Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Crocodile Dundee challenge!  (Read 2817 times)

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
Crocodile Dundee challenge!
« on: August 03, 2011, 10:56:47 am »

Crocodile Dundee challenge!

- You must embark with enough cave crocodiles to start a breeding operation. From that point you are reliant on breeding and trading new crocodiles for defense.
- You can't have any traps. Not even cage traps to catch other crocodiles.
- Your army is only allowed to use looted knifes/hands and leather armor. Because you are the CCD: crocodile dundee dwarves.
- You are not allowed to use feminine cloaks or actor face diminishing helms. However leather caps count as hats, and any hats you may procure through modding of trading are good to go.
- Bone armor is disallowed.
- Extra points for leather caps/hats adorned with crocodile bone. Same for necklaces. (Dorfmanly bonus +1)
- Walling in is prohibited.
- Leather crafting is dorfmanly and is suggested as a main trade income. So is bone crafting.

Is there a way to mod so that Medical Dwarves will diagnose and heal pets?

Quote from: Syndic
Sentry towers, manned by orang-utangs./quote]

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
  • Detests !!Caravans!! for their terrifing antics.
    • View Profile
Re: Crocodile Dundee challenge!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2011, 12:47:39 pm »

you could make the pets part of your civ. that should work,only problem is that dwarves will probably start breeding with the crocs.
Currently I have "The Breached Anus of brides"  sounds like a disastrous honey moon.
Exactly. Ethics in DF are very realistic - trivial and pointlessly selectively ex/inclusive.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2011, 01:28:08 pm »

Wheres the problem? Your sentence seems to imply there is a problem.

Can you give me the rundown on how to do that which is not a problem?

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2011, 01:39:45 pm »

I Like your attitude  :D

You move the tokens, description etc for a dwarf down to the male dwarf and to the female dwarf caste. you then create 2 new castes consisting of a male and female cave croc , If you put the [BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS] at the creature level the crocs will grow beards , if you add [INTELLIGENT] then you can assign them labours.

more info can be found here http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=89447.0

we've got a working template now so I'll just post some raws in a few mins in case my rather lame explanation and demented thread don't help.
Currently I have "The Breached Anus of brides"  sounds like a disastrous honey moon.
Exactly. Ethics in DF are very realistic - trivial and pointlessly selectively ex/inclusive.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2011, 01:43:45 pm »

[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS] at the creature level the crocs will grow beards
[BODY_DETAIL_PLAN:FACIAL_HAIR_TISSUE_LAYERS] at the creature level the crocs will grow beards

Pending...

[WIN_CONDITION_FOUND]

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2011, 01:46:12 pm »

ive started this challenge, progressing so far with a huge amount of next boxes outside my entrance and I made a world with 3000 embark points so I could bring the normal, default starting package with 4 female cave crocodiles and 2 male.

I've forbidden the croc eggs

when should i expect the first babies

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2011, 01:48:48 pm »

I'm afraid it will need a world gen. and the crocs will need to marry before they breed..

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2011, 01:50:13 pm »

I agree. Sex out of marriage is not okay with Armok.

First hatchlings are out!

holy mother of armok, i just got 21 of them

Lezard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2011, 01:52:33 pm »

I agree. Sex Bestiality out of marriage is not okay with Armok.

First hatchlings are out!

FTFY

congratulations on the hatchings, dwarf or croc ?

Mickey Blue

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2011, 01:54:25 pm »

Hmm, seeing as I just failed the cave challenge this may be fun.  Two questions..

1) Given that there is no dungeon master right now can you tame cave crocs without modding?

2) Any tips on figuring out where they live? I know they live in caverns but do they prefer any specific biomes? I found one during my cave challenge but only one, after I killed it I never saw any others and I saw many, many monsters while I lived down there.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2011, 02:09:04 pm »

I use LNP, so I just went with cave crocodiles. They are EXOTIC pet, and thus are intended to be pettable, and dungeon master not working is just a bug. So doesn't compeletely "cave-in" balance,.

Berserkenstein

• Bay Watcher
  • A giant humanoid monster with the head of a bull.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2011, 02:24:22 pm »

Hmm, seeing as I just failed the cave challenge this may be fun.  Two questions..

1) Given that there is no dungeon master right now can you tame cave crocs without modding?

2) Any tips on figuring out where they live? I know they live in caverns but do they prefer any specific biomes? I found one during my cave challenge but only one, after I killed it I never saw any others and I saw many, many monsters while I lived down there.

1) You can have exotic pets without modding, but you have to get lucky and buy them already tamed from elven traders.

2) Cave crocs will spawn in any cavern with water, but only about 1-3 per group and there are a lot more cavern monsters that are more likely to spawn.

I also think crocodile dundee would raise saltwater crocs instead of cave crocs.  Saltwater Crocodiles spawn in tropical swamp and marsh biomes or mangrove swamps.
Crocodiles are crazy lucrative because their meat and bones have a 4x value modifier and they lay 20-70 eggs at a time. 
I'm sure having hundreds of crocodiles after a few years might hurt your framerate if you don't have enough butchers.

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2011, 02:27:46 pm »

you just make your kitchen prepare delicious crocodile eggs nonstop to stop crocsplosion

simonthedwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • ¤Death¤
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2011, 02:55:51 pm »

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Crustypeanut

• Bay Watcher
  • Ph.Dwarf & Practitioner of ‼MEDICINE‼
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2011, 03:17:02 pm »

you could make the pets part of your civ. that should work,only problem is that dwarves will probably start breeding with the crocs.

Dude! Great idea.. we gotta add CrocDwarves to our mod!
Specialsurprise - a Tale of ‼Medicine‼ and ‼Science‼ !
Pages: [1] 2