Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239473 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1485 on: December 14, 2012, 11:19:09 pm »

Hahaha, oh wow. I finally got my dream came true. Drow + Visage together in a game. https://dotabuff.com/matches/78548994

Turns out for even more imba broken-ness, Drow's aura works on Visage's familiars even when she turns it off. It got so stupid at some point that I stopped controlling my hero altogether and made him just follow an ally while I microed the familiars around.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1486 on: December 15, 2012, 12:54:05 am »

The new game mode for winter is called Frostivus
http://www.dota2.com/frostivus/

ALSO http://www.playdota.com/changelogs/6.77 the next patch
« Last Edit: December 15, 2012, 01:06:44 am by Alkhemia »
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1487 on: December 15, 2012, 08:44:11 am »

Just got back into the game yesterday, and oh man.

https://dotabuff.com/matches/78467726

Fun game, Brood was a friend, I was OM. I wanted to trilane with WD and CK but WD was like "pls go top". :( Only got BF when it became very likely we were going to win. :P

https://dotabuff.com/matches/78782289

This was terrible. In fairness, I did do poorly. I was solo hard laning against a Tiny and an Ursa. When it came to big teamfights though I was able to do alot of work with all my skills, but it wasn't enough. Throughout the whole match Rubick kept asking everyone to report me and SK despite the fact that he was almost certainly worse than us and only did better because of his lane / queue partner. :(

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1488 on: December 15, 2012, 10:29:26 am »

Cant wait for the chrismas event, if the halloween map was good i expect this to be better, hard not to be a valve fanboy :P

Alg

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1489 on: December 15, 2012, 11:21:45 am »

The description talks about a truce, so this should be full co-op. I like that, I found the diretide thing of half competition half cooperation to be weird.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1490 on: December 15, 2012, 11:30:25 am »

This was terrible. In fairness, I did do poorly. I was solo hard laning against a Tiny and an Ursa. When it came to big teamfights though I was able to do alot of work with all my skills, but it wasn't enough. Throughout the whole match Rubick kept asking everyone to report me and SK despite the fact that he was almost certainly worse than us and only did better because of his lane / queue partner. :(
Don't worry about it. Everyone has off games. Just keep improving yourself and learn from your mistakes. It's how we get better at the game.

Generally, when in doubt and if you think you're getting forced into an offlane (say you have a jungler), then you'd kinda want to pick someone either ranged or with good escape. So maybe that could be something you'd consider for next time. And I found that the fastest way for my performance to improve mid game is to just mute everyone. No one has anything intelligent to say anyway. I have not met a single person who can communicate something in this game more efficiently than a ping can. So just shut them up.

In fact, that's one of my golden rules of Dota-likes. If someone spams in-game voicechat or they type a lot of "strategy" in game... they suck at the game.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1491 on: December 16, 2012, 04:29:29 pm »

https://dotabuff.com/matches/79791593

First time as Chen and I hadn't set control groups. What could possibly go wrong? :P

Edit : Yeah cheers for the advice Umi. :) IIRC I picked 3rd before SK and Axe did and due to the situation I assumed Axe would lane with me, but it wasn't to be.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 04:55:01 pm by Korbac »

ranter

• Bay Watcher
  • Shall we dance?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1492 on: December 16, 2012, 04:49:58 pm »

control groups are for meepos and broodmothers. Chen can tab through all his units without problem.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1493 on: December 16, 2012, 04:55:28 pm »

And now I can use tab!

And now I can use tab!!!

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1494 on: December 17, 2012, 02:54:50 am »

So recently i decided to stop solo queing and only ever que when I have 4 or more freinds... ever since then my win:Loss ratio has skyrocketed just because you know how they roll.  It's so awesome <3  Either way do we have any series competitve people here?  I am hopping to get into actual tournaments and such like Alkhemia asked about soon.
Nom nom nom

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1495 on: December 17, 2012, 03:24:22 am »

Yeah, I think it's a bit unfair as to how MM treats parties atm. I always get far better results with a friend and if I'm laning with him our win rate increases by something like 15%. It's just far easier to co-ordinate with someone who won't swear at you if you miss your stun. :P

Kilakan, I enjoy the game enough to spend a lot of time on it (and thus maybe become good enough to be competitive), I should be on about 8:30 GMT if you want a game then? :)

kilakan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1496 on: December 17, 2012, 03:26:26 am »

Sorry mate, it's currently 4:30 am at the moment, the only reason I'm up this late is chronic insomnia due to stress and energy drinks...   On the other hand add me on steam, my names kilakan on there and my avatars a red skull.  Maybe I'll end up waking up really early!
Nom nom nom

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1497 on: December 17, 2012, 03:27:46 am »

I was on about PM, so about 12 hours from now (I've got a job in about 35 mins), but sure, I'll add you when I get home! :)

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1498 on: December 17, 2012, 02:50:07 pm »

Troll Warlords responses are up no voice yet http://www.dota2wiki.com/wiki/Troll_Warlord_responses

There a lot of people mad about these.

Trollollollolloed.
Problem.
You mad, bro?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Tyg13

• Bay Watcher
  • And then I was bacon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1499 on: December 19, 2012, 05:37:50 pm »

So is there any official DF Dota 2 group? I know we have the Dwarf Fortress Community group on steam, but I haven't seen any Dota 2 events on there. I'm sick of leavers and disconnects and especially the trolls and feeders. I'm not amazing myself, I'd call myself mediocre at best, but at least I don't boots or bottle start. I know mechanics pretty well, just not how to build and skill some of the heroes. Very much willing to learn, and I have a mic so I can voice chat. If anyone's putting together a DF 5 stack or something I'd love to join.
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 246