Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: You are the Leader of a Nation!  (Read 7059 times)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
You are the Leader of a Nation!
« on: August 03, 2011, 11:24:56 pm »

After the people of your country decided to overthrow their government after World War II, they decided to follow you. You are now a leader of a newborn nation! There are many challenges to face, will you give your people freedom to make their own choices? Or will you make the important choices for them? Will you create a unstoppable army and destroy your enemies? Or will you peacefully resolve your conflicts? These choices and many more will be availabe to you!

But first thing's first, what form of government do you wish to follow?

Forms of Government
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

And lastly, what will be the name of your new nation?

Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Your drunk posts continue to baffle me.
Welcome to Reality.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
Re: You are the Leader of a Nation!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 11:31:34 pm »

Autocracy Aubviously

I'll let someone else pick a name >_>
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 11:35:46 pm by thatkid »
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
  • HEY! LISTEN! HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 11:38:55 pm »

I vote that it is an island nation like japan or new zealand. No ideas on the name though.
Flooding the area with magma removes blood, dust, vomit, goo, mud, and dwarves.
Also, I'm composing digital music over in the Forum Games part of the forums!

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 11:39:28 pm »

I vote that it is an island nation like japan or new zealand. No ideas on the name though.
So i'll mark that down as a vote for a monarchy then.
Well, you do have a busy life, what with keeping tabs on wild, rough-and-tumble forum members while sorting out the drama between your twenty two inner lesbians.
Welcome to Reality.

King_of_the_weasels

• Bay Watcher
  • My own avatar creeps me out.
    • View Profile
    • Not even internet famous
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 11:41:10 pm »

Republic, it's what the Jedi's would want.
Slacker an illustrated story. Actually updated!?

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 11:45:45 pm »

No no no, I just want our nation to be on an island. My preference on government is not a republic or communist, but I'm cool with anything else. (negative vote? whatever)

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 11:46:45 pm »

No no no, I just want our nation to be on an island. My preference on government is not a republic or communist, but I'm cool with anything else. (negative vote? whatever)
Ah okay, I was planning just to have a country in eastern europe but if enough people want an Island country i'll make it so.
Welcome to Reality.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 11:46:56 pm »

Call ourselves a republic or democracy (or both), and then fix all of our elections. Also important to seem nice and resolve all our conflicts peacefully... until we're ready to pounce, that is. Even volunteer to help our "allies" every now and again. And keep our plans for global conquest as secret and surprising as possible.

Our country's name should be inconspicuous yet friendly... like Coland. Is that a good name? I have no idea. I am no name expert.

Anyway I see a potential problem. So long as one invests correctly, there is never a need to start conflicts and therefore no way to lose.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2011, 11:58:22 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 11:47:48 pm »

Call ourselves a republic or democracy (or both), and then fix all of our elections. Also important to seem nice and resolve all our conflicts peacefully... until we're ready to pounce, that is. And keep our plans for global conquest as secret and surprising as possible.

Our country's name is... dang I'll be back with this one.
So an autocracy that calls itself a republic/democracy?
I prefer a brutal, authoritative regime that brainwashes the populace but this works too.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 11:48:39 pm »

Call ourselves a republic or democracy (or both), and then fix all of our elections. Also important to seem nice and resolve all our conflicts peacefully... until we're ready to pounce, that is. And keep our plans for global conquest as secret and surprising as possible.

I prefer a brutal, authoritative regime that brainwashes the populace but this works too.
The problem with that is other countries will join forces to destroy your country *cough* Germany *cough*
Welcome to Reality.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 11:52:08 pm »

The problem with that is other countries will join forces to destroy your country *cough* Germany *cough*
So soon after WWII? No, not unless we expand.
Coming off of such a brutal war, the populaces of the various countries will be war-wary and unwilling to enter major conflict a third time around. We'll be able to get away with our crap for quite some time. I mean, nobody even really bothered to start fighting Germany until after they had already made it to France. Most of the world didn't find out about human rights atrocities until after the war.

And it's not like our brutal regime is racist. We beat down and brainwash all peoples, regardless of gender, race, religion, or creed.

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 11:53:09 pm »

Coming off of such a brutal war, the populaces of the various countries will be war-wary and unwilling to enter major conflict a third time around. We'll be able to get away with our crap for quite some time. I mean, nobody even really bothered to start fighting Germany until after they had already made it to France. Most of the world didn't find out about human rights atrocities until after the war.
Well I meant in more of a longterm thing, obviously not right away.
Welcome to Reality.

mr. macduggan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 11:59:18 pm »

We could be a fervent religious country who worships some wacky god, and the leader would be the pope-like prophet. That combines the best parts of brainwashing ( if you choose the right god ) and dictatorship ( you have complete control ) while still seeming fairly innocent to the surrounding nations.

Or we could just pull the same strategy I use in civilization games. Get super high tech stuff fast, and use it to entertain the populace. Our propaganda movies and such could make our nation into George Orwell's nightmare.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:01:54 am by mr. macduggan »

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2011, 12:01:34 am »

Well I meant in more of a longterm thing, obviously not right away.
Thus is our master plan.
By the time people start to care it will be the 20th century and nobody will actually care.

Nation Name suggestion: Democratic People's Republic of Korea

Bdthemag

• Bay Watcher
  • Die Wacht am Rhein
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2011, 12:03:15 am »

No existing countries, your not in anyway related to any of the major powers. Since your becoming your own major power.
Welcome to Reality.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6