Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239871 times)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2400 on: May 03, 2013, 09:39:24 am »

First time I have a really good game with dazzle.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/187218298
Bot lane with death prophet against sven and shadow demon. It turns out that taking loads of extra damage means nothing if you can't die. Shallow grave turned what would have been three equal trades into 2 for nothing in favor of us. After I got the medallion it all was downhill from there (NS and rylai blowing up top also helped)

By the end of the match I could get up to 50 armor on myself with weave. Weaver attacks hitted for about 30 damage each by that time. Oh, and DP ult by that time was tremendous.

EDIT: Having fun with roshan.
http://i.imgur.com/YTIN0Dr.jpg
« Last Edit: May 03, 2013, 12:54:49 pm by ranter »

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #2401 on: May 03, 2013, 04:16:53 pm »

Hello. I'm a noobish Venomancer, and I'm trying to work on my item build. Any suggestions?
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: May 03, 2013, 06:07:34 pm »

- Aghanim is your core. It allows you to use your ult in every teamfight and turns it from "Ouch, this hurts" into "THE PAAAAAAAAAAAAAIN THE PAAAAAAAAAAAAIN". Remember that people cannot die from it, though.
-Wards too. Pretty please.
After that, every single item you can buy is up to you. Some notable options are listed below, but if you think you need a heart of tarrasque, there's no problem in going and buying it.

- I like not upgrading my boots until a bit later in the game, and then getting travels, but going tranquils, arcane or even treads is legit.
-You'll probably won't be allowed to just waltz into the enemy team and nova them, so something like blink dagger or shadow blade can help you drop it. I'd go with blink, but both are legit.
-If you are getting rightclicked hard, buy a ghost scepter
-If you need raw hp, get a mek. Just remember to activate it.
-If you want more damage early game, get a medallion. Your carry will love you.
-Hex, orchid and halberd if you want disables
-If you don't know what to build, get drums or a force staff
-If you want loads of single target damage late game and pushign power, get necronomicon
-If you want for your ult to be even more damaging, get a veil.
-If you have extra money and want more survivability, get shiva's
-Get vlads late game if you have a melee carry and he hasn't gotten it yet. He'll love you.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: May 03, 2013, 06:41:45 pm »

Just whatever you do, don't listen to the Valve default item build.  As in the case of Elder Titan.  I mean, seriously, what?

But yeah, Venomancer is support, and makes a potentially awesome support at that.  So, be supporty.  Poison nova kinda loses its punch later on, but if you've managed to get yourself fed then by all means go for Blink - Aghanim.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: May 03, 2013, 07:14:51 pm »

Ouch. I had a game against titan, warlock, sniper, dk and lion as rubick. One might think that it'd be one of the best times of my life, but for the first time as Rubick I've had to play against a team that coordinates and knows its priorities. Every single teamfight was freaking hell. Warlock wouldn't drop the rock without making sure that I was in. Then every single stun in the game would be aimed at me in sucesion until I died. My team would drop dead shortly after that. If we were sieging a tower, sniper would spend mana on dropping some assasinates on me. The best moment was when I got 5-man ganked and sniper, titan and lion blew up their ults only to see who would get me dead first.

God that game was painful. Still fun though.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: May 03, 2013, 08:21:32 pm »

Third game as Titan, just another bot game...  And the bots really don't know yet that they should avoid Titan's abilities.

Even so, a 25 1 15 KDA isn't too bad, when for half the game you're the only one on your team with a positive KDA.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: May 04, 2013, 02:49:45 am »

Just to mention HP removal does not wake people from TC stomp so Necro can have fun with his Heartstopper Aura.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: May 04, 2013, 10:21:17 am »

As can Warlock, who is also capable of turning Titan's ult into far more of a bad day for the enemy team than it otherwise would be.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: May 04, 2013, 01:57:34 pm »

I decided I'm going to play Tinker until I know him perfectly. 
Shoes...

ExKirby

• Bay Watcher
  • A Jump On The Daily Comic Bandwagon.
    • View Profile
    • ExKirby's Generic Randomness
« Reply #2409 on: May 04, 2013, 04:10:09 pm »

I remembered today why I hate pub Drow and Sniper. I had a Sniper in mid side and they had a Drow in bot. Both forgot how squishy they were-Sniper went down with frequency early game, and Drow ate delicious Venom, then silenced me while I was leaving her to die. I won, and the pair of them ended up bottom of their teams.

