Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: EYE... just WOW really REALLY awesome game  (Read 2447 times)

alexpoysky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
EYE... just WOW really REALLY awesome game
« on: August 04, 2011, 09:37:23 am »

I know I normally write a small blurb about a game once a month or so (spaz, infested planet, etc) but this... I can't. Just go play, now.

As homer would put it. can't talk, playing.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=89960.0 here is a link to the REAL post, sorry about double posting

now go on, get it!

EDIT : Look, me and hemmingjay got sidetracked and started bickering over something silly, I admit that I was aware of the existance of a different post about the same game, I just normally post an indie game a month or so and didn't want to run afoul of that. That having been said, check out the OTHER post on the same game for more info.

AS for my opinion, jesus christ you need to play this game it is coop goodness. We HAVE to form some sort of bay12 clan or server and all play there.

Anyways, HEMMINGJAY, you are a decent guy, and I don't like acting like a prick, I was just kidding around about the stalking thing, and initially sent it to your email on accident (my damn man sized fingers are WAAAAY too big for this galaxy keyboard made for infants or rhesus monkeys.). When you responded I just played along with the stupid joke, as I am on a 24 hour shift and was bored out of my mind.

No need to blow this out of proportion or anything!
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 11:02:44 am by alexpoysky »
Poysky Productions

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: EYE... just WOW really REALLY awesome game
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2011, 09:48:18 am »

Nice.  I just started playing that yesterday. (Because Age of Wonders Shadow Magic doesn't seem to be working on my computer :( ).

Its pretty confusing at the start, but its been pretty fun so far.  I started a fast-ninja kind of character with only a sword as a weapon.  It worked great on the first set of enemies, but then I got riddled with bullets from looters in the sewers after I slipped and fell in the water.  Haha!
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:37:45 am by Levi »
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2011, 09:49:07 am »

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2011, 10:36:10 am »

Alex, I have a hard time figuring out your motivations on the board here. You consistently disregard other, often thorough, topics to present your own on the subject frequently citing yourself as a friend of the dev. You also post much less informative links than the originals. Help me understand your angle here.

also, skacky.net is not the homepage, it appears to be the homepage of a map maker who worked on the project and strangely enough he even has links to the actual homepage listed.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 10:38:19 am by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2011, 11:47:55 am »

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 12:24:07 pm »

To be fair, "E.Y.E" isn't the most intuitive thing to search for, and most of his other OP's have had a lot more detail and been pretty interesting looking games(to me anyway).
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 01:15:41 pm »

I don't think you have to search much when it's on the first/second page. Plus you can search for EYE or divine cybermancy and it -will- show up in the search. If he had tried he would have found it.

My theory is that Alex likes being yelled at. It has happened in every topic he cloned..

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 03:27:29 pm »

wow, another thread already?
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 06:17:36 pm »

EDITED: In the interest of peace and not being such an asshat, I removed my comments and anything that Alex might not want up.

« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:30:21 pm by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2011, 06:32:09 pm »

Ooooh, virtual stalking, so very dangerous.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2011, 06:49:11 pm »

I, on the other hand, am stalking Alex.  Seriously.

Maybe the dude doesn't browse the forums much, but wanted to chat about a cool game.  It's annoying when someone doesn't search, but it's not as if any harm has been done.

As an aside, it's generally considered impolite to post someone elses email address on a forum.  Spambots and crawlers abound, so it would be nice if you could edit that out hemmingjay.  Posting private communications isn't the most classy of actions either.

Peace :)
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Stworca

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron Tad
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2011, 06:50:37 pm »

Private mail posting

No offense, good sir, but..
The point of your post was, what exactly?

Every one of you has to go and kill some elves in DF. No fighting on the forum
I just ramble incoherently for absolutely no reason.

Saint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2011, 07:05:00 pm »

Private mail posting

No offense, good sir, but..
The point of your post was, what exactly?

Every one of you has to go and kill some elves in DF. No fighting on the forum

how is hemmingjay fighting?
He's stating that alex is being a completely unthinking poster and because hemmingjay posted in his thread he thinks he's stalking him, that's just completely rude and stupid.
Hazordhu 2: Dwarven recruits wanted!
You should all be ashamed of yourselves.  The obvious solution is to chain the baby up at the entrance as a kobold detector.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 07:12:57 pm »

How about we keep this from being a silly fight and go post in the original EYE thread instead?

Duuvian

• Bay Watcher
  • Internet ≠ Real Life
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2011, 03:20:52 am »

This sounds like an honest mistake blown out of proportion. I'm sure Alex was only trying to share something cool with us, although I'm not sure what made him think someone was stalking him. Also it probably should have been handled better via pm.

Just my 2 cents though, that there isn't really a problem and no one made any terrible mistakes
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 03:23:53 am by Duuvian »
FINISHED original composition:
https://app.box.com/s/jq526ppvri67astrc23bwvgrkxaicedj

Sort of finished and awaiting remix due to loss of most recent song file before addition of drums:
https://www.box.com/s/s3oba05kh8mfi3sorjm0 <-zguit
Pages: [1] 2