Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 51447 times)

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #375 on: August 19, 2011, 07:10:00 am »

I agree creating choas knights But don't make them too mad we need some sane commanders in our future army.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 19, 2011, 07:44:00 am »

Agreed.  Make the grunts completely berserk, leave the commanders with some lucidity. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 19, 2011, 07:59:13 am »

Fourty thousand belief. I have no idea where this came from and is probably a typo, but hell, take one of the infected ants to the village, turn it into a giant, then petrify it to create a statue. Because why not.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 19, 2011, 08:06:39 am »

Then anyone who touches the ant statue becomes a chaos knight.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 19, 2011, 08:16:20 am »

We don't really need chaos knights right now. I say we hold off on them. And develop them secretly such that Valahun, who is still watching our every move (probably planted TWO magical doohickeys on us, but we don't want him to think we're clever enough to check for a second. The better to feed him false information), won't figure out that we're raising any sort of army. Now isn't the time for an army, though.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 08:18:06 am by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 19, 2011, 08:20:55 am »

So what can we do?  We've got some followers, a race of sentient clams to obey us, no military, and I don't think we have the belief or powers necessary to overpower Valahun, let alone the rest of the pantheon.  We should be covert.  Find allies within the pantheon, and search for any weaknesses that Valahun might have.  Possibly even contact the Shadow, as long as he doesn't destroy us. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: August 19, 2011, 08:40:43 am »

We tried that, but couldn't find the gods. We could command our bees to increase/focus their pollination on crops. That should get a certain someone's attention, assuming they can figure out it was us. Can't do it so much that the economy is flooded with food, though, cause that'll actually hurt people. Especially farmers. Our farmers. The boon might be best reserved for our followers and the agriculture guy's followers. Then again that would unbalance the economy too. Hungry people would also benefit, but I doubt they'll know it's us unless we obnoxiously brag about it.

Speaking of lower-class people, we might benefit from taking advantage of helping them. Organis' Self Help Book for Peasants. That is, assuming we can conjure up an illusion like the American Dream, we might be able to take a good chunk of the lower class from Valahun. Could make a peasant follower grow rich and powerful. Make him a Rockefeller. Make him preach the virtues of hard work, following your dreams to happiness, and steady worship of Organis. Of course, how on Earth we'd start such a thing is a little more difficult. That, and how to prevent any terrible consequences.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 19, 2011, 08:45:26 am »

Remember those diseases Organis created?  What if we increase them, juuuuust a little bit, so that they kill everybody on contact.  It should hit fast, hit hard.  Imagine what would happen to Valahun if all his worshippers contracted a ten-second black plague. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 19, 2011, 09:46:38 am »

Remember those diseases Organis created?  What if we increase them, juuuuust a little bit, so that they kill everybody on contact.  It should hit fast, hit hard.  Imagine what would happen to Valahun if all his worshippers contracted a ten-second black plague.

It would be easier to make a dormant disease, and then activate it all at once when nearly everyone has it. Valahun is a clever jerk, though. I say we don't do that.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 19, 2011, 09:52:27 am »

It would be easier to make a dormant disease, and then activate it all at once when nearly everyone has it. Valahun is a clever jerk, though. I say we don't do that.

It's a plan, and I like your idea of a sleeper disease.  If Valahun turns on us, we could activate it, killing his worshipers within minutes.  And he probably will turn on us.  As for the present, I think we should really just help our worshipers in the village of Guruph. 

Mutate various cows and other livestock, and subject them to Organis' will.  Allow these mad cows to be domesticated by our followers, giving them a nice source of meat, along with a potential butcher industry.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 19, 2011, 10:04:42 am »

Secondary Order, Added to MadCows:

Speak to your worshipers in their dreams. Find out what their professions and specialties are...

Just because half of them are farmers, doesn't mean a few of them aren't sons of blacksmiths or exceptionally skilled at carpentry, or mining. Hell, we might have our very own man-whore in the flock, and we can even be so cruel as to propagate an STD that converts women (and their children?) into worshipers of Organis. We need to get to know our followers so we can make use of their particular skills and personalities.

We have need of carpenters, architects, miners, and trackers, fighters, hunters, butchers, thieves... Where better to find them than in the randomized numbers of our followers? We should try 'recruiting' particular individuals so as to use their skills...