Also Venomancer tanks towers like a boss.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 04:12:07 pm by ExKirby »
Derm would be a Half-Minute Hero boss. YOU HAVE 30 SECONDS TO FUCK HIM UP OR HE DOES IT TO THE ENTIRE WORLD!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2410 on: May 04, 2013, 06:13:52 pm »

Today was the first time in probably a year where I actually got angry in a Dota game.

Chaosdwarf kindly asked me whether I wanted to play with him and some of his friends in a pub match, so I said "sure". I go into the match and check the games played of the other guys just to see the skill level. All have a few hundred games under their belt, so I figure it should be reasonably skilled.

Jesus christ.

Centaur comes into my lane, where I'm Alchemist, and starts autoattacking and tanking the creepwave. I can't goddamn believe my eyes. How can someone with 600 games played still autoattack creepwaves!? Thankfully he stops for awhile... so he can towerdive a goddamn Huskar and give away first blood. The top lane starts dying too. Mid lane Invoker is doing a Quas Wex build for some reason and can't counterpush Shadow Fiend. They blame the so-called smurfing Shadow Fiend for being too pro for them since he only has 22 wins but all I heard was "even though we all have 300 wins each, we will blame smurfs". Why on earth would people with hundreds of wins blame smurfs?! It seriously blows my mind. After this display I start adjusting my Alchemist build to be more midgame friendly because I predicted that the team would not be able to hold midgame without me and I won't be able to solo farm. So I decide to get Shadow Blade and BKB for a more early, gank kind of build.

The game keeps getting worse and worse. Everyone dying nonstop. Elder Titan goes 0 6 and Centaur is close behind, forever suiciding themselves by running off chasing obvious bait and dying. At this point I'm still cool. I've been in horrible games before. I help where I can, join a few fights and those were the only fights we won. I grab a few kills and at this point I'm the best on the team with 3 2 6 or so. The only one with a positive score.

Enemies are all on average 4 levels higher than everyone on my team. I only barely manage to keep up myself by sneaking in farm in the jungle and some lanes. So my whole team is about level 10. I'm 14. And their whole team is 14 with their Shadow Fiend at level 19. Sure enough, my team is still constantly running into them for some reason and picking fights they cannot possibly win. I'm still okay at this point.

Then the Elder Titan, who still was 0 6, decides to lecture me on my item build. Telling me to get more attack speed. That set me off so freaking bad I got so pissed. It's one of those douchebags who fails terribly at a game and dares to lecture the best player on how to play. So freaking terrible that he doesn't realize that the build was designed to help mitigate his fuck ups. So awful and shit at the game that he doesn't realize that it's his fucking fault I couldn't afford to go for a carry build in the first place! It's worse than a child telling off the parent for not making enough money. FUCK. HIM.

I forgot just how pissed I can get at games. That one game reminded me. I apologized to Chaosdwarf later for losing my cool but goddamn. I don't think I'm ever playing with another bunch of random premades I don't know again.

Tl;dr: I got mad at Dota for the first time in ages. Had to actually apologize to Chaosdwarf afterwards.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: May 04, 2013, 07:39:02 pm »

I know that feel
Welcome to the angry at dota level just wait tell missing last hits make you mad that because I get bad fps but w/e  :P

Edit: huh I'm not a fan of that TC build.

Edit 2:I recommend the IXDL-O  http://ixdl.net/index.php/topic/1959-frequently-asked-questions/page__pid__7082#entry7082
« Last Edit: May 04, 2013, 07:53:32 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: May 04, 2013, 08:06:06 pm »

The worst part is that I know those guys are the type of players who will never learn and will be forever stuck at scrub level.

I still don't get what kind of 300+ win player blames smurfs. Seriously. Just how bad must you be to be thrown into a pool where smurfs are still a problem for you after 300+ wins. I had even forgotten that word even existed until that game.

Just glad I'll never have to play with them again.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: May 04, 2013, 09:15:22 pm »

Lucky got disconnected from some games and put into low priority. 

Good times.  Had a game where 3 enemies disconnected.  Had a game where one of the best players wrote stuff like "sup nigs" on the minimap.  At least one person who rage-pings every game.

afff
affff
omg no help team
afffff
Shoes...

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: May 04, 2013, 09:25:16 pm »

The worst part is that most of these people don't understand why they're stuck in low priority, and will never try to change their ways.  :-\
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 246