Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 51450 times)

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #360 on: August 15, 2011, 09:21:40 am »

Insanity.  Organis is the god of insanity, these people are his worshipers, and as a result, they are completely insane.  I think the only reason they can function is because they have a god leading them.  I seriously doubt anyone would want to trade with them, not just for their insanity, but because they worship a god, who, even though he may be a member of the pantheon, is still strange and suspicious. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: August 15, 2011, 02:20:36 pm »

they're manlnourished because of the long, tiring trip to the village. They spent most of their money trying to get there and the path is noticably lacking in any wildlife to devour. The farms are guarded by soldiers (Whoever leads the Vehna is very paranoid to protect every farm).
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 15, 2011, 02:39:19 pm »

they're manlnourished because of the long, tiring trip to the village. They spent most of their money trying to get there and the path is noticably lacking in any wildlife to devour. The farms are guarded by soldiers (Whoever leads the Vehna is very paranoid to protect every farm).

Did we tell them to do that?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 02:56:54 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 15, 2011, 03:04:58 pm »

I believe someone suggested to gather up our followers in one place and build an altar.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 15, 2011, 03:52:42 pm »

Aye.

Manipulate some of our infected livestock to converge on the location of our soon-to-be encampment, along with our men; proverbial lambs to the slaughter to feed our starving artists.

Build three small idols infused with a tiny bit of our power. Just enough of this power that it pacifies our followers and saps a bit of their insanity, rendering them capable of acting normal enough to make decisions and act upon them. This will allow our men not to wreck our future temple/village in stupidity/insanity, as well as grant them a boon. This seemingly divine presence granting them 'power' and reasoning will further show them Organis is a great god, and will fortify their love for us. This will aid in making partial/skeptical followers into true believers. Perhaps this can spawn a sort of divine pilgrimage to rid followers and believers of their superficial insanity, allowing the true madness to take root deep within... To shift the madness from the flicker of the eyes down into the depths of the mind will allow us to take hold of them and allow them to blend into civilization without cries of tribal magic and insanity. The true madness lies within... This is the truly deadly madness, that which cannot be seen.

One of these idols will be placed at our altar/future temple, one will be with the lead worshiper of Organis to allow him rational  thought and the ability to herd our followers at our command, and the third will serve as inspiration to a chosen artist who will replicate the idol ((without power of course)) and create other works of art in the name of Organis, god of Transformation, Dreams, Madness, and Mutation...

These steps will allow us to begin spreading our influence without stepping on the toes of other gods. Disease, infection... Bad. Worship by choice and belief? Gooooood. We can convert without pissing anyone off, and there's nothing anyone can do about it. It'll improve our image and remove some of the suspicion over our... Questionable methods.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 15, 2011, 08:10:42 pm »

I suggested to start building a temple and i agree to go with Ehndras plan.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 16, 2011, 01:59:15 am »

Hmmmm, a temple sounds nice.  Do it. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 16, 2011, 08:20:37 am »

-snip-
this, and :

Assuming we have at least some power over dreams:

1. Construct a huge statue of Organis in the proposed temple. Give the statue the power to cure nightmares and mental ailments. Cause non-believers to have terrible nightmares.
2. ? ? ?
3. Pilgrims!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 08:22:23 am by Azkul »
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 16, 2011, 10:07:26 am »

-snip-
this, and :

Assuming we have at least some power over dreams:

1. Construct a huge statue of Organis in the proposed temple. Give the statue the power to cure nightmares and mental ailments. Cause non-believers to have terrible nightmares.
2. ? ? ?
3. Pilgrims!

That would take much more belief... I suggested changing the symptoms of our followers as we created them, therefore its easier to change something we did ourselves, rather than screw with others we have no control over. :)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 16, 2011, 11:03:28 am »

Someday we need to build a temple... in the DREAM WORLD. Let's just avoid any Inception garbage. Let's not avoid eldritch abominations.

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 17, 2011, 02:05:02 pm »

Become Cthulhu-Organis. Nuff said.

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 17, 2011, 03:11:06 pm »

-snip-
I suggested to start building a temple and i agree to go with Ehndras plan.

I agree with both of these ideas.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 18, 2011, 09:57:38 pm »

( I may have written my previous "turn" in a confusing way. They four followers died on the way to the village; they're is enough food in the village)

As another week comes, you are fed with belief.

Your followers are as of now all inhabitants of the village of Guruph. The village is not unique besides of those gifts you have given it. The villagers own farms or find work as smiths or such and some have even converted to your worship after hearing your worshipers speak so much of you and actually seeing divine proof in the statue. +6 average worshipers

You also send orders to the madcows and madsheep to converge on the village.

Later on in the week you think about your band of worshipers. The first 15 and the recent converts are much more sane than the second batch of infected. You were going to fix that but Valahun got to you first. Well all things can be changed now.

You create three idols, each with a tiny morsel of yourself, that while not fully taking the insanity away, will make them somewhat...tolerable.  -2100 belief

You distribute them to the hut your worshipers currently use to worship in (did you know they commonly offer yarn and bird feathers?) one is given to your Blessed one to carry, and one is kept for now.

The hut that they're currently using as a temple is not what you would've liked, but you understand there is no funds in the collective hands of your worshipers;you converted farmers not merchants.

The Mad Disease has also stopped its spread in these lands. It will spread in the Uivar lands under your divine order.

With all this in order, you lay to enter the dreams of the escali leader. It opens up easily enough and you find him in the dreams as a young escali with a shell as hard steel. Munching on some sea grass from the looks of it. Trying to remember his old days.

He turns to face you...and while his face in no way expresses emotion to a humanoid face, it does to a personification. Proud and mighty.

"Godling? Took you long enough to come...I was just enjoying the currents...It's so nice to...Wait...this is a dream, uh...if only dreams were true"

"Well...as nice as memories are it is time for decisions...I have lead my people when we were lesser creatures; I lead them when my father was devoured by the starthings, I lead them when we found the forest of grasses, I shall lead them until my dying breath my lord and I shall see that we have a place to call our own. Before your "gift" we always had to wander around or else those waterskimmers or parasites would kill us..But now we have knowledge. My daughter thinks she knows how to grow the seagrass and fend of our enemies, smart one that one, probably lead our herd when I leave. Right now we're just trying to find enough materials for my daughter's plans. At this rate we'll never be arrive at our next feeding before the food all travels away...But I place trust in her."

Seems that the escal is kinder in his sleep. Also seems to love his daughter. They're going to be starving if they don't get to the feeding grounds soon though.

Stats
Belief 4376pts
Growth 3594

Traits
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Followers

Artifacts

Plagues

Leaders

Personifications
« Last Edit: August 21, 2011, 10:03:58 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Geen

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm gonna live forever, or die trying.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 18, 2011, 10:55:33 pm »

Create some chaos knights to do your bidding, and throw the madness cube madly at a random place.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 19, 2011, 06:55:53 am »

Woah, how do we have over 40k belief now? Also, a week passed by without us entering the Escali leader's dream. Should add something in there about it. Also, love their silly offerings.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 08:04:00 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 37