Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 50112 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #525 on: September 05, 2011, 07:08:17 pm »

Actually they were originally supposed to be our miracle workers, and making them sentient slowly means we can address more pressing issues while still progressing with the ants.
We should ask Bortamn, the god of the unknown to tell us about the purple continent.  After all, it is unknown to us.
Now this seems like a good idea. Peglepengeuin mentioned asking other gods but I forgot most of the pantheon and their "spheres".
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 06, 2011, 02:37:32 am »

Actually they were originally supposed to be our miracle workers, and making them sentient slowly means we can address more pressing issues while still progressing with the ants.
We should ask Bortamn, the god of the unknown to tell us about the purple continent.  After all, it is unknown to us.
Now this seems like a good idea. Peglepengeuin mentioned asking other gods but I forgot most of the pantheon and their "spheres".

We have no idea where Bortamn resides, actually, you didn't even see him at the meeting, then again, he is known for being unknown.
---------------------------------------------

You tell Lef that you'll help with her plants.

"Um...I must decline your offer oh great lord. I do like the offer, but we escali must learn how to do this ourselves. Forgive me, but we do need to learn by ourselves."

(Short turn)
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 03:21:17 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 06, 2011, 03:05:30 am »

I like Lef, she's a real go-getter. 

That's why it makes me somewhat sad to request that her father be assassinated. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 06, 2011, 07:06:51 am »

No father assassination. Things are going well, even with his grumpiness in charge. But I am happy that Lef passed the test that totally tested her with. You know, about learning how to do stuff without help. I'm sure someone suggested doing agriculture with them... I just have no memory of reading the suggestion.

Will come back with a suggestion of what to say to Lef, when I am not in a rush.

I was thinking, Organis spends a ton of time traveling. There has to be a better way. Possibilities include setting up the god equivalent of fiber optic cables around the place and setting up a demi-demi-god that we can act through. That last one has my interest. Not sure how much belief it would cost to set Lef, upon death, to become a floating immortal that our consciousness is connected to. Could perhaps reduce the cost by making her upon near-death take an immortal astral-dream form that can communicate by entering dreams and is connected to our consciousness. To add some cool, we can have her name changed to Lef-escali-suffix. Something like Lefya. Afterwords we can set up an entire hierarchy of essentially escali angels/Lefyians. Higher ups are prophets, lower downs are benevolent and helpful spirits.

"Ah good, so you understand why I gave you seeds and not fully grown grass. I see great potential in the escali, potential that will grow to reality as you work and plan, and even rest. But there are times everyone faces when some assistance is required. Do not be afraid to ask me for assistance through prayer (I assume we can get the prayers of followers?). If I ignore you it means you must work the problem out on your own or with other escali."

...and then I don't know how to end it. Also not sure when to introduce the idea of Lef becoming Lefya. I think we want her alive so she can lead the escali. Alternatively, we can make an Orrlya.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2011, 02:13:44 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 07, 2011, 08:06:04 pm »

I have a vote to assassinate Orrl, and an anti-vote. Please suggest more actions before I resort to actions I skipped over.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 07, 2011, 09:04:26 pm »

I have a vote to assassinate Orrl, and an anti-vote. Please suggest more actions before I resort to actions I skipped over.
I add one to the anti-vote.

We should probably send ourselves to the edge of the atmosphere to observe the purple continent for a bit. Maybe do some of the other things mentioned in the interval. If anything is out of the ordinary from our vantage point over the purple continent we should take time to plan our next move, otherwise we descend and communicate with it.

Abridged:
Observe Purple Continent from edge of atmosphere. Do miscellaneous while observing. If anything interesting happens on it within (Insert 3/4 Turn Time Unit here) we take time to plan our next move, otherwise attempt communication.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 07, 2011, 10:03:57 pm »

We should probably send ourselves to the edge of the atmosphere to observe the purple continent for a bit. Maybe do some of the other things mentioned in the interval. If anything is out of the ordinary from our vantage point over the purple continent we should take time to plan our next move, otherwise we descend and communicate with it.

Abridged:
Observe Purple Continent from edge of atmosphere. Do miscellaneous while observing. If anything interesting happens on it within (Insert 3/4 Turn Time Unit here) we take time to plan our next move, otherwise attempt communication.
Can we sense its aura and see if it's obviously evil or anything like that?
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 08, 2011, 04:47:03 am »

Abridged:
Can we sense its aura and see if it's obviously evil or anything like that?

We don't have that type of ability.
---------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway....

Well, this Lef person was interesting, but it was best if you got back to your goal. Going straight to this "thing" would be foolish...You decide a view from the atmosphere would of be good use. -1000 belief

You look on towards the other hemisphere now...It looks like this.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

(The terrain isn't supposed to make sense. The purple circle was the best I could do in the program. This landmass is pretty much the size of Europe, North America, and South America put together.)

Belief 6316pts
Growth 3613pts
« Last Edit: September 08, 2011, 05:29:05 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 08, 2011, 11:28:11 am »

The Shadow disappeared, right? What if that thing is the Shadow? It could be consuming the continent, like Lavos, from Chrono Trigger consumed the whole planet. We must attempt to communicate with it. Valahun must want to consume us, for sure, and he would use that purple thing as an excuse. We must act with caution.
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 08, 2011, 09:26:42 pm »

Erm...guys?

Do you notice that it kinda looks like an eye?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 15, 2011, 12:08:49 pm »

Erm...guys?

Do you notice that it kinda looks like an eye?

It doesn't look like an eye.
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 15, 2011, 12:51:06 pm »

Yeah, eyes are globes.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 15, 2011, 03:10:13 pm »

Oh good, someones actually posted. Mind posting a suggestion so we can continue on?
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 15, 2011, 04:11:03 pm »

Go to Vahahun. Ask him if he can aid you in your quest and provide something to help you find the purple being. Ask him if there is any extra information he can give you to better prepare you for your quest.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: September 15, 2011, 06:26:20 pm »

Go to Vahahun. Ask him if he can aid you in your quest and provide something to help you find the purple being. Ask him if there is any extra information he can give you to better prepare you for your quest.

I agree.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37