Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239596 times)

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1605 on: January 08, 2013, 04:00:26 pm »

I also have 6 more keys, so if anyone needs them for any reason, just send me a steam message, id tyg13

Gamerboy4life

• Bay Watcher
  • Helicopegasus
    • View Profile
« Reply #1606 on: January 08, 2013, 04:25:17 pm »

So, I've fallen in love with the Gyrocopter.

I've been following the "Get off my lawn" guide, and I'm liking his style of play, as well as the Crystal Maiden's.

Any other easy, beginner heroes that fit around the roles of those two, (Support, initiator, carry/semicarry,?) that are somewhat easy to work with? I'm still pretty bad, I've only played half a dozen matches.
I need to put something interesting here.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1607 on: January 08, 2013, 04:27:19 pm »

1 point is Homing Missile and Rocket Barrage and max Flak Cannon farm a Divine = win\
well manta bkb and Divine but still, Loda scary on his gyro
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1608 on: January 08, 2013, 06:39:24 pm »

I've been following the "Get off my lawn" guide, and I'm liking his style of play, as well as the Crystal Maiden's.

Any other easy, beginner heroes that fit around the roles of those two, (Support, initiator, carry/semicarry,?) that are somewhat easy to work with? I'm still pretty bad, I've only played half a dozen matches.
For easy support try Lich, by far the easiest hero to play in my and lots of other people opinion.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1609 on: January 08, 2013, 06:49:49 pm »

Easy Support - Lich. Autocast Ice Armor before Teamfight, Nuke and Ulti when in fight, Sacrifice when need mana.
Easy Carry - Skeleton King. Q and right click. Win game if done adequately.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1610 on: January 08, 2013, 08:45:36 pm »

Viper is pretty easy too, and helps you get the rush of being a carry. Good to pick up at newbie levels of play too, as no one has any clue how to fight him haha.

Drow Ranger and Huskar are in the same vein of difficulty.

The key to playing all three of these guys is to spam their orbs. If you don't know what that means, basically all these guys have a skill that doubles as an orb effect. Viper's passive slow and poison from his Q. Drow's frost arrows, and Huskar's burning spears. This means they can't use lifesteal items with these skills or Desolator or anything like that. However, they can manually select the skill and then click on the enemy to cast it like a spell with a cooldown the same as your autoattack speed.

Why is this helpful?

Because casting spells on enemies doesn't draw creep aggro. So nothing will attack you while you click Q on the enemy hero. Including towers. Essentially you get free autoattacks (well, it normally costs a teeny tiny amount of mana)

Starting to see how insane that is for laning?

This means you can do crazy stuff like sit behind the enemy's entire creepwave and spam Q on him every time he comes near without any fear of creeps or towers doing damage to you (unless they're nothing else for them to hit). If you've played LoL, then it's basically Gangplank's Parrrley. On a one second cooldown.

Here's an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_BQOtr-mOo

Edit: Found this on Reddit
    The Poem of the Bear

In the ancient woods of yore
    There lived a bear with taste for gore
    This bear was evil to the core
    Violence filled his every pore

He lived in shadows, hid from light
    And ravaged anything in sight
    An ursine demon filled with spite
    Many felt his crimson bite

Many Heroes of the age
    Were swallowed in his blinding rage
    Although advised by many a sage
    Not to let the bear engage

Even Priestess of The Moon
    With a bottled regen rune
    Faced the demon by Elune
    But the bear was spell immune

Dragon Knight did bravely dare
    To farm the woods without a care
    But someone warned him: "Best beware!"
    "Behind you there's a fucking bear!"

Dragon knew what this had meant
    He will be raped without consent
    In his mournful, bleak lament
    He miss clicked on accident

He stunned a creep with Dragon's tail
    Indeed it was an epic fail
    He tried to run to no avail
    The bear had ripped him scale from scale

Many others tried to fight
    Morphling, Naga, Chaos knight
    They got a taste of ursine might
    Their hollow screams had pierced the night

In the end the Ancient fell
    Priestess died while at the well
    The bear exclaimed one final yell
    "I am Ursa. Go to hell!"

crazysheep

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:fluffy wool]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1611 on: January 09, 2013, 04:36:42 am »

Orb effects can be on 0 second cooldowns too.
"Don't be in such a hurry to grow up, for there's nothing a kid can't do."

