Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 51471 times)

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #405 on: August 22, 2011, 06:57:14 am »

A chariot with a water tank attached to the back?
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 22, 2011, 11:03:01 am »

We should make a underwater cavern that leads under the village and make an opening in the ground(in a place that doesn't, somehow, destroy any part of the village) and make your followers understand the language of the Escali and the Escali understand the language of your followers.

Also, we must give the Escali whatever Orrl's daughter wants.
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 22, 2011, 11:41:31 am »

Citizen Orders:

37 farmers - Farm for food and develop the land around the village for colonization
2 blacksmiths - Get to work on forging basic weapons and armor for the clan, selling off whatever we can. Over time, we'll increase in skill and be able to retain higher quality blades and armor.
1 scribe - Have this scribe begin work on simple propaganda, fliers and such, to spread the benevolent word of Organis. This would be best for commoners, as a higher-level skill would be needed to catch the eye of anything more than peasants, and to begin work on a manifesto to bring glory to our name! (In these times, making the entire clan literate would be a waste of time, as none have the time of brainpower to actually learn, unless you want them all to starve. I want to make the manifesto to make our story known, sort of a Bible, Quran, or other holy book, to really solidify Organis in this world.)
5 potters - Have them gather clay and work on pottery with symbols of Organis on them - Wild geometric shapes with symmetries any madman would be euphoric over, and regular folk would be astonished by. Could sell for a nice amount
2 weavers - Have them work on baskets and crafts to use and trade
4 fishermen - Have them work with the Escali to find the best fishing locations, which will give us a competitive edge over other fishermen
3 whores - Ask them sincerely if they wish to continue this trade. If not, let them pursue what they wish, for bonus worship points of humility and compassionate awesomeness. Those who wish to continue shall be employed as courtesans. Herbs shall be gathered to create make up, clothing shall be acquired of better appearance, and they shall be our eyes and ears in the city... A good courtesan can get information out of anyone... ;) If not that, then the monetary gifts and the possibility of someone being taken up as a mistress could land us an interesting political grasp in the city, or beyond.

Summarized Orders:

Let us focus on the Clan of Organis, allowing our people to take root in safety and without the meddling of outsiders. Let our people build for themselves and craft what they can, and use the funds from what is sold in order to procure building materials, weapons, armor, clothing, food, and equipment. We must become self-sufficient, but before we can do that, we need to trade for the necessary materials and labor. Let our dreamquest continue, and the insect infections spread... Let the Escali think and Organis plot, and our chosen people grow stronger and stronger.

--- --- ---

MAY I SUGGEST that, just like in rural areas of older times, having children, preferably male, is a very important task? As a child of two 'enlightened' parents serving Organis would be a SANE(by ability & potential, of course, meaning the insanity does not limit their skill levels), absolute worshiper of Organis, this would not only give us needed hands to work in the future, but allow us to GAIN worshipers without taking away those of other gods, as well as ensure we have more loyal, home-bred soldiers and workers.
May Organis, God of Transformations and Dreams, grant a (minor) boon on all those who bring healthy young sons into this world. May those who bring healthy young daughters into this world be cared for, and any unhealthy offspring be given to the grace of Organis, for his power may save them, or simply speed up what was bound to occur. Whether beauty or horrific power comes of them, they will have been given a new future by the Will of Organis, rather than one of uselessness and sorrow. All hail, Organis, Prince of Absolute Transformations and the fulfillment of Dreams!

This may be too much to ask, too soon, but would it be possible to have a map drawn up showing where our village lies? I'd like for it to be somewhat near the coast, close enough to fish and communicate with the Escali, and close enough to the city to travel to, but far enough that we can become our own city without infringing on their territory.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 11:44:23 am by Ehndras »
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 22, 2011, 12:10:15 pm »

-snip-

We should instruct our followers to have children, faster the population growth, the better.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2011, 12:12:51 pm by Azkul »
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 22, 2011, 12:45:02 pm »

-snip-

We should instruct our followers to have children, faster the population growth, the better.

Trust me, they don't need to be instructed. My grandmother and her 20 siblings all had 17-22 children, all of which who had 3-4 children, most of whom have 2-3 kids at this point. There's many more where that came from, through marriage.

Just tell them they'll be rewarded and they'll get the bow chika bow wow on all by themselves.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 22, 2011, 09:49:14 pm »

Yes let them do that by themselves I know we're mad but thats just pure 100% creepy.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 23, 2011, 03:53:50 am »

Your little clan go about working.

(3)The farmers go around preparing the village for increased habitation.

