Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 51540 times)

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #480 on: September 02, 2011, 01:28:34 pm »

Rather than fly to the purple mass and risk being caught, destroyed or, even worse, absorbed, we should travel to the Northlands and meet with our friend. Find out what his people have to say about about the world's politics, as a far-away people/land will definitely have a different view of things to give us some perspective. That, and we can make a friend, maybe get some intel.

And watch old episodes of Scrubs together.

We've also neglected the escali. May as well check up on them. First mistake was not getting them their tools, though we can rationalize that as trying to get the escali to learn to do it themselves. They might even come to respect our salutary neglect. They don't love growth and development yet, so it may be worth giving them a treat after working so hard. Make them feel that they earned it, like they made the treat with their own sweat. We can command them to have a Shabbat. In other words, tell them to stop working once a week and gaze at their progress, eat, enjoy the fruits of their labor, and rest. Then again, their diet is limited and not cut out for delicious feasts. We can make seeds for a variety of unique tasty-to-escali plants and give them to the escali to grow. Let's make their first harvest mollusk Shabbat. As a side note, I'm surprised they need weapons.

Edit: We should also fly into space again this week. It should be significantly less expensive than it was last time.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2011, 02:34:30 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 02, 2011, 03:11:12 pm »

We've also neglected the escali. May as well check up on them. First mistake was not getting them their tools, though we can rationalize that as trying to get the escali to learn to do it themselves. They might even come to respect our salutary neglect. They don't love growth and development yet, so it may be worth giving them a treat after working so hard. Make them feel that they earned it, like they made the treat with their own sweat. We can command them to have a Shabbat. In other words, tell them to stop working once a week and gaze at their progress, eat, enjoy the fruits of their labor, and rest. Then again, their diet is limited and not cut out for delicious feasts. We can make seeds for a variety of unique tasty-to-escali plants and give them to the escali to grow. Let's make their first harvest mollusk Shabbat. As a side note, I'm surprised they need weapons.

Edit: We should also fly into space again this week. It should be significantly less expensive than it was last time.
I agree we shouldn't neglect the fruit of our insanity and we've already checked on the Vehna.
[Highlighted specific command parts for Micelus]
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 02, 2011, 04:11:46 pm »

I agree we shouldn't neglect the fruit of our insanity and we've already checked on the Vehna.
[Highlighted specific command parts for Micelus]

I agree. And i suggested before that we should have helped the escali get the materials. If we continue neglecting them, they shall become atheists, and some other god may become their god..
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 03, 2011, 02:43:58 am »

Another week has passed. The grass grows, the seeds are planted, and the whores show off their goods. You decide to travel up to the lands of Dregith, in the north.

You take a detour to space first though. -500 belief

Space is black and cold,and hot. You head back into earth and go to meet your escali. Perhaps they have something new to show you.

You find the escali in the ocean, high above the sea floor traveling along their migration paths to their feeding ground. You appear in Orrl's dreams once again.

He dreams of a green sea, with warm currents and bountiful food. He dreams of being able to rest his old body and watch the currents flow. When he sees you, the dream ends and its back to business.

"Organis? I see that you've decided to come back. Was afraid that you'd abandoned us". He says in a sarcastic tone.

"What do you want now?"

You tell him your new command.

"Resting for a whole day!? Your insane! If we rest for even that long. we'll die! We will not obey any god that makes us do that!"

You decide that you'll need some more encouragement. You conjure up plants tasty to the escali. -1500 belief

You give it to him in his dreams and he devours them. You tell him that the food will be there when he awakes.

"Another bribe "lord Organis"? You should hope that we don't perish in our rest."

You leave his dream and continue to the Northlands.

The journey was what a mortal would call freezing and tiring, but gods don't have the same standards. You arrive at the island as the new week begins.

