Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239909 times)

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2535 on: May 14, 2013, 07:36:48 am »

I'm looking for the replays of DOTA2 *cough* elite *wheeze*

People without wards, couriers and boots.
5 hard-carries in one team.
Boots of Speed starting item and so on.

If you have any absolutely abysmal replays, please PM their ID to me.
Something like this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOmcaqEqyYo

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2536 on: May 14, 2013, 07:53:46 am »

Something like this?

Indeed, but it has someone commenting on it already, bummer.
I've started The Pubcast Drinking Game. For every ridiculously stupid play, i shorten my life with a gulp of alcohol. Despite my knowledge of DOTA2 being rather mediocre, and my last hitting lacking practice, i was absolutely wasted after doing the first video. Vocabulary and accent going from "That bloody foreigner" to "That dirty, unwashed, drunk piece of shit" during the vid.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2537 on: May 14, 2013, 01:23:49 pm »

One of my early games, three of my teammates dropped out after dying the first time (one of them before dying at all).

We then went on to almost win a 2v5.  Does that count?

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2538 on: May 14, 2013, 01:30:37 pm »

If it has people without items / with only boots / with no boots the entire game / using ults on creeps / no couriers / all of the above and more. Then it does  :o

If not, then You - kind sir - had a regular game of DOTA2 with scrubs who leave when they're butthurt.

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2539 on: May 14, 2013, 01:35:59 pm »

Its basically the match maker, if you just started you will be matched with the worst of the comunity, flamers, leavers, dendi wannabes, lol players, etc. Just keep playing and improving and the people you are matched with will also improve.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2540 on: May 14, 2013, 02:12:56 pm »

If it has people without items / with only boots / with no boots the entire game / using ults on creeps / no couriers / all of the above and more. Then it does  :o

If not, then You - kind sir - had a regular game of DOTA2 with scrubs who leave when they're butthurt.

It had Meepo.

Even so, the fact that we turned a 9-minute dropout into a 35-minute game against more than twice as many heroes should be at least some point of notice.

I can't remember if that's the game where we had three couriers or not though...  I think it was only two that time.

EDIT:  Just looked at the details, and yeah...  Enemy Ogre Magi had no boots.  But he did have force staff and two helms of iron will, so that should make up for it.  Anti-Mage rushed Crystalis.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #2541 on: May 14, 2013, 02:17:41 pm »

Even so, the fact that we turned a 9-minute dropout into a 35-minute game against more than twice as many heroes should be at least some point of notice.

Yes, yes. But i'm looking for BAD games, with BAD players. So let me compliment you, by saying that that game doesn't quality?

Edit : Send the ID, and i will have a look at it. It will be difficult to beat the first video, though.
It had 3 people starting with boots.
Jakiro with wards, never deploying them.
Dire with land courier for the entire game.
KotL denying Aegis.. to his own team!

And about 99% of abilities missed, wasted, not used.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2013, 02:20:24 pm by Stworca »

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2542 on: May 14, 2013, 09:25:34 pm »

Oh man, look at the new stretch goals
http://www.dota2.com/international/compendium

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2543 on: May 14, 2013, 10:14:59 pm »

TECHIES TECHIES TECHIES TECHIES TECHIES
Shoes...

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2544 on: May 15, 2013, 12:03:13 am »

TECHIES TECHIES TECHIES TECHIES TECHIES
+1
Nom nom nom

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2545 on: May 15, 2013, 12:37:43 am »

Man you really gotta love Valve!

See, now there really is no reason at all not to get the compendium! You can bet we're going to reach all those goals in 3 months!

Edit: I found this hilarious gem on Reddit. http://www.twitch.tv/iceiceice/b/402013524?t=32m15s

Iceiceice's face when he realizes he didn't get QoP. XD

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #2546 on: May 15, 2013, 01:51:23 am »

Actually watched a damn funny game yesterday on JoinDota's youtube for TI qualifiers. 20mins of both teams, relative professionals, trying to 5-man pub-stomp the hell out of each other.

Nope, it wasn't what I expected, it wasn't even well played Dota 2, but it was pretty damn entertaining at over 3 kills a minute.

I have been liking the broadening of the picks/meta that teams have been trying out as well. While there are a few teams that will do their tried-and-tested picks game-in-game-out, there's been a good mix of early/mid/late game team line-ups, with a few very effective suprises. Some old combos coming back and still rocking (wisp/tiny) and a few newer ones (a bunch of very nice Disruptor glimpses, not a combo, but still very cool). It was nice to see some variability on team styles, picks and play-styles, with all kinds of stuff going on because of it.  Some "dumb" picks IMHO, but considering what was working, maybe it just didn't work that particular game
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 02:41:30 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2547 on: May 15, 2013, 02:49:30 am »

Actually watched a damn funny game yesterday on JoinDota's youtube for TI qualifiers. 20mins of both teams, relative professionals, trying to 5-man pub-stomp the hell out of each other.

Nope, it wasn't what I expected, it wasn't even well played Dota 2, but it was pretty damn entertaining at over 3 kills a minute.

I have been liking the broadening of the picks/meta that teams have been trying out as well. While there are a few teams that will do their tried-and-tested picks game-in-game-out, there's been a good mix of early/mid/late game team line-ups, with a few very effective suprises. Some old combos coming back and still rocking (wisp/tiny) and a few newer ones (a bunch of very nice Disruptor glimpses, not a combo, but still very cool). It was nice to see some variability on team styles, picks and play-styles, with all kinds of stuff going on because of it.  Some "dumb" picks IMHO, but considering what was working, maybe it just didn't work that particular game

Do you happen to remember which match it was? It does sound entertaining.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #2548 on: May 15, 2013, 03:08:56 am »

Meh, I was wrong. It was the CurseEntertainment Invitational. Watched way too much DOTA 2 in the last couple of days.

I have no idea when it was played, or even if it was just them having a bit of down-time between TI qualifiers. In any case, give it a look. EG vs RoX.KIS for 20 mins of silly, professional, pub-stompy fun.

Linky.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otwDPVPSdqQ

The kills, the kills..........
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 03:13:10 am by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2549 on: May 15, 2013, 03:34:16 am »

Something like this?
I did not think I was going to watch all of that.

I was wrong.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 168 169 [170] 171 172 ... 246