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1612 on: January 09, 2013, 05:54:21 am »

For easy support try Lich, by far the easiest hero to play in my and lots of other people opinion.
I like Outworld Destroyer. Bounty Hunter is said to be the easiest around there. My friend could get 3 Divine Rapiers and 1 hit kill everybody.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

CHaosdwarft

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1613 on: January 09, 2013, 07:21:59 am »

Hello fellow DOTA Urists,

For some reason I keep getting regularly DOTA2 keys. They are starting to clutter up my inventory. Therefore I'm giving away these keys for FREE! with one condition you add me on steam so we can all play some DOTA2 yay!

So get out of your mineshaft, add me on steam (don't worry I'm not a stalker and I'm quite polite to other players) and get your keys before the run out! I have 6 KEYS to give away.

Donuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Madman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1614 on: January 09, 2013, 07:58:59 am »

For some reason I keep getting regularly DOTA2 keys. They are starting to clutter up my inventory. Therefore I'm giving away these keys for FREE! with one condition you add me on steam so we can all play some DOTA2 yay!

So get out of your mineshaft, add me on steam (don't worry I'm not a stalker and I'm quite polite to other players) and get your keys before the run out! I have 6 KEYS to give away.
Make that 11 keys. I got 5. Add me (Explosive Kitty) on Steam and get a free Dota 2 keys.
"Oh shit, they've got a slogan! It means they're serious!"

CHaosdwarft

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1615 on: January 09, 2013, 04:58:03 pm »

Well I just recieved 5 more copies of DOTA2! Thats makes me the owner of 11 copies!!! Please ask your friends if they want a free copy! This is starting to look like a sick joke (dam you gods of Chaos)

Make that 11 keys. I got 5. Add me (Explosive Kitty) on Steam and get a free Dota 2 keys.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1616 on: January 09, 2013, 05:10:04 pm »

MEDUSA  :P say hi
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Added Medusa!

GAMEPLAY
- Witch Doctor: Fixed Aghanim's Death Ward attacking Familiars and other psuedo heroes.
- Doom: Scorched Earth now only applies damage from Doom himself, not all the units affected by his aura.
- Pudge: Fixed being able to get units stuck using Refresher.
- Keeper of the Light: Fixed Recall interaction with non-hero units.

UI
- Added a Haste button to the courier HUD element.
- Added Mid Only game mode for private lobbies (disables other lanes and allows the same hero to be selected).
- The Announcer Share dialog has been replaced with a Shared Content dialog.
- Added a badge to the top bar to count the available shared items.
- If shared content is available in a game, a message is now printed pregame.
- Added Balanced Shuffle button to non-tournament private lobbies.
- Added All Chat private lobby option for enabling voice chat among all players.
- Fixed "Equip" appearing in the right click menu for some chests.

AUDIO
- Fixed hearing the wrong announcer after equipping a new item in the loadout.
- Fixed bugs with muting cobroadcasters causing other sounds to be muted.

BOTS
- The bots are now less likely to push with more heroes than what they deem necessary (less 5-man Dota). Probably needs some tuning.
- Made bots slightly less self-concerned when considering defending an ally. Also made them more likely to jump in if they have a slow or stun.
- Bots that are capable of jungling during the laning phase may now do so.
- If purchasing an item from the secret shop would complete an item, desire for going there is now increased.
- When their next item is purchasable, their desire to farm is significantly reduced.
- Fixed bad tuning that was causing bots to almost never farm lanes.
- Improved bot responsiveness to pings on Roshan.
- Bots are now less likely to assume that humans will purchase wards.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:21:34 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1617 on: January 09, 2013, 05:20:39 pm »

- Added Mid Only game mode for private lobbies (disables other lanes and allows the same hero to be selected).

Awww yeaaaahhhh

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1618 on: January 09, 2013, 06:59:10 pm »

How do you counter Viper as a noob? Is it the same as Bloodseeker - a TP?

I think Bloodseeker is a little underated, especially against Nukers. I guess the main problem is Blood Bath and Thirst being 90% useless in teamfights.

I've actually only played Drow once, but that was in a game with - surprise - four other carries on my team so I never really got to see the prawning she can deliver.

ragnar119

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1619 on: January 09, 2013, 07:10:29 pm »

I played few hours of the game for the first time, and in that time, I was crushed, raped and a lot of other bad things done to me by other players and even bots... lost all willpower to play  :)
Pages: 1 ... 106 107 [108] 109 110 ... 246