Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239704 times)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1860 on: February 08, 2013, 05:28:28 pm »

Yeah, I've run a 5 man necro rush with aura stacking. We stood on the cliff outside Roshan and let Lycan's necro units take Rosh about as fast as he could've.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: February 08, 2013, 05:46:46 pm »

Let's be honest, beastmaster or troll AS buffs with the necro archer as aura is ridiculous. Add a bash there for full lulz.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1862 on: February 08, 2013, 06:35:07 pm »

Lycan, Beastmaster and Venge auras. So OP. Almost wish we'd had a Luna too.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: February 08, 2013, 07:04:50 pm »

I still remember how brutal was stacking venge and sb breaker auras before 6.75. 200 damage at level 7. And people say drow is op.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: February 08, 2013, 07:26:20 pm »

I saw this question on Reddit and though maybe you guys would like to take a crack at it to:

Noob Question: When should you choose Phase Boots over Power Treads?

I will admit I buy Phase way more than Treads. I don't really like Treads all that much, I find its utility isn't as comparable to the other boots most of the time. In fact, for me this question would be "why should you choose Treads over Phase?"

Then the answer would be if I'm a super carry, who doesn't really need the regen of Tranquils because I'm owning so hard... nor needs the mobility of Phase because I have a blink or some other mobility skill. That would probably be when I buy Power Treads.

I really like the movespeed burst on Phase. I have lost count how many freaking times I've gotten away with it at 1hp in situations where I really should have died. Or the number of times where I could chase someone through creeps or Shadow Shaman wards. It's really, really good. It's a mini haste that will let you win many footraces and get you kills. I think that's more important than a 30% attack speed boost and 8 stats of your choice. The 24 damage is also really significant.

Also, I like Phase on super slow heroes that need amazing mobility in fights in order to stay alive and maximize damage. This means Zeus, Crystal Maiden, Windrunner, Rubick, etc. People like to buy Arcanes on Zeus which I don't think makes much sense. Arcanes only gives him enough mana to use like... 2 spells and it makes his movespeed terrible. Whereas with Phase, you can zip in and out of fights and hit a bit harder while making sure the enemy can't catch you... which I think is very important as Zeus needs to survive until he gets big mana regen items. Arcanes doesn't cut it.

In short, I buy Phase over Treads when I think damage + mini haste is more important... which is almost all the time.

What do you guys think?

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: February 08, 2013, 07:38:52 pm »

I'm not going to make an argument for phase over treads as you've got it pretty much covered, but my argument for treads over phase:

You really need that extra bit of health,
You're a carry with decent damage but slow attack speed,
You have a *free* on - hit orb effect (i.e. anti - mage), which prioritises attack speed,
Mana's tight, but you're a carry so you want DPS (tread switch into INT for casting rather than buy arcanes.)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: February 08, 2013, 07:40:51 pm »

Unless you are a guy who absolutely needs the extra MS, like sniper, if you are a carry, get treads. 30 AS stacks multiplicatively. 24 damage (16 if treads are on your primary stat) adds instead. That means that mid-late game you are going to get a lot more mileage out of those trads than from phase. Also, it's a cheap way to get 8 extra str (Something most agi carries lack) without spending another item slot, and that survivability can save as amny lives as phase burst speed can.

Oh, and that awesome tread switching that allows you to cast that hellfire blast you need to finish your enemy is great too. If you remember to use it

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: February 08, 2013, 08:02:47 pm »

Tread switching is really critical to making Treads be cost effective I found. Without it it's really meh.

It's funny because a few weeks ago I didn't bother to do it, but these days if I ever have Treads I kinda switch nonstop without even thinking. Switching when using regen items helps a great deal too.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: February 08, 2013, 08:48:39 pm »

Are there tonnes of DOTA 2 keys flying around at the moment?  I just got handed one after a friend received 23 from nowhere.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: February 08, 2013, 09:04:28 pm »

There kinda' is. At this point, I wouldn't be terribly surprised if the combined weight of the beta keys could bring in some of the smaller countries in the world. Maybe even some of the not-so-small ones.

But yeah, I've still got nine or so laying around. Other people have, like, more.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Marchosias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: February 09, 2013, 01:21:27 am »

i got like 18 i have no clue what to do with them, they are not really worth anything and noone seems to want them if they dont already have them

Thexor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: February 09, 2013, 01:46:24 am »

According to the Steam Market, each DotA key is worth ~$0.02. I assume, with Valve's transaction fee, the sellers get $0.01 out of them.

So, yeah. If you want a key, PM someone in the thread, and we'll probably be willing to absorb the 1 cent loss of giving you a free copy.  ;)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: February 09, 2013, 12:06:58 pm »

I finally understood why drow is so freaking powerful right now. She hits like a truck and has a powerful slow, which isn't that hard to overcome though. The problem is that 6 seconds silence. Get a shadow blade and you are a ganking machine against everything but the most powerful rightclickers.

The enemy team was dazzle, qop, razor, lina  and kotl. At least three of them were silenced for 6 secs in every teamfight. That's silencer ult level of bullshit we are talking about.

Kalemyr Skyfire

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace of Trades
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: February 10, 2013, 04:04:46 pm »

How do you guys deal with ragers?

I played with an invoker who kept calling me noob because I picked Meepo. He kept ranting about how I suck, while he let Pudge get free farm. Then when Pudge left lane to gank, he didn't call miss. When Pudge ganked my lane, and killed me; he went "OMG NOOB REPORT PLZ!" Me? I just kept a cheery attitude despite everything.

It's people like this that makes me want to quit. So how do you guys deal with this?
Quote from: Confucius
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.

Quote from: Isaac Asimov
People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: February 10, 2013, 04:13:39 pm »

Trolling.

Tell him to keep going with the advice, so that one fay you'll be MLG like him. Let your imagination run free.The more mad he gets the happier you'll be with having to play with such a douchebag
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 246