Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43

Author Topic: Diablo III and Why You Shouldn't Buy It  (Read 55894 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo III and Why You Shouldn't Buy It
« Reply #285 on: August 18, 2011, 05:26:54 pm »

I'm appalled by how many people in this thread act like they are entitled to this game and it should be exactly like they want. I don't feel like digging back through 18 pages to pick them out but you know who you are. If you don't like how the game works or how it is going to be run, then don't buy it. You can voice your opinion, but don't start bitching and try to drum up a lynch mob because they didn't make it according to your every whim. Money speaks louder then words, so if people prove they actually won't buy it when they say so, then the companies will have to reconsider how they do things or risk losing business. And if it doesn't work out, then find a different hobby.

You do not have a right to everything!

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: August 18, 2011, 05:33:11 pm »

If you don't like how the game works or how it is going to be run, then don't buy it.

I don't feel like digging back through 18 pages

I have a problem with you, man. It's not that you did not read through 18 pages of the thread. It's that you didn't even read the title

Hint: here it is:
Diablo III and Why You Shouldn't Buy It
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: August 18, 2011, 06:39:44 pm »

If you don't like how the game works or how it is going to be run, then don't buy it.

I don't feel like digging back through 18 pages

I have a problem with you, man. It's not that you did not read through 18 pages of the thread. It's that you didn't even read the title

Hint: here it is:
Diablo III and Why You Shouldn't Buy It
My statement was directed at those who spoke with a sense of entitlement.

I'm appalled by how many people in this thread act like they are entitled to this game and it should be exactly like they want.
See? Though, perhaps I exaggerated when I said "many", because Realmfighter was my primary target with that statement.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 06:44:07 pm by Lagslayer »

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: August 18, 2011, 06:47:41 pm »

See? Though, perhaps I exaggerated when I said "many", because Realmfighter was my primary target with that statement.
I AM LEGION

I'm not raging at the game specifically, just the pointless DRM that does nothing positive and detracts from the experience. What do you even mean by entitled? That I feel entitled to a good game? Because I don't. I do feel entitled to call something shit if it is in fact shit, but whatever.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 18, 2011, 07:05:54 pm »

So they've confirmed there'll be weekly maintenance for D3?

If you pay 60$ you kind of expect to play it. You can't just say do something else with your time because that's bullshit. Why pay 60$ for a product that you can't play for even an hour over a product that doesn't force you to stop?
The blue part is the important part. Everything else you say just stems off of your sentiment that they "can't" do this.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #290 on: August 18, 2011, 07:11:13 pm »

I'm amused that wanting to play a game we bought at any time equates to a sense of entitlement.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: August 18, 2011, 07:13:39 pm »

I'm amused that wanting to play a game we bought at any time equates to a sense of entitlement.
it's not the "wanting" that is the issue. It's that he said they can't do this, like it's against the rules somehow.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #292 on: August 18, 2011, 07:16:21 pm »

it's not the "wanting" that is the issue. It's that he said they can't do this, like it's against the rules somehow.
No, he said that you can't use 'go do something else while your internet is down' as an argument. He didn't say you cannot go do something else, he said it is a bullshit argument.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: August 18, 2011, 07:23:19 pm »

No, he said that you can't use 'go do something else while your internet is down' as an argument. He didn't say you cannot go do something else, he said it is a bullshit argument.
It's the rules of the game. You knew damn well how it was going to work when you bought the thing, which means it is a good argument.

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: August 18, 2011, 07:26:49 pm »

It's the rules of the game. You knew damn well how it was going to work when you bought the thing, which means it is a good argument.

But the thing is, I didn't. Saying stop bitching, you knew what you where getting into is a poor argument when I've never gotten into it.

I'm saying don't buy it because you play the game at the whims of Blizzard. I'm saying punish Blizzard for such a flagrant consumer rights abuse the only way you can.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: August 18, 2011, 07:42:15 pm »

Are parts of my posts invisible? Some of my points seem to be getting ignored.

It's my fault really, for expecting more from an internet argument.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #296 on: August 18, 2011, 07:46:26 pm »

It's my fault really, for perpetuating an internet argument.
Fix't

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: August 18, 2011, 07:46:39 pm »

More like you are answering to points people did not make in the first place. That or blatant trolling. Or both.

In other order of things, I just began replaying Diablo 1 a bit. One of the main things that was keeping me back was that I did not want to have to kill the same monsters and travel the same stretches of land over and over again. I had forgotten that this annoying feature is exclusive of Diablo 2, not 1 (which featured a proper savegame system).

In fact, I have recalled that it was one of the things that I originally found off-putting when I first played Diablo 2. I'm somewhat surprised by this memory play.

I ought to look into that Diablo 1 mod that some people made for Diablo 2, see if they managed to bring together the best of both games (or the inverse).
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 07:50:39 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: August 18, 2011, 07:54:43 pm »

Alright, how about this. Its bullshit that they expect people to just go do that when they have put down good money for a game and then if something happens to the connection they can't play it. Which i'm thoroughly in agreement with. There is absolutely no reason they can't just make it so that you can use an offline character instead and quite frankly, all of the arguments that have been used to try and justify it have been bullshit.

You say its entitlement? The entertainment industry thrives on trying to meet the needs of the consumer. The second a company goes "fuck you, we're doing what we want" is when we stop paying. That's not entitlement, that's expecting them to know how the industry works and stick to current fucking standards. 
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 07:57:38 pm by dogstile »
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: August 18, 2011, 08:05:09 pm »

It's sort of sad, the more I've heard of Diablo3 or Battlefield3, the less I want to buy them, and I want to buy these games.

Now, I'm not going to say hurr durr boycott, but like CoD:MW2 and SC2 it's probably something that I just won't pick up because there's better things to do with my time than get DRM and shitty propietary software shoved down my throat.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 43