Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239645 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1740 on: January 26, 2013, 11:32:46 pm »

So... like, has anyone ran the numbers on the win ratio of the no-leg strat? How often does the team with less legs achieve victory? Is there a breakpoint in which leg number makes a notable difference?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1741 on: January 26, 2013, 11:44:23 pm »

Highest damage at level 25:
4. Pugna (Wat?)
You remember the part where Pugna has like 3.0 int gain, right?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1742 on: January 27, 2013, 12:45:12 am »

4. Pugna (Wat?)
You remember the part where Pugna has like 3.0 int gain, right?
Yeah, when I was writing that I thought the average damage stat included attack speed but it's just the average damage.

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: January 27, 2013, 12:51:18 am »

1. Treant Protector (Wtf?)
25 + 3.3 Str per level. No big surprise really..

Special mention: Anti-mage has 1.9 legs.
ahahahahahahahahaah oh dear.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: January 27, 2013, 11:30:29 am »

Just a tip. If you are playing pink vs blue and the enemy is clinkz, don't take down raxes until you have a really big advantage.

God, the ult on megas almost made us lose th game and stalled it for half an hour (We were sniper, btw)

EDIT: How do you win a game where your team got 4 carries random?

Let the enemies carries be leoric and enchantress and you carries pl, magina, spectre and od. And a lion to boot. Try to ball out of control now, bastard.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 12:57:33 pm by ranter »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: January 27, 2013, 06:40:04 pm »

FIRST GAME OF ALL RANDOM

MEEPO

REPICK

PUDGE

I dislike Pudge. :( We eventually won and I went 8 / 8. Necrolyte carried us with 20 to 4 (wtf?!?) Bloodseeker had something like 17 to 3 and our PL only had 4 to 2.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: January 27, 2013, 06:48:22 pm »

Necro is a carry. For some reason everyone thinks he's a support (probably because he has a heal) but he has the same kind of role in a teamfight as Death Prophet or Warlock.

As in he really, really likes extended teamfights. And so long as he nails even one kill in a fight, he can't be killed himself because of the incredible regen. I'm sure you've seen it. Fight ending. Your whole team is dead. Only Necro left alive. A few heroes at 1/2 hp going in for the, what they think to be, sure kill on Necro. Except Necro keeps walking around in circles, spamming his nuke (which he can use without stopping; a key part of this) and juking them until they suddenly realize.

"Uhh... we're gonna die..."

Then they can't escape.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: January 27, 2013, 07:32:01 pm »

So much for Dota for me I get like 5-15 fps at all times with everything all the way down I can't even play anymore. :'(
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: January 27, 2013, 07:45:09 pm »

So much for Dota for me I get like 5-15 fps at all times with everything all the way down I can't even play anymore. :'(

Yeah I had this problem earlier. :(

Necro is a carry. For some reason everyone thinks he's a support (probably because he has a heal) but he has the same kind of role in a teamfight as Death Prophet or Warlock.

As in he really, really likes extended teamfights. And so long as he nails even one kill in a fight, he can't be killed himself because of the incredible regen. I'm sure you've seen it. Fight ending. Your whole team is dead. Only Necro left alive. A few heroes at 1/2 hp going in for the, what they think to be, sure kill on Necro. Except Necro keeps walking around in circles, spamming his nuke (which he can use without stopping; a key part of this) and juking them until they suddenly realize.

"Uhh... we're gonna die..."

Then they can't escape.

His DPS isn't fantastic, but yes, when he kills he gets insane regen. Also Heartstopper aura. And his ulti is pretty good at level 3 (as it does damage based on missing HP, it kind of scales). And like you said, the Death Pulse.

HS Aura is actually pretty good during the chase, along with the fact that Death Pulse is an instant cast. His natural HP pool also helps in this regard.

I was surprised the Bloodseeker did so well, to be honest. It seemed the enemy didn't know about the TP trick.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: January 28, 2013, 07:14:30 pm »

His DPS isn't fantastic, but yes, when he kills he gets insane regen. Also Heartstopper aura. And his ulti is pretty good at level 3 (as it does damage based on missing HP, it kind of scales). And like you said, the Death Pulse.

HS Aura is actually pretty good during the chase, along with the fact that Death Pulse is an instant cast. His natural HP pool also helps in this regard.

I was surprised the Bloodseeker did so well, to be honest. It seemed the enemy didn't know about the TP trick.

Ah yes, the infamous TP trick. I hate playing Bloodseeker because his success relies solely on the enemy not knowing how your ult works, or using inefficient items like Force Staff. I feel like Bloodseeker is a bad pick, sure he's a bit easy to play because of his creep regen, but I find him to be a one-trick pony whose trick never works if your enemy isn't an idiot. I just never feel like there's a situation when playing him where I feel like I'm properly rewarded for using my abilities.

