Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43

Author Topic: Diablo III and Why You Shouldn't Buy It  (Read 55862 times)

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Diablo III and Why You Shouldn't Buy It
« Reply #225 on: August 18, 2011, 10:39:07 am »

Then you play something else for the hour or so you won't have internet.

Have you ever been in that situation before?

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 18, 2011, 10:56:02 am »

Mostly "Damnit, now I won't get achievements if I keep playing [some steam game and/or xbox 360 game], time to play something that doesn't have any" or "Damnit, now I can't read google news / wikipedia / tvtropes / watch netflix / etc."
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 18, 2011, 10:57:50 am »

Then you play something else for the hour or so you won't have internet.

Have you ever been in that situation before?

I personally would rather not spend money on a game that I can't play.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 18, 2011, 11:45:28 am »

If you regularly have no internet you have a point.

It'll be Blizzard fans buying this, no one has any problems with Starcraft having to be online.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 18, 2011, 11:49:47 am »

If you regularly have no internet you have a point.

I regularly have internet access. It would still be a pain in the ass for me if the game goes down just because I lose wifi signal or some shit like that, therefore the game is worth less to me.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 18, 2011, 11:53:12 am »

Why, do you regularly lose wifi signal?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 18, 2011, 12:01:05 pm »

Lets say that Blizzard fucks up, or your connection fails for what ever reason. The game you payed money for is now no longer playable because Blizzard wants to stop piracy. There was a great article on Blizzard early in the thread that touched on this, and it basically said that by this point you don't own the game, your paying Blizzard for the privilege to play their game, a privilege that Blizzard can take away at their whims (Some people got banned for using cheats in single player)
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 18, 2011, 12:02:38 pm »

How often do the wow servers go down? How often do the starcraft servers go down?

That's right, apart from the maintenance, barely ever.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 18, 2011, 12:04:31 pm »

Lets say that Blizzard fucks up, or your connection fails for what ever reason. The game you payed money for is now no longer playable because Blizzard wants to stop piracy.

If you take them at their word, the reason is even worse than that: They don't want people to get confused when they can't use their single-player characters online. As if it would be very difficult to allow both server-character single-player and local-character single-player.

How often do the wow servers go down? How often do the starcraft servers go down?

That's right, apart from the maintenance, barely ever.

How often did PSN go down before the recent hacking troubles? Not everything is predictable. And why doesn't maintenance count?
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 18, 2011, 12:07:03 pm »

Because it's maintenance..?

That's a completely unpredictable circumstance and one that no one can account for.

People just like to have a bitch fit about something that in reality makes no difference to them, in this day and age, the majority of people have a constant internet connection so there is absolutely no problem here.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 18, 2011, 12:08:09 pm »

Because it's maintenance..?

Valid argument for an on-line game. Poor reason for me not to be able to play a game single-player.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 18, 2011, 12:09:09 pm »

So they've confirmed there'll be weekly maintenance for D3?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 18, 2011, 12:13:26 pm »

So they've confirmed there'll be weekly maintenance for D3?

If you pay 60$ you kind of expect to play it. You can't just say do something else with your time because that's bullshit. Why pay 60$ for a product that you can't play for even an hour over a product that doesn't force you to stop?

Briggsy16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 18, 2011, 12:14:23 pm »

You can play it when you want. As you've said, you have regular internet connection so what is the problem?

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2011, 12:17:28 pm »

What if it goes out? What if I'm traveling? what if Blizzard drops the ball, which is 100% possible?

Why would I play this game, when all these things could happen?
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 43