Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239930 times)

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2550 on: May 15, 2013, 03:38:41 am »

Meh, I was wrong. It was the CurseEntertainment Invitational. Watched way too much DOTA 2 in the last couple of days.

I have no idea when it was played, or even if it was just them having a bit of down-time between TI qualifiers. In any case, give it a look. EG vs RoX.KIS for 20 mins of silly, professional, pub-stompy fun.

Linky.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otwDPVPSdqQ

The kills, the kills..........
Lol 15 kills in and I don't think I've seen a single last hit yet.  Gonna be a good game.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: May 15, 2013, 04:29:10 am »

It does let you finally understand the whole "Let's pick a carry team. Now, supports, throw down some wards. Ok, we're done. Let's go and gank."

Freakiest match ever. With just enough normal dota2 to make you think "Ok, just an early flurry. Back to last-hitting, levelling and items." Then even more hell breaks loose. Then a pause. Then it just doesn't stop.

I'm not even sure why gg was called. Why stop then? It was all going so well...........
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 04:40:34 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: May 15, 2013, 07:07:45 am »

On the subject of Naix bombs, a horrible combo is Naix+Slark. One squishy ganker, one non-squishy. Jump, kaboom, dead. It's only good in 2v1 or 2v2, but it's a horrible way to get ganked. Actually, it's pretty good in lots of ways, it's just not that good. But I do like seeing Slark get used a bit more, so this is just another way. Riki can work, but Slark is better (and more evil in general).

Another is the Chen creep bomb. It's surprising how often people ignore a lane creep that walks by all the others if you're stuck in base as Chen+Naix. It's not as though you've got anything else to use as Chen by that point, so hope they ignore it and kaboom! Naix anti-lose push-back. Or even just use it for a base/tower push if you don't start at your own base as Chen and have a spare creep slot. People really do ignore them a bit in the later game, and with +300hp they can survive a few hits as a guided Naix missile. Noob strat, but it works. Plus people can TP in on it as well. (unless that got patched out).
It's a game. Have fun.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: May 15, 2013, 07:14:18 am »

Kunkka + Bane on a lane, and there will be (first) blood. Their skills click far too well with one another. There is hardly a way to escape that kill without good CC to break the cycle.

All the KotL + CK/Sven/Other is a one trick pony compared to that.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: May 15, 2013, 11:26:04 am »

Good ol' SD+Kunkka works better. It's a bit trickier to pull off, but comes with a +50% damage bonus and disruptions has a bigger range than nightmare. Or, if you really want someone dead, SD/Bane+Lina. Now THAT hurts, even is you can't use the money as well as kunkka.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: May 15, 2013, 02:13:07 pm »

So I found out you can bet on professional Dota 2 games.  You pick a team and give items to a bot, and all the items bet by the losers are distributed to the winners based on your own bet.

The only problem is that the game doesn't distinguish different qualities of item within a rarity category, so naturally like 90% of the items being bet are worthless Omni/Axe/etc. junk from back when the store first started.
Shoes...

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: May 16, 2013, 12:02:23 am »

Why the hell does steam keep giving me DOTA 2 copies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have 25!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: May 16, 2013, 01:07:29 am »

Give them to the automatic Dota 2 bot.

Today we played 3 all random games. Feels good to be home. All three wins.

I got to play my favorite hero in the final match. Spirit Breaker. It was awesome. We had an all carry team vs an all int team here: http://dotabuff.com/matches/196361820. At first I went bot with Storm Spirit but since it was Skywrath Mage and Bane down there it was kinda pointless for me to even be there. So I did what all Spirit Breakers do.

LEVEL. ONE. CHARGE. ACROSS. THE. MAP.

Charged from bot lane. Straight through mid. Even stunned the enemy QoP in mid while charging through. All the way to the top and killed Silencer under his tower for the first blood. It is the best goddamn feeling. The game just completely snowballed from there. I didn't even bother laning at all. Just kept charging, tp-ing back to base, and charging again. Having a hero with such insane damage and tankiness at level 1 is just glorious, especially considering his mobility.