((Not going with the rest of Ehndra's suggestion. They don't even know you exist, I don't think they'll react well))

Belief 4203pts
Growth 3613pts

Traits
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Followers

Artifacts

Plagues

Leaders

Personifications

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Koliup

• Bay Watcher
  • Vae Victus!
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 03, 2011, 07:12:12 am »

Look around, take notes, and visit your buddy, if possible, ask about his first experiences on the planet.
Then, afflict your(willing) land dwelling servants with a blood borne pathogen(aggressive AIDS?) that mutates them in minor ways, like, for example, green hair, red eyes, elongated ears, pretty much anything that is very minor, and doesn't effect the sufferer too much. Of course, it is passed on through blood, and each generation suffers more than the last, so, a baby whose mother had this, might end up with a third eye, very capable acrobatic build, ghoul style claws instead of fingers/toes, or a mouth full of sharpened to a point teeth. Of course, we're only about as evil as Nurgle, so all mutations would be beneficial in some way. Nothing retarded like no eyes... unless the eyeless dude ends up with ESP.
Next, mutate some of the Escali's food source into a floating, moving, plant sea cucumber cow thing that can survive losing bits of itself, that they can eat.
Then afflict the(willing) Escali with a mutating disease, designed to make them amphibious, over the course of generations(start with giving zeroth generation sufferers armored eyes all over their shell, so they can never be caught unawares). Got to take the mutations with them slowly. A note: willing means you spoke with the follower in their dreams, and asked if they wanted this, a yes means they're afflicted.

Personally, I find we're slacking off on the mutations bit of our portfolio.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 03, 2011, 07:13:03 am »

Scout the island.  After you return, try to increase the escalis' faith in you. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 03, 2011, 11:31:12 am »

Fuck the escali. Seriously. I assume we told them to rest after the tasty grass harvest gave them enough food to rest. They have plenty of time to meet the challenge and enjoy it. Then again, escali are sea Spocks, so they'll probably be complaining the whole time about how this will make stuff harder in the future. A day of rest should not be so terrible considering that plants don't need to be taken care of 24 hours a day. The new tasty grass should also be made refreshing and reinvigorating outside of the dream world. Escali who eat it should also be more productive (until they naturally get tired from working again). Stupid escali and their preference for practicality over luxury! Also, escali don't like mutations. We should not throw such things at the escali. It might also be worth letting Orrl know what we've been doing while we were gone, how we are trying to keep them out of the human conflict, and how what seems like abandonment is an attempt to teach the escali to be self-reliant. Not that they aren't already damn self-reliant. Also that it's dangerous to be all work and no play. As a side note, we can lace the food with be-loyal-to-Organis stuff.

But all that should be saved for when we're done with Dregith and the north. Anyone have any suggestions for more immediate plans?
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 03, 2011, 02:34:32 pm »

I agree with Koliup(except the part of afflicting the escali with a disease) and with Peglegpengeuin
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 03, 2011, 02:39:14 pm »

The Escali believe in us, but do not respect, fear, or worship us.

GIVE THEM TERRIBLE NIGHTMARES FOR ETERNITY
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 03, 2011, 05:24:42 pm »

The Escali believe in us, but do not respect, fear, or worship us.

GIVE THEM TERRIBLE NIGHTMARES FOR ETERNITY

You just had the best idea. However, let's turn that into someone else until we get enough belief to effectively replace the strong belief with masses of moderate belief.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 04, 2011, 02:16:05 am »

Mutate one of the escali to become your avatar, your chosen one, your prophet.  Use this escali Neo to spread the faith, and lead the escali to a golden age. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 04, 2011, 07:42:59 am »

Secretly bait a predator of the Escali to them and then smite it(the predator)
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 04, 2011, 07:44:51 am »

Exactly what is this going to achieve?  How does it benefit Organis or the Escali?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 04, 2011, 07:50:53 am »

Exactly what is this going to achieve?  How does it benefit Organis or the Escali?
It won't piss them off and it shows we can be nice when we want to. As mutating an escali is only likely to piss them off, this is a more immediate possible solution (not saying we shouldn't mutate them, but we should wait until there are more of them).
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 04, 2011, 07:53:09 am »

It won't piss them off and it shows we can be nice when we want to. As mutating an escali is only likely to piss them off, this is a more immediate possible solution (not saying we shouldn't mutate them, but we should wait until there are more of them).

So...killing one of their predators will endear them to us?  If we wanted to be more effective, we should wipe out the entire species of their predators.  At least then the Escali will know that we care about them ( sort of ) and that our power is great. 

But still, is the mutated Escali avatar/prophet/chosen one still a good idea?  It will give them someone to rally around, not to mention provide some good leadership. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 37