Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239619 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1665 on: January 18, 2013, 04:19:53 am »

Mute everyone.
I've really only played a handful of games of this, and all against bots, but the one noteworthy one was MAGICAL. It was Old Internet in all its indescribable glory, and it made the game so much better than if I'd been playing in silence or relevant commentary.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: January 18, 2013, 08:36:40 am »

Valve heard the cries. OD is now Outworld Devourer.

Much better than Demolisher.
nice that is a lot better

Their strategy is to do a change absolutely and completely horrible and the next day make the change they wanted to do. That way people cry less.
Seriously, demolisher didn't even fit in his protrait.

By the way, has someone noticed that the damage meepo does is absolutely bananas? 400 dps at lvl 16 with agha without getting in the passive and poofs.
I can't wait for notail to pick him more and see what marvels he does. 

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: January 18, 2013, 09:07:55 am »

Valve heard the cries. OD is now Outworld Devourer.

Much better than Demolisher.
nice that is a lot better

Their strategy is to do a change absolutely and completely horrible and the next day make the change they wanted to do. That way people cry less.
Seriously, demolisher didn't even fit in his protrait.

By the way, has someone noticed that the damage meepo does is absolutely bananas? 400 dps at lvl 16 with agha without getting in the passive and poofs.
I can't wait for notail to pick him more and see what marvels he does.
Yeah Meepo is a demon but he only good in certain situations that ult stick buff was amazing http://www.joindota.com/en/vods/3221-talkdota-12 at about 4:10 they talk about it
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:18:07 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: January 18, 2013, 05:56:02 pm »

I've said it before and I'll repeat it again. There's little more satisfying thatn picking rubick and being told that I use their spells better than the enemy.

Seriously, that guy with blink and force is probably the third most fun character in the game (behind clockwerk with agha and bat with blink. And Puck probably goes in there, but I haven't randomed him yet)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: January 18, 2013, 07:25:46 pm »

Rubick also seems to get a lot of kills for some reason.

Whenever I play Rubick I always forget to stop focusing important carries. For example, the last time I played him, I kept stealing spells from Lifestealer of all people. Free BKB was nice though heh... When the game ended I had Sven's God's Strength combined with Lifestealer's Rage. Was pretty impressive honestly.

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: January 19, 2013, 04:54:46 am »

Well, fade bolt plus a nuke like wild axes plus a just stolen nuke like dragon slave is about 900 damage. Which is enough to melt most supports.

But the best thing to fight against as rubick is sniper. Since you don't have the mana problems, you can just spam assasinate. And most snipers forget to cockblock assasinate with shrapnel.

EDIT: I don't know how the hell I just managed to pull this off
https://dotabuff.com/matches/102860124
Just so you know: Visage is the only hero I can't do anything right with and I cry when I random him. I do better even with meepo.
A pity I had to AFK for a few minutes and it counted as an abadon...
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 05:49:39 am by ranter »

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1671 on: January 19, 2013, 06:00:13 am »

Normally, I'm a mediocre carry. I'm not too great at last hitting. But sometimes, everything falls into place. Take this Weaver match yesterday:
https://dotabuff.com/matches/101831805
12/2/17, 198 last hits, 19 minute Radiance. That's frigging impressive for me.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: January 20, 2013, 01:25:32 pm »

What? Outworld Destroyer is no longer Outworld Destroyer? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: January 20, 2013, 03:27:00 pm »

What? Outworld Destroyer is no longer Outworld Destroyer? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!
Welp, at least he's no longer Outworld Demolisher. Outworld Devourer isn't that great, but at least it's not pure shit. I seriously doubt that Blizzard would have sued them over those names.. What, do they have the copyright on the name Destroyer? Does that even make sense? :/

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: January 20, 2013, 05:31:19 pm »

I think Valve is trying to slowly divest itself from Dota properties. Basically they realize that Blizzard doesn't actually have much of a legal case right now as the game is still technically in beta and is constantly changing. But what they don't want is when they release, Blizzard instantly sues them and they get locked in a years long legal battle even if they have a valid case. The worst thing that could happen would be Blizzard wins an immediate injunction against Dota 2 and they have to spend years to repeal it. Some people might argue that Blizzard wouldn't do that, but I think all anyone has to do is look at Blizzard actions these past few years and you'll get all the evidence you need.