(5)The blacksmiths create armour and weapons. The people in the surrounding area have little use for such things, but passing patrols and military officers are willing to purchase these weapons. The quality of these goods are quite good and the soldiers pay a nice sum to your blacksmiths

(2) The scribe, while able to write, is not the fastest. He is able to make a few of these fliers before giving up. Some villagers remark on their appearance and first learn about Organis. +25 very weak worship

(4) The potters create ceramic works that are unique to the region. It combines the fractured look of the region's pottery with hidden shapes and symmetries. They sell well enough

(5) The weavers construct several baskets and bags as well as some small articles of clothing.

(4) The fishermen have no idea what these "escali" are but they do bring in a net of fish.

(5) All three whores wish to continue their trade. It may be good to mention that one of them is a man-whore. (3) Some herbs are gathered to create perfumes, not the best though. (1-3) The clothing the weavers create are...absolutely horrid. The whores refuse to even touch them and the whole community is laughing at the weaver who made them.

You change the forms of your most devout. (15 x 500=7500) -7500 belief

You entertain thoughts about uniting the escali and your vehna worshipers but that would be impractical considering how much land separates the sea and the village.

A baby has been born to some of your followers. He is the first of the sane-insane birthed of Organis.

Meanwhile, your Mad Disease has spread into the lands beyond the mountains. Your giant ants have dug great tunnels through the mountains and your lesser ants and bees have created colonies within them and beyond the mountains.

The escali have begun their nomadic journey to find food...If only they had a more stationary food source...Orll's daughter has found her materials...Hopefully she'll have discovered something.

Finally, you descend into the dreams of the Uivars once again...(6) Amazingly, you once again find a shaman.

"What doth travels in my sleep? You shall feel the wrath of Uvashi!"

(4-1) Fortunately, your a god and are able to escape. For a shaman he was quite weak. He did little damage to the great god. -100 belief

a map of our location

we are village nearest to the tower to the west
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Stats
Belief 3977pts
Growth 3613pts

Traits

Followers

Artifacts

Plagues

Leaders

Personifications
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 01:38:20 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 23, 2011, 04:32:11 am »

Have the escali develop some sort of underwater  farming.  Not fish, mind you, but have them farm other fish, clams, seaweed, etc. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 23, 2011, 02:08:12 pm »

Have the leader of the Vehna clan of Organis mentor the newborn so that he shall become a powerful, knowledgeable and utterly devout servant weapon worshi- Son of Organis, and fulfill my his destiny!

How many damn Uivar shamans are there Lets avoid the shaman, and actually, ANY direct contact. Talk of bearded gas in your dreams will quickly reach the ears of spies... Its best to appear as a dragon, a noble and powerful symbol of sovereignty and strength, and convince the Uivar that we are here to help them.

Also, how much money do we have so far?

Lets focus on building that temple. I wouldn't mind having a few men prospect the surrounding area to see if we can find stone to build with, or gemstones to craft with.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 23, 2011, 02:51:02 pm »

Gone for a while. Back. My plan was to make a biological, non-supernatural disease that would trigger on everyone at once. Its affects would be limited because it's natural, but Valahun won't be able to detect it. Could attack the part of the brain that binds people to honor. Could also increase intensity of instinct of self-preservation. Those who don't worship us from then on would die. Probably best done with idols that suppress the disease. Mass trigger could be season change.Then we'd need to keep Organis alive while Valahun hunts us down. Hard to hide. Not a good idea, but it would mess with him a lot.

We should have gotten the materials immediately for our future female mollusk leader. Could have even impressed them by making it appear next to the elder when he woke up. It would have been easy too. Anyway, scribes aren't so fantastic in illiterate regions. I'm happy we had some success with him. We now know that we know nothing of the Uivar. It might be worth investigating further into, though not now.

I still want to make contact with other gods, especially Epan. Not sure how to. I'm surprised there hasn't been a meeting of the gods yet.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 23, 2011, 02:52:56 pm »

I still want to make contact with other gods, especially Epan. Not sure how to. I'm surprised there hasn't been a meeting of the gods yet.

there will be.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 23, 2011, 04:09:47 pm »

there will be.

When?
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 23, 2011, 06:18:29 pm »

Do we have enough belief to mutate all the Escali into amphibious creatures?

Talk of bearded gas in your dreams will quickly reach the ears of spies... Its best to appear as a dragon, a noble and powerful symbol of sovereignty and strength, and convince the Uivar that we are here to help them.

We already do appear as a dragon.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 23, 2011, 09:22:40 pm »

Talk of bearded gas in your dreams will quickly reach the ears of spies... Its best to appear as a dragon, a noble and powerful symbol of sovereignty and strength, and convince the Uivar that we are here to help them.

Permanently? I wasn't sure if it was a shapeshifting thing or not.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 24, 2011, 01:37:20 am »

Permanently? I wasn't sure if it was a shapeshifting thing or not.

We always appear as the dragon. Wouldn't have cost as much belief otherwise. And no, we don't have enough belief to change gigantic, whale-sized, shelled and legless nautiluses into landdwellers. Even we can't stop gravity from crushing our poor escali!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 37