Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: You are the Leader of a Nation!  (Read 7058 times)

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
Re: You are the Leader of a Nation!
« Reply #60 on: August 04, 2011, 03:04:21 pm »

What, no empowering propaganda, like saying they'll learn technical skills in the army?

They shall know the undistorted truth
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 04, 2011, 03:04:45 pm »

Standing Army, Though a bit of propaganda to boost recruitment rates is always good ;)

We shall be a benevolent dictatorship, we shall place the needs of our citizens first!
No to propaganda!
Yeah! Benevolent dictatorship *wink*. And no propoganda, just patriotic movies and government-run news channels.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 04, 2011, 03:06:11 pm »

Standing Army, Though a bit of propaganda to boost recruitment rates is always good ;)

We shall be a benevolent dictatorship, we shall place the needs of our citizens first!
No to propaganda!
Yeah! Benevolent dictatorship *wink*. And no propoganda, just patriotic movies and government-run news channels.
We'll run the news channel like the BBC :D
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 04, 2011, 03:09:52 pm »

No to propaganda!
We'll run the news channel like the BBC :D

Do I smell
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 04, 2011, 03:12:19 pm »

Nope.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 04, 2011, 03:12:27 pm »

I don't think that an army would help us much with only 15,000 people. I vote that we get a small police force (standing, but civilian) and focus on economic strength. I also advocate creation of a great news channel that all the other countries will watch (not actually propaganda or anything, just a good tv channel like the BBC) to help improve the relations with other countries. This could also employ a few people in our nation and stuff. If we spent the money for a standing army only partially on actual fighters, we could get a lot of great public works for a good economic/cultural/political foundation.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 04, 2011, 03:16:28 pm »

Well, we could use the army's engineers and construction workers. One brigade worth of troops is enough.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 04, 2011, 03:18:19 pm »

If everything is to scale, how big is the nation?
15,000 people is a tiny amount.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 04, 2011, 03:19:41 pm »

Exactly. With that few people about the only thing we can do is capture some niche market. I said news because other people were discussing it, but it seems like an ok market. We could be the information country.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 04, 2011, 04:10:09 pm »

I don't think news'll work. Sweatshops might, except we only have 15,000 people. If we build good enough schools, students from other countries should come to us. That should boost our economy and net us some smart guys. Of course, we can't neglect our own people - we have to somehow mandate some part of the child population to go to school. The other part can be working with their mama and papa in the sweatshop making shoes and pencils. Perhaps all children too young to work go to school, and then have the option of remaining in school or working? To tempt 'em into staying, we better pay them for attending school. And produce propaganda praising education. Pay should mostly be free, low quality food, but some cash should also be included. That way kids can spend it on whatever they want, sort of. Hmm... should we reward good grades with money? It's a cruel practice, but it might be effective.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 04, 2011, 04:11:37 pm »

We might want to avoid anything that'll abuse worker's rights, and thus get the USSR onto our case...

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 04, 2011, 04:19:55 pm »

We will draft our military.

BUT we will also have a secret police, which acts as a "standing military" but works within the civilian sector by day. We must keep dissent down, how else will we continue to achieve our benevolent goals?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 04, 2011, 04:26:22 pm »

I definitely like the idea of founding a university for our youth. We need some sort of ace in this tough world.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 04, 2011, 05:43:01 pm »

It has been decided that we will draft an army in times of war, the citizens are somewhat unhappy by this. A small group of men are formed to protect you at all costs, due to the lack of any qualified general's their training is poor but they should do for now.

Government officials have been appointed, and we are ready to follow any orders you provide. We currently have a small amount of factories and farms, I suggest we build more. Many intellectuals are demanding schools are built, but we would have to import qualified teachers from other countries.

Treasury

Population

Availabe Buildings

Current Buildings
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 04, 2011, 05:45:08 pm »

Build fifteen schools, ten factories and 50 farms.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6