Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Gah Fuck, so many tigermen wat do?  (Read 730 times)

CT

• Bay Watcher
  • Gah zombies!!
    • View Profile
Gah Fuck, so many tigermen wat do?
« on: August 03, 2011, 10:16:05 pm »

So many hang on let me count.....55...55 tigermen wanting to Have so much !!FUN!! that my head explodes...suggestions? I have 89 dwarves, no magma (yet), and only 6 soldiers. The only good thing is that they cant get to my dwarfs due to a moat. Tips, suggestions, way to go out like a boss dorf
No, yep. That's what I meant too. I want to come out of the theater completely fucked up for weeks.

IT 000

• Bay Watcher
  • Strange Mood
    • View Profile
Re: Gah Fuck, so many tigermen wat do?
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 10:20:47 pm »

Well you could let them go (They drink ale! Why would anything undwarvenly drink ale?) Or you could set up an arena and release one of them at a time for training.

***CORROSION v2.14***
<<<More Than Just Zombies>>>
Back from the Dead!

crekit

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't know what he's talking about.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 10:34:26 pm »

I think he meant outside his fortress, looking at him with blood in their eyes. Wanting to steal all his ale. And socks.

They are safely over the moat, yes?

Train your new marksdwarves that you should recruit right now.
<-- Has no idea what just happened.

He likes gold, native gold, trees that are made of gold, and tungsten. He likes cats for their haunting meows. He needs dwarf fortress to get through the working day. When possible, prefers to consume Potatoes, cheese, cow milk. Absolutely detests elves. And spiders.

Samrobot

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill it! Burn it! Just make sure it's dead!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 10:56:21 pm »

Do what I do with my troglodytes. Capture them, train them, have them run for mayor.
Dwarf Fortress: we take assisted suicide of minors very seriously!

Corneria

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN:ACCEPTABLE][TRESPASSING:SHUN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 11:04:26 pm »

Build a long path of cages for them. Build a bridge over the moat to them. Let them all cage themselves.
Oh yeah: Nazis.  Now I lost the argument.  So you can't argue with me anymore.  Nyah.

Agent_Irons

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2011, 12:18:40 am »

Train your new marksdwarves that you should recruit right now.

Plink plonk. If they're not fully armored over every square inch of their body, shredding the exposed parts with inexperienced but relentless archer fire is the way to go.

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2011, 12:47:04 am »

20 relatively unexperienced marksdwarves with wooden bolts on ramparts > 30 elephant-riding iron-wielding Ferric Elves who can't get to them.

:D
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !

CriticallyAshamed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2011, 12:52:37 am »

At least until they run out of bolts and then decide to stare the elves to death. It's an even 50/50 of who dies of old age first in that one.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2011, 01:12:21 am »

Actually it's not, assuming the ferric elves are still an immortal race.

Sounds like he's playing fortress defense mod... Capturing them is possible and probably preferable to permitting your dwarves go topside to clean up any fragment of the mess (there's always another siege...) Taming/Training them isn't, however, because they're civilized.
Dig a tunnel of cage traps connected to your entrance, and force them to loop through that to get to your dwarves. All the while permitting marksdwarves to fire on them from above, if at all possible. Then I'd set their cages up in a huge room downstairs, mark them for dumping (d>b>d) to disarm them, and then let the marksdwarves fire on them from above, again, until they're sufficiently few that the melee dwarves can get some practice.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.