within a rarity category, so naturally like 90% of the items being bet are worthless Omni/Axe/etc. junk from back when the store first started.
Yeah but you can still get up a working economy if you know who to bet on. I pretty much always bet on EG and Alliance, but only if EG's DeMoN plays it seriously.

Edit: "Economy". By that I mean you can get so much junk that you can trade yourself to the items want.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: May 19, 2013, 03:26:23 pm »

Speaking of trades and economy, I just had my first trade...  Someone apparently really wanted my Chen's Turban (which I still think looks a bit like some parasitic mushroom-alien that latched itself to his head), and was willing to give me Gondar's Beard of Scruffy Awesomeness in trade.

I'm happy with the deal.

RexMundi

• Bay Watcher
  • New and Improved!
    • View Profile
    • Steam profile
« Reply #2571 on: May 19, 2013, 08:45:39 pm »

Do we have a trading form up?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: May 20, 2013, 11:28:23 am »

In case anyone didn't already know, Windrunner's Windrun evasion allows her to recharge a blink dagger if she doesn't take spell-related damage in that time.  ...or if someone has an MKB, but eh.

EDIT:  Just had a co-op game where I randomed as Axe.  Decided "Eh, what the heck, everyone else on the team is dominating, I might as well try a weird build".

And then Axe had a Dagon, and things died.

EDIT2:  It would appear that my young ward, after using PA in a few fights and thus having learned all he could from my tutelage, has removed me from his friends list.

Fine by me, really.  The fellow wasn't particularly worthy.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2573 on: May 20, 2013, 08:38:20 pm »

Maybe he watch your axe dagon and runed far far away.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: May 21, 2013, 12:22:24 am »

I also got Dagon on Axe in a low priority game with Lucky.  I spent the whole game running up and killstealing everyone, just going "I needed that" every time.
Shoes...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2576 on: May 21, 2013, 02:15:17 am »

Huh, just thought about that...  According to the Dota 2 fluff, Axe supposedly comes from Red Mist...  'Red Mist' is a military term meaning a confirmed kill.

Also just recently had my first Lycan game where I felt I was actually doing something significant, and not struggling massively to do so.  The dude really just can't jungle...  This was my first go on laning with him, and, well...   By level 11 I was capable of doing over 200 damage per hit, and that's even without popping his ultimate.  With all three of my items (plus a salve I'd never used).

According to the wiki, when a killing blow with Culling Blade procs the damage type dealt is physical...  Anyone tested to see if being ethereal causes the ability to flub?

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: May 21, 2013, 02:48:48 am »

Didn't test it, but Culling Blade removes all buffs and debuffs from targe before chop-chop, so it works through Dazzle's immortality or Abbadon's ultimate. Therefore it should work np on ethereals.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2578 on: May 21, 2013, 09:42:37 am »

I wish I could be as good against players as I am against bots. 27/0 against medium bots with Weaver, most I've gotten against players with him is like, what, 6?
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2579 on: May 21, 2013, 10:47:36 am »

STEAM STOP GIVING ME DOTA KEYS!!!
T_T
+4 just today...
T_T
I ain't even giving these out, so why are they forcing more on me???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...
Pages: 1 ... 170 171 [172] 173 174 ... 246