Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239480 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1500 on: December 19, 2012, 06:26:27 pm »

So is there any official DF Dota 2 group? I know we have the Dwarf Fortress Community group on steam, but I haven't seen any Dota 2 events on there. I'm sick of leavers and disconnects and especially the trolls and feeders. I'm not amazing myself, I'd call myself mediocre at best, but at least I don't boots or bottle start. I know mechanics pretty well, just not how to build and skill some of the heroes. Very much willing to learn, and I have a mic so I can voice chat. If anyone's putting together a DF 5 stack or something I'd love to join.
There is a dota group, and there are even 5v5 matches most weekends. Try shearching for "DF - Dota 2 chapter" as that is the group name.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Marchosias

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: December 19, 2012, 07:45:17 pm »

O.O troll troll troll, oh god that troll, I could play the fuck out that, just sad he doesnt have a move to kill your party members for their gold or it'd be perfect.

Forever alone.
Anonymity, the friend to every troll.
Sweet anonymity.

My favorites.

Rez

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: December 19, 2012, 09:20:23 pm »

greevilus soooooooooooooooo much better than diretide.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: December 19, 2012, 11:30:31 pm »

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 11:35:04 pm by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: December 20, 2012, 02:35:04 pm »

My blue greevil has rot and black hole. It is as glorious as you can imagine.
And yeah, this mode is way better than diretide. And forces epic builds on to you. Timbersaw with blink dagger, diffusal and desolator is not viable, but it is fucking awesome.

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: December 20, 2012, 02:49:41 pm »

With the few Anti-Carries still missing, it's hardly worth to play support in pubs. Then again it's hardly worth to play in pubs in general.. Mouth-breathers and keyboard turners, who go on suicide lane with two melee characters and wonder why the enemy team snowballs to victory with their tri-ranged.  ::)

Aside from Invoker, and some skillshots (Arrow, Hook) there is hardly any tactical planning required.

It's great for (semi)pro games, but otherwise.. meh.
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

LASD

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: December 20, 2012, 03:20:25 pm »

And yeah, this mode is way better than diretide. And forces epic builds on to you. Timbersaw with blink dagger, diffusal and desolator is not viable, but it is fucking awesome.

I had fun until I played a game against a 5 man team with all Seraphims. There was literally nothing we could do to stop it. After 7 minutes it was 24 to 1.

Kind of a bad screenshot

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: December 20, 2012, 03:33:45 pm »

Pray that you never face a full blue team. That's 5 black holes one after another. Just two of them in my team wrecked a full seraphim team.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: December 20, 2012, 06:42:02 pm »

So anyone see a Bradwarden since his big nerf?
Also found this
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 21, 2012, 01:33:31 am by Alkhemia »

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: December 21, 2012, 01:26:18 pm »

Not sure if the colour even matters honestly. I see all kinds of powers on all kinds of colours.

I think this mode is kinda lame personally. It's just too chaotic. And not the fun kind of chaotic. This coming from a guy who has a greevil with Banish (+48% magic damage) and Laguna Blade.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: December 22, 2012, 01:30:43 pm »

Doublepost!

I just had one of the most retarded games ever. Single draft. I'm thinking of picking KotL. Our Omniknight goes "pick a carry so I can support". So I switch to Chaos Knight.

We go into lane, the bastard starts stealing every single last hit. Using his nuke to grab it if I was going to get it first (ON ME!). Nonstop autopushes the lane, so we can't do anything to the OD who's just farming and chilling as we're constantly at his tower. So since I can't do anything there, I just go roaming. At this point this dumbass decides to start being beyond retarded and just suicides repeatedly to everything he could think of. Ganks. Overextending. Towerdiving.

What the bloody fuck. I come out of the lane with barely anything, no surprise at all. But hey, at least you can check out his awesome "support" build: https://dotabuff.com/matches/83889952

This is why I hate duo laning. If your lane partner is stupid. Even mildly bad. It's over. There's nothing you can do. The moment I see someone autoattack creeps I give up on the game.

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: December 22, 2012, 04:19:53 pm »

Doublepost!

I just had one of the most retarded games ever. Single draft. I'm thinking of picking KotL. Our Omniknight goes "pick a carry so I can support". So I switch to Chaos Knight.

We go into lane, the bastard starts stealing every single last hit. Using his nuke to grab it if I was going to get it first (ON ME!). Nonstop autopushes the lane, so we can't do anything to the OD who's just farming and chilling as we're constantly at his tower. So since I can't do anything there, I just go roaming. At this point this dumbass decides to start being beyond retarded and just suicides repeatedly to everything he could think of. Ganks. Overextending. Towerdiving.

What the bloody fuck. I come out of the lane with barely anything, no surprise at all. But hey, at least you can check out his awesome "support" build: https://dotabuff.com/matches/83889952

This is why I hate duo laning. If your lane partner is stupid. Even mildly bad. It's over. There's nothing you can do. The moment I see someone autoattack creeps I give up on the game.
Oh the glory of pubs... I played clinkz on time and I asked the last pick to get a support or at least something that didn't need farm. So he picks Enchantress, and I was alright, we already have a nature's prophet going jungle but maybe they can work it out. He goes to lane with me, and I swear to god did not stop auto attacking once. At least if he was last hitting, someone would be getting gold. But nope, with Clinkz's god-awful attack animation and his constant auto-attacking and the solo windrunner denying, who was probably laughing his ass off at us, I got a grand total of 4 last hits in 10 minutes. And the whole time, Windrunner's powershotting this guy and he doesn't even try to move at all. Oh, and he got all salves. All of his gold on salves... And bracers. We get ganked by a roaming ES and I die constantly. The kicker? I get blamed by my team for having shit farm and for dying so frequently. Best game ever.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: December 22, 2012, 04:28:20 pm »

Doublepost!

Oh the glory of pubs... I played clinkz on time and I asked the last pick to get a support or at least something that didn't need farm. So he picks Enchantress, and I was alright, we already have a nature's prophet going jungle but maybe they can work it out. He goes to lane with me, and I swear to god did not stop auto attacking once. At least if he was last hitting, someone would be getting gold. But nope, with Clinkz's god-awful attack animation and his constant auto-attacking and the solo windrunner denying, who was probably laughing his ass off at us, I got a grand total of 4 last hits in 10 minutes. And the whole time, Windrunner's powershotting this guy and he doesn't even try to move at all. Oh, and he got all salves. All of his gold on salves... And bracers. We get ganked by a roaming ES and I die constantly. The kicker? I get blamed by my team for having shit farm and for dying so frequently. Best game ever.
Had the same thing with a visage when I was a ck could not get any last hits all he would do was auto-attack.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1513 on: December 22, 2012, 05:14:18 pm »

Doublepost!

I apologise for that game. I wasn't very good. :(

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: December 22, 2012, 05:25:51 pm »

https://dotabuff.com/matches/83981012 since no one showed up for the in house  :'( so we went and did a pub was fun I was bat that luna had a silly build though made vlads before she switch to helm and never got manta I also jump in to hard sometimes.

I want to see a 5 man necro 3  :P
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 09:55:11 pm by Alkhemia »

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 ... 246