Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239714 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1875 on: February 10, 2013, 04:14:04 pm »

Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: February 10, 2013, 04:22:19 pm »

The all glorius and omnipotent mute button.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: February 10, 2013, 07:50:29 pm »

The one thing that has turned my MOBA (ARTS?) experience around was learning how to have fun with the try hards who blame you for losing. Call it trollish of me, but I just love getting them so angry at me. I'm not going to let them tick me off, I don't deserve my game being ruined because they decided to be a dick. It can turn a really shitty game where I'm having a horrible time with a dick teammate to a fun, enjoyable, entertaining experience.

Is it making it worse for them? Sure. Is it a dick move? Kinda. Do I care? Not really. If a game matters enough to you that you have to make another person feel like shit when you're losing, then maybe you deserve to be trolled back.

Xombie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: February 11, 2013, 05:53:20 am »

Anyone still doesn't have this crap? I have few invites.

SP2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: February 11, 2013, 06:22:30 am »

I also have 18 DotA 2 copies, so if anyone wants one just PM me.

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: February 11, 2013, 07:13:16 am »

The one thing that has turned my MOBA (ARTS?) experience around was learning how to have fun with the try hards who blame you for losing. Call it trollish of me, but I just love getting them so angry at me. I'm not going to let them tick me off, I don't deserve my game being ruined because they decided to be a dick. It can turn a really shitty game where I'm having a horrible time with a dick teammate to a fun, enjoyable, entertaining experience.

Is it making it worse for them? Sure. Is it a dick move? Kinda. Do I care? Not really. If a game matters enough to you that you have to make another person feel like shit when you're losing, then maybe you deserve to be trolled back.

Learn some russian words and phrases, nothing works better than that.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: February 11, 2013, 10:48:08 am »

This is fascinating. Please don't read anything about the game until like 10 games in. It's interesting to see how many of the weird, unintuitive things can be learned from just playing.
Game #3 delayed due to illness and hopping back into TERA for a spell.  Maybe I'll squeeze one in tonight.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: February 12, 2013, 12:37:25 am »

Hrm... I'm starting to think that Dota 2's random system uses a seed assigned to each player rather than an actual random algorithm.

I say this because I joke with my friends that if I random, there's a 50% chance I'll get either Rubick or Chaos Knight. But it's true, looking at my match history out of 8 all random games I've gotten Rubick 4 times. This doesn't account for all my bot games, where I also get those two a lot.

Guess that's who I am in Dota 2's eyes. The Rubick / CK player. Not that I mind, since they're both really really strong and really really powerful heh.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: February 12, 2013, 07:58:33 am »

First time with troll and I have one of the biggest steamrolls I've had in ages.
http://dotabuff.com/matches/123469308

The rapier on alch was mine, though I lost it in the last 15 secs trying to fountain dive bane. He didn't give it any use though.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: February 12, 2013, 06:16:43 pm »

on the mention a rapier it old  http://dotabuff.com/matches/33216871#comment-12680 but the best bood ever maybe?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: February 12, 2013, 06:23:26 pm »

That's a weird Brood build. Probably the only item there that I would recommend Brood getting is the Soul Ring.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: February 13, 2013, 12:36:26 am »

Oh my god... I think I ran into the most annoying team I've seen in all random yet. The enemy got so lucky they had a team of...

Centaur, Nyx, Leshrac, Tiny and Death Prophet.

Not only did they have 6 very long duration stuns... but they had so much pushing power it was crazy. I was Medusa and even though I got pretty farmed I would spend at least 8 seconds of a teamfight stunned while the enemy obliterated my team. It's like they would go, "oh, we're not finished killing the rest of them. Someone refresh the stun on Medusa".

And both lanes other than mid were double super stun lanes. My top lane did really well since I managed to somehow get first and second blood with Medusa, so they couldn't do anything after that. But bot lane fought against Tiny and Centaur. Let me explain what happens in that lane.

1. Tiny tosses Centaur like a hand grenade into my teammates.
2. Centaur stuns.
3. Tiny walks up and avalanches.
4. Everyone dies.

Damn you all random!!!!!

On another note I managed to exceed 56% win rate. Yey milestones!

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: February 13, 2013, 01:33:58 am »

And people, this is why plenty of stuns can break a team's back. If you ever find yourself going "now what hero should I choose in all pick", think about a stunner.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: February 13, 2013, 10:54:14 am »

Just out of curiosity... wouldn't a BKB have solved that problem? I guess Medusa isn't high-DPS, so killing everybody in 5 seconds might've been tough, but isn't a bunch of BKBs a nice hard counter to massed, non-ulti disables?

omg_scout

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: February 13, 2013, 11:56:54 am »

This was pretty good advice.
I have a better advice. Find a buddy, play strong lane on Skype/Teamspeak/Mumble/whatever. Oh. And mute everyone else.  :P
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 246