I'm pretty sure finding a carpenter, mason or low-level architect and sending him to the village under command of Organis to beautify the village will improve our people's quality of life, and allow us perhaps a small income from crafted furniture.

Are those copper coins worth a damn? Why not invest in some crafting equipment to get our people going?
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 19, 2011, 10:25:01 am »

It's a plan, and I like your idea of a sleeper disease.  If Valahun turns on us, we could activate it, killing his worshipers within minutes.  And he probably will turn on us.  As for the present, I think we should really just help our worshipers in the village of Guruph. 

Mutate various cows and other livestock, and subject them to Organis' will.  Allow these mad cows to be domesticated by our followers, giving them a nice source of meat, along with a potential butcher industry.

You mean by stealing them from other farmers? Theft is dangerous. Our farmers should already have livestock. Plus, people won't want to buy the meat of mutated animals.

If we do make a sleeper disease, we can't let Valahun know about it. There are tons of ways for him to figure it out. He is still spying on us, he just doesn't know we know. Or something. Stuff we infect probably also stinks of our foul magic, at least such that a god can sniff it out. There are ways we can sneak actions in without Valahun knowing, and we can probably mask our scent by making the disease not respond directly to our commands (activation may require specific activator we can mass produce and send everywhere). Making the disease kill people is as easy as making the disease cause them to stop worshiping Valahun and, through the same process as we've already seen, make them eventually worship us. All in all it's a good idea, but probably won't work. Valahun has enough built-up power to easily kill us when he realizes what's going on. Unless we skedaddle FAST and in a clever fashion. And take off all of the magical doohickeys Valahun put on us. Perhaps we can obtain sleeper agents of a different variety?

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 19, 2011, 10:29:11 am »

You mean by stealing them from other farmers? Theft is dangerous. Our farmers should already have livestock. Plus, people won't want to buy the meat of mutated animals.

If we do make a sleeper disease, we can't let Valahun know about it. There are tons of ways for him to figure it out. He is still spying on us, he just doesn't know we know. Or something. Stuff we infect probably also stinks of our foul magic, at least such that a god can sniff it out. There are ways we can sneak actions in without Valahun knowing, and we can probably mask our scent by making the disease not respond directly to our commands (activation may require specific activator we can mass produce and send everywhere). Making the disease kill people is as easy as making the disease cause them to stop worshiping Valahun and, through the same process as we've already seen, make them eventually worship us. All in all it's a good idea, but probably won't work. Valahun has enough built-up power to easily kill us when he realizes what's going on. Unless we skedaddle FAST and in a clever fashion. And take off all of the magical doohickeys Valahun put on us. Perhaps we can obtain sleeper agents of a different variety?

Have we investigated the camps outside Valahun's city, you know, the ones filled with raiders and soldiers?  We've never actually encountered the Shadow yet, and this investigation might net us some valuable information.  Perhaps, if the raiders' faith in the Shadow isn't that strong, we can make them insane, convert them, and then have our own militia.  We should not do it on such a large scale as to threaten Valahun, and we can tell him that we are weakening the Shadow by removing his worshipers.  If the Shadow comes after us, we can hide behind Valahun's skirt. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 19, 2011, 10:51:22 am »

We cannot always hide behind Valahun. The closer to his city we are, the better he can protect us.
Spoiler: Also... (click to show/hide)

Okay, probably not. But it's possible.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: August 19, 2011, 11:11:11 am »

What better method to unite the world under your banner and control every god than to allow an evil entity to take control...

I don't know if he IS Shadow, but he could be in league with the Shadow.

I do agree with the idea of getting in contact with the enemy.

To ensure our followers aren't put in harm's way and we aren't either, appear in the dreams of the largest camp, surely that one would hold their leader. Do not reveal your identity... Watch, learn, and when the time is right, strike them with insanity. Those who die in the process, so be it. Those who live, may just live long enough to propagate the insanity, and possibly become our followers. Grant these followers some sanity so they can blend, and return them to their civilization, so that we have eyes on the Shadow's people. I wonder if they have their own language, culture, cities, beliefs, temples, gods... So much MORE power to eventually consume, hahahaha... HAHA... HAHAHAHAHA!
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 37