Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239846 times)

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #2295 on: April 18, 2013, 06:49:12 pm »

Wait... does Soul Ring's active work on the bear? I knew flat mana did from Energy Booster, but Soul Ring's a whole different story since it solves the regen issue too.  :o

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: April 18, 2013, 06:56:24 pm »

Yup it does. It's cheaper than energy booster too but requires more micro.

You can get it for Dagon shenanigans too. I remember watching a QPAD in-house with SingSing and Wagamama where there was a Dagon 5 bear running around. Remember that the bear can still use items even when out of range of LD. :P So it would just chase people down zapping them every few seconds until they died. No escape. It was hilarious.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: April 18, 2013, 08:04:20 pm »

Well, if you're gonna use an item on the bear anyways, the extra button press shouldn't be that big of a deal.  Also, that has the added benefit of leaving the bear without a standing mana pool, meaning mana break abilities won't do anything until he's good and ready.

Does anybody build Force Staff on Spectre?  As an escape, of course, but also to help split up groups so Desolate can take effect?

Frelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: April 19, 2013, 07:37:58 am »

I don't think so, I think they would rather leave it to a support/mid.
Also: A tinker defending the ancient+towers from the fountain just by spamming Rockets/Rearm while his team fights can do some mean damage.
It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt. Then it's Fun and Dwarf Fortress.
My trade depot is set to flood with water at the pull of a lever.  It's deep in the tunnels with easy drainage.  I call it my "water for goods" trading policy.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: April 19, 2013, 11:08:42 am »

Ever since I learned how insanely strong Spirit Breaker is between level 1 - 5 I've been loving him so much. In the past I would farm up with him until around level 6 before breaking spirits. Now I'm so confident I can break spirits at level 1. I mean, come on! this guy has 700hp and 5 armour at level 1! He also does 70 damage at level 1! Even Doombringer only has 644hp at level 1 and he has 0.5 armour.

I just saunter into lane. Then right click the enemies till they die. Ignore creeps, acquire kills. Repeat until level 6, then break all the spirits!

Also invisible charging with Shadow Blade is the best.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: April 19, 2013, 12:31:14 pm »

back to the whole armlet thing Merlini has some info in one of his Mailbag https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxW0fdUPuUQ
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: April 19, 2013, 12:53:48 pm »

Is it just me, or have the update just killed dota?

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: April 19, 2013, 12:58:33 pm »

Just popped in on a couple LD semipub matches yesterday, and in both cases I saw Maelstrom but no Armlet.  Again though, as he says, they're just different builds.  I've been trying out my own weird designs to see how quickly I can get a Skadi up on LD, just because it's fun and silly.  Sillybear...

Is it just me, or have the update just killed dota?

Dota was dead before it even started; courtesy of a hamfisted and unbalanced design, and one of the most notoriously unpleasant gaming communities around.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: April 19, 2013, 01:05:51 pm »

I mean, the new update made it so that you cannot play dota at all.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: April 19, 2013, 01:12:42 pm »

I noticed that just after I posted.  Yeah, it was borked for me too, but now it started up just fine.

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: April 19, 2013, 01:22:16 pm »

But does playing actually work? I can start up just fine, but the matchmaking is broken all to hell.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #2306 on: April 19, 2013, 01:25:32 pm »

Bot match worked with me.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: April 19, 2013, 01:59:23 pm »

Yup, just had my first bot match with Skywrath.  It went something like this:

*Die* *Die* *Die* *Die*

HOLY SHIT THE SKY IS FALLING, BAM BAM BAM BAM DOMINATING!

...*Die*

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: April 19, 2013, 02:06:05 pm »

Get a bloodstone as Skywrath. If you get enough charges, you'll be able to use the level 3 ulti and have enough mana (800) to cast it again by the time it finishes cooling down (20 seconds).
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: April 19, 2013, 04:27:17 pm »

Between his ult and his 2-second cooldown nuke, yeah, Bloodstone is pretty much a guaranteed pick-up. I'm thinking he might need Force Staff first, though, for a pseudo-escape tool... maybe a casual Vitality Booster into Force Staff, then finish Bloodstone?
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 246