Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239412 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1365 on: December 02, 2012, 04:01:28 pm »

Pseudo random distribution isn't in for items right now, so you can't get a general idea of when your next hit will crit.

I'm also pretty sure PSD is a nerf to me directly. And other super lucky people who pray to the luck gods. To give an idea of how much I rely on my luck to carry me through, I will literally jump on enemies at level 6 as Phantom Assassin simply because I expect 1 in 3 of my autoattacks to crit at that moment. Or when I duel enemies as Spirit Breaker.

For example, this recent match here: https://dotabuff.com/matches/72051421

As Ogre Magi, the things I did because I expect multicasts to happen:
1. I always bloodlust allies or even creeps because I know I will always get multicast. So I'll get it for free.
2. I always plan my damage expecting at least 2x multicast on fireblast. Look at poor Jakiro. How many times I 2x or 3x or even 4x fireblasted him from full health to nothing.
3. I always get my ult no matter what, because I know I will always get multicasts, which is more useful than the lower mana costs.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1366 on: December 03, 2012, 01:36:46 pm »

My last match was pretty terrible. We won with little difficulty. It's kind of embarrassing, actually. Match is here, if you're curious. I think their Bane was letting a friend try it out or something.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: December 03, 2012, 02:04:46 pm »

Their Bane had 5 games played total.

He was queuing with the Pudge who had 400 games. The way Dota 2's matchmaking works is that it will use the hidden MMR of the highest skilled player in your queue team and then increases it a little higher than that.

After that I'm not too sure what happens. I think it tries to match the average MMR of the opposing team to that number there. Either that or it just grabs people of that MMR.

To be perfectly honest I don't understand it too well myself. So I found some threads by the devs that try to explain it:
http://www.playdota.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1125953
http://dev.dota2.com/showthread.php?t=29937

My favorite:
5. We don't enforce a 50-50 win rate.
(And you are certainly not getting matched with bad players on purpose when you have a win-streak. There's no conspiracy just because your winstreak ended)

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1368 on: December 03, 2012, 02:38:10 pm »

Oh god. Poor guy. No wonder he didn't seem to know what he was doing. You'd think his friend would've explained it or something.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: December 03, 2012, 08:12:15 pm »

This week's fails of the week has one of the Bay12ers inside it and I must say that it was especially hilarious:
http://www.dotacinema.com/news/fails-of-the-week-ep-29

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: December 03, 2012, 08:22:17 pm »

Who and what one?
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: December 03, 2012, 08:23:31 pm »

Bordellimies. The KotL one. He was Lifestealer though.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: December 03, 2012, 09:24:54 pm »

Just played like 4 games with Chaos dwarf.

First two were meh, and then I started playing carries. Both of the games had a leaver on our team. Both of them had me getting over 30 kills and carrying us to a win. I went 34/9 as Bounty Hunter and 37/3 as Antimage.

I think I understand why this game is fun now.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: December 03, 2012, 11:12:59 pm »

Congratulations! You're a good carry player! :D

The best I can do is be a decent support and maybe a decent initator (Tide, SK.)

Good to see the ranks are swelling! :)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: December 03, 2012, 11:33:05 pm »

Playing support is harder than carrying. You should be proud. I always appreciate a good support player more than someone who picks a carry. Think about it. When you see a teammate pick a support hero, you know he's on the ball. Hell, I'm perfectly fine with a team that has no carries whatsoever and everyone buys wards. Something like Shadow Shaman, Lion, Jakiro, Tidehunter, and Leshrac. Sounds good to me. It's like a guaranteed won game.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1375 on: December 04, 2012, 06:54:26 am »

Can I ask for any leftover DOTA keys you guys might be willing to offer?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #1376 on: December 04, 2012, 07:04:05 am »

I'm Simmura McCrea on Steam. Add me and I'll send you one of my four.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: December 04, 2012, 07:10:41 am »

Don't build crit on PA they don't stack and it will fuck up your ult build a MKB or something
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: December 04, 2012, 12:31:48 pm »

I'm Simmura McCrea on Steam. Add me and I'll send you one of my four.

Sure, thanks.

Sent you my request after it took me hours to update steam on my substandard internet stick.

Name's Dodecahedron.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: December 04, 2012, 03:54:50 pm »

Playing support is harder than carrying. You should be proud. I always appreciate a good support player more than someone who picks a carry. Think about it. When you see a teammate pick a support hero, you know he's on the ball. Hell, I'm perfectly fine with a team that has no carries whatsoever and everyone buys wards. Something like Shadow Shaman, Lion, Jakiro, Tidehunter, and Leshrac. Sounds good to me. It's like a guaranteed won game.

Can you say 15 minute rax / 20 minute game? :D
Pages: 1 ... 90 91 [92] 93 94 ... 246