But then, I probably just suck, lol.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: January 28, 2013, 07:35:56 pm »

Ah yes, the infamous TP trick. I hate playing Bloodseeker because his success relies solely on the enemy not knowing how your ult works, or using inefficient items like Force Staff. I feel like Bloodseeker is a bad pick, sure he's a bit easy to play because of his creep regen, but I find him to be a one-trick pony whose trick never works if your enemy isn't an idiot. I just never feel like there's a situation when playing him where I feel like I'm properly rewarded for using my abilities.

But then, I probably just suck, lol.
No your right he pretty much the worst hero in the game.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: January 28, 2013, 08:25:59 pm »

Yeah, he's pretty derpy right now.

If you random him though, there are things you can do to make your life a lot easier. For instance, you don't really want to gank people 1v1 when you are just starting to gank. This is where Bloodseeker differs from people like Nightstalker. Ideally, what you want to do is just appear in lanes where you have allies to assist, because then they really can't escape.

And I personally found that he really, REALLY needs these early ganks too. Because what happens is that if you don't get a good level advantage at about 15 minutes in, then you simply cannot kill anyone fast enough before they get away.

Another thing that I found useful is that Bloodseeker isn't really a carry and shouldn't be farming too much. He should spend oodles of time ganking and being incredibly annoying. Because of this, I only ever keep his heal at level 1, while I max his speed increase second. I do this simply because I find the ability to zoom in on targets half the map away and have a permanent movement speed buff to be more useful than the heal. After all, my whole intention is to appear when the enemy has no chance to win. I don't really want to get into fights where the enemy thinks he can beat me. Gotta go fast!

So basically what I do is go mid, farm a bit till 6. Check lanes. Gank nonstop. Apply bloodrage on enemy supports, or on myself if there's no point silencing the enemy for EIGHT SECONDS. Get a few kills. Snowball out of control. If no kills, lose.

------

But yeah, because he's so dependant on those early ganks, it's really easy to lose with him.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: January 28, 2013, 08:53:29 pm »

Yeah, he's pretty derpy right now.

If you random him though, there are things you can do to make your life a lot easier. For instance, you don't really want to gank people 1v1 when you are just starting to gank. This is where Bloodseeker differs from people like Nightstalker. Ideally, what you want to do is just appear in lanes where you have allies to assist, because then they really can't escape.

And I personally found that he really, REALLY needs these early ganks too. Because what happens is that if you don't get a good level advantage at about 15 minutes in, then you simply cannot kill anyone fast enough before they get away.

Another thing that I found useful is that Bloodseeker isn't really a carry and shouldn't be farming too much. He should spend oodles of time ganking and being incredibly annoying. Because of this, I only ever keep his heal at level 1, while I max his speed increase second. I do this simply because I find the ability to zoom in on targets half the map away and have a permanent movement speed buff to be more useful than the heal. After all, my whole intention is to appear when the enemy has no chance to win. I don't really want to get into fights where the enemy thinks he can beat me. Gotta go fast!

So basically what I do is go mid, farm a bit till 6. Check lanes. Gank nonstop. Apply bloodrage on enemy supports, or on myself if there's no point silencing the enemy for EIGHT SECONDS. Get a few kills. Snowball out of control. If no kills, lose.

------

But yeah, because he's so dependant on those early ganks, it's really easy to lose with him.
Yeah, I always find myself farming far too much, but never having anything to spend my money on. I like to go Poor Man's Shield and Treads, then rush a Radiance and then preferably transition into like a Force Staff and then maybe a bfly or a sny. But fast Radiance requires 3800 for your Sacred Relic, and I always find myself being caught between teamfighting and farming, though I probably should be ganking more than farming. I feel like my build needs serious work as well, it has no real direction.

Hmm... Now I feel like playing Bloodseeker. I'll come back with tales of my loss later.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: January 28, 2013, 09:10:31 pm »

Heh... I go for more early - mid game items. So Drums, Sange and Yasha, Battlefury... that sort of thing. People always tell me SnY sucks... but I like it a lot. I get it on agi heroes who don't use Manta, such as Jugg. Later on you can dismantle it and make it into a manta and halberd if you really need to.

I've done the Radiance build a few times and it does work if you can get the farm, since the radiance burn + your super speed makes chasing easy peasy. But personally I get better results when I nonstop gank from the 6th minute instead of farming until minute 22 or so.

Also, unlike a lot of other Bloodseekers, I rarely get a force staff. Never really found it useful. Not sure why. The price and buildup really put me off it.

Edit: Come to think of it, I think I know why I don't rely on his ult so much. I play Bloodseeker like Warwick from LoL. I don't gank expecting my Rupture to kill things, I gank expecting to punch them to death. The ult is just something nice to have. Might also explain why I subconsciously only buy movespeed items.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: January 28, 2013, 09:33:40 pm »

You know, that's not a half bad way of seeing him... They have a similar moveset, down to the lifesteal and detection based on health aura, now that you mention it. I'll have to try it, though unfortunately WW suffers from the same ult-dependency that Bloodseeker suffers from. I was never very good at WW in LoL, but Bloodseeker is one of the only characters in Dota that I can pick and reliably win with, except for maybe KotL or Rubick.
Pages: 1 ... 115 116 [117] 118 119 ... 246