Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cage traps lock game in adventure mode  (Read 859 times)

Abyssal Squid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Cage traps lock game in adventure mode
« on: October 26, 2006, 06:10:00 pm »

Getting caught by a cage trap in adventure mode doesn't do anything fancy, it just causes the game to freeze.  I suppose that'll keep you from running around and looting the abandoned fortress, but it makes things a little bit more inconvenient than they need to be.  I think making them work as stonefall traps in adventure mode would be an okay stopgap.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cage traps lock game in adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2006, 12:22:00 pm »

I'd think a cage trap would end the game unless your adventurer had a friend who could release them or another way of getting out.
We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Angela Christine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 09:27:00 pm »

You should really be able to break out of a wooden cage if you have an axe or other good quality weapon  Even with a knife you ought to eventually be able to saw your way out.

Of course that would apply to all those goblins and kobolds you catch in fortress mode too, unless you had some way of disarming prisoners.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2006, 07:23:00 pm »

Yeah, until we have reasonable behaviors from lockpicking to intelligent friends, I suppose it can stop the freeze and just say "press escape and select starve to death" or something.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!