Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239708 times)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1890 on: February 13, 2013, 01:11:22 pm »

Or farm ancients. In pubs people never try to find you.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: February 13, 2013, 01:18:14 pm »

Just out of curiosity... wouldn't a BKB have solved that problem? I guess Medusa isn't high-DPS, so killing everybody in 5 seconds might've been tough, but isn't a bunch of BKBs a nice hard counter to massed, non-ulti disables?
It would have for sure. In hindsight (2020 captain hindsight) I really should I have gotten a BKB instead of a Manta after my Linken's, but I was afraid that since I was the only person on the team who could actually do damage... it would hurt us more as BKB means Medusa will do no damage at all. But really... doing a little damage is better than being stunned forever.

My teammates couldn't possibly afford a BKB. Some of them were stacking bracers because of how bad we were getting crushed. Again, I wouldn't blame them, the enemy team was just so horrifying. Not to mention this was a pub game and we weren't really playing super serious. I bet most of my teammates realized they should have tried to get BKB after the game ended.

Note that I'm not flaming how unfair all random is though. I love all random. It's all I play. I just thought it was not only funny, but quite interesting as the enemy team was extremely viable and they worked so well together even though they were random pubbies. So I'm praising the enemy more than anything.

If you want to see the replay for yourself and my absolutely hilarious first and second blood, here it is: http://dotabuff.com/matches/124055354

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: February 13, 2013, 07:15:44 pm »

New patch
- Added Tusk!

GAMEPLAY
- Lina: Fixed Dragon Slave hitting units behind you.
- Mirana: Fixed some backswing behaviors with her spells
- Templar Assassin: Fixed Meld not removing collision.
- Troll Warlord: Fixed a case where ranged Troll Warlord can bash when attacking while transforming.
- Troll Warlord: Added a "fast" attack animation that will only trigger when his attack speed is above 210
- Fixed Orchid disabling Dagger at the end of its duration even if it was doing no damage.
- Fixed a recent bug with Poor Man's Shield that could infrequently cause it to not block hero damage
- Fixed some wave speed issues with Crypt Swarm, Dual Breath, Breathe Fire, Dragon Slave, Illuminate, Sonic Wave and Shockwave.
- Enabled Silencer in Tournament lobbies.
- Team Matchmaking now uses the Tournament lobby rules.
- Two-player Mid Only games now automatically spawn a courier.
- Enabled Medusa in Captain's Mode for Latest Version (will be enabled in Tournament Version the following week).

UI
- Updated look of the combat log and added language localization.
- Fixed bug where players who'd set themselves as Offline in Steam would still report their Rich Presence status.
- Players no longer display what hero they're playing in their Rich Presnce if they're in a private no-spectating game.
- Added a "Add Self to Roster" button that shows up for Team Admins that aren't part of their Team's Roster.
- The Game End panel now shows team names for games with teams.

VISUALS
- If Keeper of the Light dies with Recall active, the visual effect is now removed.

BOTS
- Fixed bots not considering Phantom Lancer a hard carry.
- Fixed VS bot not having a large enough item build list.
- Bots will no longer dust Doppelwalk because it's sneaky.
- Bots will no longer buy invisibility detection for an enemy's item until they see that item in an enemy's inventory.
- Made Zeus bot slightly more likely to use Wrath of the Thunder god.
- When a player connects, we now only disable/make invulnerable heroes on the opposing teams (not units with bots like the Warlock Golem).
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: February 13, 2013, 07:51:02 pm »

They're really pushing these heroes out, aren't they? Or is that just me?
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: February 13, 2013, 11:20:15 pm »

They're really pushing these heroes out, aren't they? Or is that just me?
They're really "only" porting heroes over from the regular DotA, so the work involved is mostly voice work and art. The design and such has all been set in stone long ago.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: February 13, 2013, 11:50:57 pm »

Well I know that, but it just seems like that they're releasing them more often than usual. Probably wrong though.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

moocowmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: February 14, 2013, 02:47:52 am »

Seems like a pretty decent pace. I'm sure many developers would have rushed them all out and been out of beta already. I like that Valve takes the time to get it right, and do things in increments.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: February 14, 2013, 03:02:19 am »

Tuskarr has 83 different lines for one punch... soo... they're definitely taking their time. :P

Here's all 83 for your listening pleasure:
http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Tusk_responses#Casting_Walrus_Punch

Marchosias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: February 14, 2013, 04:10:38 am »

I got to ask, what kind of button setup do you guys use?
I unfortunetly have rather slow hand speed most of the time, and have set myself up with 'd,w,a,r,f,s' as spell buttons while having 'q' as stop and 'e' as attack move with 'v,c,x,z' as item buttons, and use the mouse to move the camera.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1899 on: February 14, 2013, 04:18:25 am »

QWERDF for spells, A for deny, S for stop, mouse for moves, ZXSPACE123 for items. If I had a 5 button mouse I'd likely use some of the buttons on it for items, but I don't. Maybe not the best setup in the world, but it's what I'm used to.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: February 14, 2013, 07:23:08 am »

I'm using the default setup. What I've found is that muscle memory is incredibly important in allowing one to reflexively cast spells and fight.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: February 14, 2013, 12:25:34 pm »

I have very similar setup to Simmura's. QWERDF spells, ZV1234space items and A attack and S hold position. F1 hero F2 other units F3 courier and some more complex keys like C - take all items+come to me+use speed (courier) or F4 - go to secretshop+speed (courier).

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: February 14, 2013, 12:39:41 pm »

I have the regular ones, QWERDF, A attack, s stop, only changed items and units. Items in the numbers 1-6. Courier on F2 units on F3.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: February 14, 2013, 01:17:03 pm »

z for select hero
x for select all other units
c for select courier
v for scoreboard
tab for shift between units
1 2 3 for item slots 1 2 3
Mouse 4 for item slot 4
Mouse 5 for item slot 5
Space for item slot 6
` for level up
b for chat wheel
4 5 6 for unit groups

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: February 14, 2013, 01:31:49 pm »

qwerdf for abilities, mouse 4 and 5, rf and space for items. 1-9 for control groups, a for attack commands and s for stop. Pretty common. Though it fails me the day I have 6 active items on me.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 246