Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239876 times)

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2430 on: May 06, 2013, 03:55:27 am »

So I was in a pub game and three of my team left for seemingly no reason ~8 minutes in. Venomancer and I (Weaver) fell back to defend the ancient from all five of the enemy team. We discovered that it is fully possible for two players to survive against all odds (and politely agree to quit ten minutes later).

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #2431 on: May 06, 2013, 04:55:23 am »

Venomancer is a DPS machine though. Whack a group of people with a Poison Nova and Venemous Gale and you're easily dealing 1600 damage, 2000 with Agh's. And the ridiculous levels of slow makes them easy shots for any wards...

EDIT: Grah, is anyone else randomly crashing midgame? I'm just playing as normal and then suddenly the game goes "Nope" and closes itself.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 06:19:43 am by ExKirby »
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: May 06, 2013, 01:57:00 pm »

So is Elder Titan any good?  He seems like a pretty good blinkless initiator, send your ghost in to echo stomp and then ult their stunned team, but I dunno.
Shoes...

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: May 06, 2013, 03:31:22 pm »

So is Elder Titan any good?  He seems like a pretty good blinkless initiator, send your ghost in to echo stomp and then ult their stunned team, but I dunno.
His stomp has a 1.5 second channel.

To give context that's 50% longer than Shadow Fiend's ult with half the AOE.

It's impossible to set up unless the target is CC'ed already and / or the enemy is blind.

The thing about him is that he's unbelievably useless unless he has a wombo combo kind of team. Like say.... Enigma or Magnus. This also means he's really freaking bad when your team sucks. Then he's pretty okay. I still think his stomp is useless as there's barely any damage and the CC is so unreliable. His other skills are okay.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: May 06, 2013, 03:55:28 pm »

Yup, he relies a lot on your team, kinda like naga. But that's exactly why he's going to get picked a lot in the competitive scene. And you don't need an initiation as big as mag's or enigma's. Warlock, earthshaker, dark seer or rubick are enough to provide that single second you need to win a teamfight.
I also don't get people who still think it's a good idea with two melees in one lane...  Particularly two melee carries.
One of my biggest pleasures in all pick is seeing that the enemy team has this and picking dark seer. 200 damage in for each cs you get, bro.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: May 06, 2013, 04:03:45 pm »

Yeah, it's a 1.5 second channel, but it's got a deceptively low cooldown and at max level it's a 5-second knockout for EVERYONE in its also surprisingly large AOE.  Yeah, it's about half of Fiend's ult (if even that), but think about it...  That's still a lot.

Even more so, that AOE and stun can have two separate start locations, since both the spirit and the titan himself do the same deal, thus covering a significantly larger area and potentially locking down escape routes.  Also, the spirit CANNOT be stunned, silenced, killed, or anything else done to it, meaning the channel can't be stopped unless they hit the real man himself.

He's more interesting for early ganks though, both because he can chase like a bastard by placing his spirit ahead of the enemy and then stomp their escape route, or even just getting the spirit to bump into them and a few creeps and give him a big speed and damage boost (I've built Mask of Madness a couple times on him just to capitalize on this).

His ult is a weird one though...  HUGE range with a sucking effect, but an eternally long charge-up time.  The fun bits, however, are that it deals percentage-based damage (meaning it scales), the pull and at least half the damage goes through magic immunity, his knockout provides ample time for you to pull off one or two (with refresher) blasts on the enemy team with little problem, and his aura (which is also spirit-borne, meaning you can just place it in the middle of the enemy team) kicks its damage up to new heights.

I think he's fun, really.  His aura is amazing, but it has such a tiny range it can be tricky to pull off to good effect...   But that does mean it can be skilled early without majorly pushing the lane.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: May 06, 2013, 05:49:26 pm »

The aura is melee range if you were wondering.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: May 06, 2013, 10:15:17 pm »

Well, actually, it's just over double melee range.  Melee default is 128 units, Natural Order is 275.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: May 06, 2013, 10:18:01 pm »

Yeah, so melee range if the enemy was running away from you.

This is what it means to be a good Tinker player: http://www.twitch.tv/liquidfluff/c/2228096

Edit: Valve has subtly increased the prize pool for the International from 1.6 million USD to an additional 25% of the in-game ticket sales. Well... I think it's the in-game ticket sales. I don't really know what this is other than an in-game ticket. A ticket? Interactive compendium?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: May 06, 2013, 10:59:17 pm »

You post a fluff I raise you a Merlini  :P
http://www.twitch.tv/merlinidota/c/1728482
and one of my soul crushing games of dota http://dotabuff.com/matches/174078394
« Last Edit: May 06, 2013, 11:02:43 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: May 06, 2013, 11:02:36 pm »

Huh... I wonder how much they'll charge for the Compendium? Also, will the courier be tied to a purchase, or will everyone get one?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: May 06, 2013, 11:05:46 pm »

Huh... I wonder how much they'll charge for the Compendium? Also, will the courier be tied to a purchase, or will everyone get one?
Sounds like it's tied to it.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: May 06, 2013, 11:11:07 pm »

Decided to play solo queue for once.  Since I usually play with people with more games than me, I'm shielded from some of the horrors of Very Low Level Queue, but not today.  Playing Outland Desegregator, laning with an autoattacking Brazilian CM who started with bottle.  He says aff and complains because I didn't max Q.

Good times were had.
Shoes...

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: May 07, 2013, 03:06:20 pm »

Well I was going to go to TI3 but the ticket are 200$ already so yeah  :'(
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Sir Finkus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: May 07, 2013, 08:56:42 pm »

Well I was going to go to TI3 but the ticket are 200$ already so yeah  :'(
I managed to snag 2, but it was more luck than anything.  I was f5ing the store page for an hour.  Scalpers should be shot.
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 246