Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43

Author Topic: Diablo III and Why You Shouldn't Buy It  (Read 55761 times)

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
Re: Diablo III and Why You Shouldn't Buy It
« Reply #435 on: March 16, 2012, 09:26:04 am »

Diablo 3 will give you cancer. Don't buy it.

Kilroy the Grand

• Bay Watcher
  • I only want to give you a small kiss
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: March 16, 2012, 09:58:38 am »

I'm still waiting for ghost, should be out any time now.
*pew* *blam* "Aughgghggurglegurgle..." *slither* *slither* *pit* *pat* *tap* *click-click* *BOOM* "Aiiieeegurgle gurgle..."
X-com meets Dwarf Fortress

Wravburn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: March 16, 2012, 11:44:57 am »

Diablo 3 will give you cancer. Don't buy it.

No no, that's disagreeing with someone.
League of Legends
EU-west: Wash

Niveras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: March 16, 2012, 08:05:21 pm »

Dear god don't buy this game.Don't allow the hype to get to you FFS.Trust me on this you people will hate it once its released and stumble on the plethora of problems its going to have.Don't trust game reviewers either because they are PAID to give favorable reviews to some games.There are rare times when you find sincere reviewers

With all due respect, Blizzard has an excellent track record of putting out high quality games. The quality of the game itself is unlikely to be a black mark against it.

Keep in mind that, with very few exceptions (e.g. Christ Metzen), the people making D3 are not the same people who made D2. In fact, the whole reason that Blizzard North closed down and the team split into various other studios (to varying degrees of success) was because Blizzard Entertainment's parent company didn't like where the team that made D2 was going with D3. Maybe it was just not shaping up (a good portion of the team had left prior to the studio being closed because of other disagreements with Vivendi, and D2 itself was such a riddled mess of broken mechanics), maybe Vivendi thought they could exploit the franchise beyond a simple sequel.

I don't know how much of a similar thing may have happened with Starcraft/Starcraft 2. It just seems to me the first thing a publisher/developer tries to do, once they realize they have their hands on a successful franchise, is milk it for all they can. (I may have said that verbatim in the other D3 thread.)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: March 17, 2012, 12:32:07 am »

Dear god don't buy this game.Don't allow the hype to get to you FFS.Trust me on this you people will hate it once its released and stumble on the plethora of problems its going to have.Don't trust game reviewers either because they are PAID to give favorable reviews to some games.There are rare times when you find sincere reviewers
Uh, okay. Do you have any counterhype or unpaid reviewers or something to convince you it's bad? Where are you hearing about these problems it's going to have?

I don't know how much of a similar thing may have happened with Starcraft/Starcraft 2. It just seems to me the first thing a publisher/developer tries to do, once they realize they have their hands on a successful franchise, is milk it for all they can. (I may have said that verbatim in the other D3 thread.)
SC2 is quite good. There's a handful of issues that might have been due to corporate incompetence or whatever, but aside from the online part (which there are some benign arguments for, at least from a developer standpoint) there's nothing I would really point to and say "Man, a good game company would never have done that."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: March 17, 2012, 12:57:46 am »

Yeah, I'm curious where you're getting this list of biased reviews and problems with a game that doesn't exist yet. Can I see this list? Or have you played beta, and seen the problems there? Know someone who's played?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 17, 2013, 09:12:04 pm »

Bumping this because Blizzard just announced that the Diablo 3 Auction House, both real money and in-game cash, is going to be going away ENTIRELY. Starting sometime in 2014, it's just gone.

Forgive me while I crow "HAHA YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS, NEXT TIME LISTEN TO US INSTEAD OF YOUR GREED!"
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: September 17, 2013, 09:32:47 pm »

Interesting.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #443 on: September 17, 2013, 09:35:41 pm »

Bumping this because Blizzard just announced that the Diablo 3 Auction House, both real money and in-game cash, is going to be going away ENTIRELY. Starting sometime in 2014, it's just gone.

Forgive me while I crow "HAHA YOU STUPID MOTHERFUCKERS, NEXT TIME LISTEN TO US INSTEAD OF YOUR GREED!"
Seeing as I never used it even once, I don't really care. I enjoyed the game and played it with some friends for several dozen hours, maxxed out two characters. I got my entertainment out of it and still go back sometimes for zombie stomping.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 17, 2013, 10:35:54 pm »

I'd have preferred they left the gold one in. At least that way there was a hypothetical chance I could trade some gear. I refuse to waste time spamming chats or forums, so unless their new loot system literally rains upgrades constantly, it's a downer for me.

I don't understand what is so amazing about WUW? WUG? lolno! for hours on end?
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 17, 2013, 11:51:09 pm »

The problem is that they made the Auction often... somewhat necessary to play through the later parts of the game at a reasonable click because it is more then possible to be too far behind in gear.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: September 18, 2013, 01:30:43 am »

Hahahahaha.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Bormok, God of Mud

• Bay Watcher
  • Cousin of Armok
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: September 18, 2013, 01:48:08 am »

I'd have preferred they left the gold one in. At least that way there was a hypothetical chance I could trade some gear. I refuse to waste time spamming chats or forums, so unless their new loot system literally rains upgrades constantly, it's a downer for me.
They are working on overhauling the loot system to compensate for the lack of an auction house.

I guess we'll see how well it will work.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 18, 2013, 02:37:28 am »

I bought this game over a year ago, for my birthday.
I played it maybe 2 weeks, and got into another game.
A few week later I decided to give Diablo III another go.

But alas, my account was blocked and disabled due to 'suspicious activity'.
The only way they want to re-open it for me, is when I send them a copy of my passport.
Which is against the law where I come from. Passport is government property, and I am not allowed to put a digital copy on the internet. ( Dutch law ).

FUCK BLIZZARD I WANT MY MONEY, OR MY ACCOUNT BACK
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

ank

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 18, 2013, 03:03:37 am »

Really?
Usually they just ask for you CD-key and secret question.

I would NEVER send a copy of my passport to a gaming company.

But look on the bright side, D3 is terrible anyways, so they might be doing you a favour.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 43