When the game ended we asked the enemy team why didn't they tell Silencer to run away since literally everyone saw me coming. They responded that not only could they not believe I was actually doing that, but Silencer thought he was close enough to the tower. It was an awesome match. Even got my Shadow Blade.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: May 16, 2013, 03:17:43 am »

I'll still stick by the Chen+Harpy Stormcaller as one of the most annoying openers in dota 2. It's about a 20% chance (if there's no harpies in the small camp, just do what Chen normally does). If there is a harpy, grab it, go to a lane, spam chain-lightning on the hero(es) 10 times. Any lane, but especially mid.

Bye-bye regen, bye-bye most/all of their life. Leave/lose the lane or die. Sure you'll share experience with a carry for a minute or so, but your opponent won't get squat. You'll feel like a god for all of two minutes, then you ditch the harpy on a neutral camp and do what you normally do (it doesn't last very long). It's almost like auto-winning a lane for a couple of minutes, sometimes even tri-lanes, often with first bloods coming your way. You'll remove a tango every 4 seconds from the enemy, then start harrassing them out of lane or killing them. Keep Chen safe though, they probably will dive the squishy SoB.

It doesn't seem like much, but that chain-lightning is a killer in the first couple of minutes. It's not the CC that other combos bring, it's not even assured (it's pretty unlikely actually), but if you see a harpy camp in your first jungle run-through, for god's sake grab it and win a lane for your team. It really is that good.
It's a game. Have fun.

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: May 16, 2013, 03:20:21 pm »

Poor QPad. They just keep losing.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: May 16, 2013, 04:29:20 pm »

Bahahaha...  Just had a co-op game of elite proportions.

I started the loading process of in my standard fashion, shouting things like "all hard carry!" and "all mid!".  ...then I saw one person pick Alchemist, and another randomed Anti-mage...  A third randomed Juggernaut.

Alchemist shows up in mid and concurs "all mid", and what follows is a hilarious quad-lane with Sniper (I just had to pick him), AM, Alc and Venomancer while Juggernaut tries to solo another lane.

First tower dropped by 4:10.  Hilarity ensued for the rest of the game, which finally ended in our victory at the half-hour mark.  And I heartily concur with the orchidsniper build, being able to spam his skills is awesome.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: May 16, 2013, 08:21:21 pm »

Changelog

GAMEPLAY
- Elder Titan: Fixed Ancestral Spirit giving vision to Elder Titan while dead.
- Elder Titan: Fixed Earth Splitter being placed slightly too far forward.
- Elder Titan: Fixed Natural Order not getting upgraded on the Ancestral Spirit if it was already in the air.
- Elder Titan: Fixed Natural Order sometimes not getting applied before Ancestral Spirit's damage.
- Ursa: Fixed Fury Swipes stack getting dispelled with Magic Immunity.

PERFORMANCE
- Added vsync support to windowed modes.
- Reduced memory fragmentation.

COMMUNITY
- There are now 6 broadcaster channels.
- Added map ping throttling for communication banned players.

INTERNATIONAL COMPENDIUM
- Now highlights Compendiums that are gifts from other players.
- Updated with new stretch goals.
- Prize pool now displays how much the Compendium owner has contributed.

DOTA ECONOMY
- Particles on unusual couriers work again.
- Strange items that count things other than kills work again.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: May 17, 2013, 01:43:28 am »

Check out this all spellcasters AR match: http://dotabuff.com/matches/197014203

Was like a wet dream for me.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: May 17, 2013, 01:58:15 am »

Slark can activate items during his leap, although the practical applications of this are somewhat limited as far as being really interesting...  Still, Shadow Blade can be activated mid-air, if that's something you want.

More interesting is the fact that Slark illusions benefit from how much agility he'd stolen prior to creating them.  They do not steal anything of their own, though (that would be truly terrifying).

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #2564 on: May 17, 2013, 02:07:07 am »

Meanwhile, Venomancer is sweeping the floor of any towers you may possess.

I randomed Lifestealer in a botmatch, though, and he's pretty cool. He has good speed, a means of staying in combat... it all works out nicely. I may need to use him in a pub.
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 246