Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239639 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1710 on: January 25, 2013, 01:24:47 am »

I think this is all you need for proof that the Dotabuff elo is wrong...

There is no way in hell I'm in the 88th percentile. The guy I play with is even in the 97th percentile. Lol... does that mean we're supposed to be among the best of Dota. Hell no. I can barely even last hit even now.

Also, this means that the privacy settings don't work on Dotabuff. I have mine still turned on and it's still recording my games. =| Goddammit.

In other news, I did another ridiculous, roaming & ganking at level 1 strat. Gyrocopter this time. Did so well that all I had to do was appear in the vision of someone and they'd run back to base in fear. It was hilarious.

https://dotabuff.com/matches/107446651

As you can see, because I spent so much time roaming, I was so low level. The same thing happened when I was playing support Naga Siren.

.... Damn I love all random!

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: January 25, 2013, 02:47:45 am »

That's the way to play gyro. I prefer to wait for level 2 at least, but after that, I'm ganking all the day long.

Also, could anyone tell me how to play QoP well?
I totally wreck people with the dagger early game, but after that, I don't know what to do to be useful.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 02:49:38 am by ranter »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: January 25, 2013, 03:28:56 am »

2 levels of dagger, max the scream thing then max blink.

Basically harass with dagger until your scream is level 2, then blink in and scream. Dagger. Repeat until enemy is dead.

Playing her isn't as easy as it seems early on, as she relies a lot of knowing just how much damage she can actually do. Which can be a bit deceptive with the DoT and her good autoattacks. So you need to be really aggressive and proactive with your bottle charges as well as kiting. She's one of those guys where if she gets a haste rune, you're dead.

Also, a good trick to do is not just rely on the dagger for damage, but do something like this. Autoattack, dagger, autoattack, kite, autoattack, kite, back off. You get way more damage off and they can't fight you because because of the dagger.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: January 25, 2013, 10:20:48 am »

The early game I get it, but the problem is late game, where the only thing I can do is using my ult and... that's it.

My latest tries have gone buying necro and manta and split pushing as much as I can late game.

Edit: Half a year of always randoming has payed itself. I just had 5 wins in a row in all random. Some of them rocking the party, other doing just good, but none of them with a critical failure. I love that enviroment.

And in a side note: Bloodseeker outcarries magina.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 01:54:39 pm by ranter »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: January 25, 2013, 06:46:04 pm »

"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: January 25, 2013, 07:44:02 pm »

The early game I get it, but the problem is late game, where the only thing I can do is using my ult and... that's it.

My latest tries have gone buying necro and manta and split pushing as much as I can late game.

Edit: Half a year of always randoming has payed itself. I just had 5 wins in a row in all random. Some of them rocking the party, other doing just good, but none of them with a critical failure. I love that enviroment.

And in a side note: Bloodseeker outcarries magina.
QoP can be playing as a carry in the same way as Antimage in the late game, though it's not particularly her forte.

This means getting an MKB + another damage item, then blinking in and out of fights while spamming scream and slow. Sceptre is also quite useful, as it reduces the cooldown so much that you can use it to clear creep waves.

Personally, I do what you do. I don't get the Manta but I always try to get Necro + Sheepstick + Euls. I prefer being incredibly annoying. Still blink in and out a lot though, so I usually also grab a BKB or a Linken's sometime in the middle of that. Linkens especially when they have Lion or Lina or Shadow Shaman or anyone with super strong single target abilities. BKB for everything else.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: January 25, 2013, 08:01:53 pm »

https://dotabuff.com/pages/2013-01-25-shutdown  ;D

Woah, this all went down so fast. But apparently they were using pretty dodgy ways of gathering data and got angry with Valve for refusing them access to everything from now on. Also, it was clear they crossed a line with the DBR thing. They also promote stats that are really easily misread (and otherwise mostly useless), like the infamous item stats with Divine Rapier 95% winrate and whatnot. And in the same vein the winningest Medusa skill build was Mana Shield first.

They also instantly threw in the towel when Valve made stat collecting harder. They won't apparently even try with the WebAPI.

I lost all respect for the site. They handled the whole thing about as poorly as possible.

Oh yeah, Own3d is going down as well. They apparently weren't paying the streamers at all for the last few months. Streamers are jumping off like rats from a sinking ship. There's currently only 5 streams online with more than 100 viewers. The biggest one boasting a mere 1000 viewers.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 08:10:58 pm by LASD »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: January 25, 2013, 08:55:31 pm »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: January 25, 2013, 09:15:17 pm »

I feel kinda sad though. I liked using dotabuff as a way to show matches. But yeah the stats were really pointless. It's not about raw data. You need to interpret the data to get useful information. Like Bruno's no legs = win.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: January 25, 2013, 09:27:02 pm »

I feel kinda sad though. I liked using dotabuff as a way to show matches. But yeah the stats were really pointless. It's not about raw data. You need to interpret the data to get useful information. Like Bruno's no legs = win.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ktBGdMWi-w " ;D

Wait I just thought of something can a naix infest a naix?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 10:29:43 pm by Alkhemia »

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: January 26, 2013, 12:18:27 am »

good to know that icefrog is never resting with bringing us completely broken mechanics like we're all stupid enough to miss it.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: January 26, 2013, 12:36:47 am »

good to know that icefrog is never resting with bringing us completely broken mechanics like we're all stupid enough to miss it.
?

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: January 26, 2013, 12:40:08 am »

180 points of ias on 20 second cd for 75 mana.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: January 26, 2013, 01:24:15 am »

Lol... he has as much hp as Crystal Maiden.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: January 26, 2013, 02:04:33 am »

He's not.  He has .5 more str gain per level.  He starts with more hp.  He has one of the highest str gains of agi heroes.
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 246