Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 246

Author Topic: Dota 2  (Read 239382 times)

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dota 2
« Reply #1290 on: November 22, 2012, 07:09:24 pm »

http://i.imgur.com/fN8wi.png

Worst game of dota i ever played. Though i admit i havn't played many yet, i'm only about to reach lvl6.
Lane with sniper, he dies 2 times and is generally terrible. Pudge gets fed and carries through midgame.
Until the others decide to 4man camp mid in the middle of broodmother webs, with no tower nearby to tp on, with no wards, no sentries, no gems. they have 5 or so fights 4v5 while i run back and forth pushing the creeps out of top and bot.

Throughout this game, we lost 1 top, 1 mid and 2 bot towers to creeps, + the top tower and rax at minute 55 or so, with sniper standing right next to it doing nothing.
And did i mention, they didn't build any AoE to clear the clones. vs CK and Lancer clonearmies and billions of spiders. No idea how they managed to kill anything at all through mid to lategame without at least 1 battlefury -_-

Drow almost won the game for them by herself, but the others on her team were about as terrible as our sniper, so it was literally just a matter of getting to her and wacking her on the head.

It finally ended after 67 minutes, with 3 of us backdooring their ancient after killing drow and 3 others. The 4th of us dced in the meantime, if we hadn't made it in that final effort the whole game would've been wasted and even more aweful.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 07:10:55 pm by Lord Snow »

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: November 22, 2012, 07:11:34 pm »

lol that brood build I don't even also brew with battle fury lol
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Lord Snow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: November 22, 2012, 07:16:06 pm »

lol that brood build I don't even also brew with battle fury lol
I know its aweful, but we simply didnt have any other aoe spammable aoe against the clonetroopers -_-

Also, i'm newb. didn't get scepter because i didn't really have a clue how to use the ult, didn't get blink because they came to us anyway.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 07:19:25 pm by Lord Snow »

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: November 22, 2012, 07:19:18 pm »

Tide : If Brewmaster's going Assault Cuirass then it must be good! Who needs a Mek anyway?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: November 22, 2012, 07:22:35 pm »

If you are in desperate need of pushing, a Battlefury isn't the most ideal of choices. It'll do the job though.

I would have recommended a Mjolnir or the lesser version of it instead. If you're super rich, a Radiance would work too, though that probably wasn't possible in that game. You guys also got two Assault Cuirasses, which is quite a waste. A Shiva's Guard instead of one of them would have also helped deal with the masses of clones.

At least you guys adapted to the situation, which is good play.

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: November 23, 2012, 05:56:00 am »

I have 4 invites to this for anyone that wants one. Just add me on Steam with a message saying you're after one and I'll sort it this evening after work. My ID is Briggsy2004

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: November 23, 2012, 02:37:15 pm »

*sigh* Ta pretty much the new morph every game has her not sure what you could to stop it to.

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

ukulele

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: November 23, 2012, 02:50:19 pm »

You basically have to shutdown TA on the begining as was the lycan before, dual lane mid with a venomancer if nescesary. But one it gets out of hand you are preatty much done.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: November 23, 2012, 03:57:57 pm »

no I mean so she does not get pick  :P
and I mean in competitive games

Edit: she not as bad as sven he need a nerf really bad 16 armor with warcry to let your creep tank the tower and you 70% cleave to just 1 hit everyone.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2012, 06:52:37 pm by Alkhemia »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: November 23, 2012, 08:04:27 pm »

It's a bad habit to rely on calling a hero overpowered as a crutch. You don't want this to end up like LoL do you, where a popular hero gets nerfed to oblivion because people collectively scream OP too much. Look at her winrate, it's pretty normal.

TA has always been like this. Dealing with her requires two steps at all times.

1. Invisibility detection. If you don't have this, you can't stop her. It's impossible. It's like trying to stop Riki without invis detection. If you don't have some way to get this before she gets fed like... I dunno... Pudge with 16 kills before 30 minutes. Then you're going to be dealing with something equal to Pudge with 16 kills even if you get invis detection. Hell, i think Pudge is worse, because he's tanky as hell. Getting invis detection when she's already fed might be too late, though you never know.

2. A method to remove refraction. This one is up to your imagination. Last resort of hitting her seems to work. She has paper HP underneath that, which is why she relies on her invisibility. It takes some practice and creativity, but it's not impossible. If you can kill Pudge with 16 kills at minute 30, you can kill a TA no problem.

Just cover those two bases and you're set. Also, you need to identify if you lost explicitly because it was TA or if you would have lost if it was because your own play was terrible and the TA could have been played by Pugna and you'd still have lost. Because in that case, no amount of explicit counters can help you.

Sven isn't bad either. He only seems scary because of his ult. That's it. He's absolutely useless except at running away without his ult. So if you have some way to stop him during God's Strength, preferably something that can break BKB, then you're set. Even his stun is kinda meh. This can mean baiting him into using it, using heroes like Enigma or Bane that can CC through BKB, etc. Use some creativity. One popular method is to bait Sven into stunning you, then watching him activate God's Strength and running in before you turn on Ghost Sceptre. Now he's completely boned. Also, Sven is relatively squishy for a strength hero and he normally gets mask of madness, so you do even more damage to him.

All that being said, it can be very tough to fight these guys and if you wait too long to counter them then you'll never be able to stop them. But that's how Dota is. In Dota, the carries can actually carry the day if you leave them to their own devices.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: November 23, 2012, 08:24:56 pm »

I'm not talking about at pub level the play style and thinking are not the same. You don't have a sven in a tri-lane in pubs or people playing as a team.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: November 23, 2012, 08:28:36 pm »

Surely if Sven and TA were completely OP then either they get banned or first pick will be one of the two and then second pick is the other one.

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: November 23, 2012, 08:43:16 pm »

Surely if Sven and TA were completely OP then either they get banned or first pick will be one of the two and then second pick is the other one.
They do Ta is a first pick or ban every game pretty much and you only get 2 ban now before the first pick phase and taking out bounty hunter or dark seer and batman is of more priority then the carrys I dread when Bradwarden and drow get in cm there a reason there not in cm yet.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: November 23, 2012, 08:49:57 pm »

Sorry for my broken logic; I'm not very clever.

Bradwarden and Drow will be cool in CM as it will add to the choice of powerful heroes you can use?

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: November 23, 2012, 08:55:38 pm »

Icefrog has not put them in to cm because he need to see in what way they need to be change do to them being so strong same for silencer

Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 246