Anyway, basically what they need to do is prove that they aren't riding off the intellectual property of Blizzard, even if they are. So for example, say they get sued (I think they will), they need to show the judge that they've been deliberately spending resources and time to break away from Warcraft models and names and things like that. Suppose they didn't do that, even for minor things like Obsidian Destroyer, then Blizzard would have a much stronger case for saying that Valve merely copy-pasted all its ideas... right down to the similarities of the names.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: January 20, 2013, 05:39:20 pm »

I quite liked Demolisher tbh. :( It's much more retro than all these names you'd find in faux teen metal bands (Destroyer, Devourer.)

Played some Least Played earlier. Got to be Bane. :D We lost, but it was fun regardless. There's just nothing to be done about a maxed - out PL who can almost solo our team without even being there. (It took him about 70 minutes for him to realise this was possible though.)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: January 20, 2013, 06:23:03 pm »

I won't be surprised if PL took some minor nerfs to his agility gain. It's just absurd.

I mean, people complain that Drow gets too much agility (though I don't know why people still complain about her being that they took out her overpowered global aura and made it AOE). However, Drow only gets 1.9 agility per level, to a grand total of 47.5 agility. Combined with her ult it's anywhere between 87.5 to 127.5 agility depending on whether she's taking it up the arse or not. Combined with her base, this is a total of 113.5 to 153.5 agility.

Look at PL?

105 agility just from levelling up for a total of 128 agility including his base. To give even more context, Juggernaut gets a grand total of 91.25 agility. More than 40 agility less than PL. That's Drow's level 3 ult in terms of difference. Essentially Juggernaut at level 25 is as strong as 3 PL illusions. To say nothing of the real PL. Or the fact that you'll probably be fighting 12 PLs. Thus, to simplify things even futher. PL after Diffusal and Manta, is equivalent to Drow + 4 Juggernauts autoattacking you.

People need to pay more attention to base stats blarghleblargh.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: January 20, 2013, 06:43:37 pm »

I'm not sure why they gave PL more base agility gain rather than simply slightly buff the chance of proc'ing Juxtapose or giving him a slightly better base attack time.  :-\

Btw, Dark Seer still sees a lot of love in the meta game from what I've seen, and with good reason. But lategame? Highly ignorable. I've played as and against a Dark Seer in the late late (60min +) game. I know he's a support and as such shouldn't scale so well... but even vaccing five into the wall doesn't do anything after a point. :/

Was an irritating game as we had a Carry QoP, a decently farmed Kunkka and a decently farmed Morphling (which only started taking morph after he'd maxed wave and adaptive strike, hehe) and the only carry they had was PL - Batrider could CC someone for a bit (If I didn't grip him first) as well as Crystal Maiden but even if Veno's Ulti went off and DS walled properly (which he didn't) they did basically no damage. The PL basically wrapped up our entire team. :(

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: January 20, 2013, 07:35:00 pm »

except that as dark seer you excel late game against high damage right clickers like svens, since with your aga the illusions can kill off all the carries supports in no time.  if you aren't microing the dark seer illusions to all focus one of the weaker supports down then thats probably why you find he's not got a great amount of power... anybody should be able to kill thier own illusions.
Nom nom nom

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: January 21, 2013, 01:03:39 am »

Some people might argue that Blizzard wouldn't do that, but I think all anyone has to do is look at Blizzard actions these past few years and you'll get all the evidence you need.

Past few years? Blizzard has been well known as one of the most sue-happy developers since the late 90's (ironic, since they were hired to develop a Warhammer game and ended up making the blatant ripoff that is Warcraft). Any company that would threaten lawsuits against universities because they had too many Diablo 2 botters on campus is probably a company that you need to tread lightly around.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 246