Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 51387 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #300 on: August 11, 2011, 06:10:08 pm »

Just a headsup. Updates will be slower now due to personal commitments. Update soon, perhaps.
This is why.

Haha, I know, not a problem. I definitely know how it is... >_>

I'm actually thinking of GM'ing a Lets-Play or Choose-Your-Own adventure like this one, not sure if I should though. It'd be my first time... I'm an awesome RP'er and I'm a writer, but I'm not sure if I can GM. Depends if anyone is willing to suggest a topic we'd like to play since my favorite three topics are already taken. Primordial alien race, newborn god, and human colony, all of which I'm playing here on B12. :P
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: August 11, 2011, 06:33:19 pm »

I'm actually thinking of GM'ing a Lets-Play or Choose-Your-Own adventure like this one, not sure if I should though. It'd be my first time... I'm an awesome RP'er and I'm a writer, but I'm not sure if I can GM. Depends if anyone is willing to suggest a topic we'd like to play since my favorite three topics are already taken. Primordial alien race, newborn god, and human colony, all of which I'm playing here on B12. :P

A game related to political intrigue
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: August 11, 2011, 07:01:13 pm »

Just a headsup. Updates will be slower now due to personal commitments. Update soon, perhaps.
This is why.

You are a toon, maybe?
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: August 11, 2011, 08:06:59 pm »

Don't worry Ehndras find something you could do simple like a you are a toon game don't over think it. I did kinda did that I did a rather poor job just go with something simplier for your first time.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: August 11, 2011, 09:48:36 pm »

I don't think we should asplode the madness cube, if we do, Valahun will know that we are either hiding from him or trying to backstab him.  Just lay low and wait for an opportunity to cut of this dragon god's wings. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: August 11, 2011, 10:46:47 pm »

I'm re-reading some old posts, and yeah I agree that we don't asplode it. "The cube shall be left here, as your payment to join the pantheon..." We don't want to destroy our payment. If he worded it as something like "I'll hold onto your cube", then we could have done it. Messages encrypted in madness seem to be our only way to get semi-privacy, then. Unless we want to earn our cube back. He'll let us earn it back, since he's got other ways to spy on us. I just hope they aren't as complete as the cube has proven to be.

We should probably make our insects stop infecting Vehna. It'll be good to keep them around, though. Also, I haven't heard anything about any infected Uivar. Should also turn off the grain ache, or send it all to the Uivar.

Also, note that we haven't killed anyone. We only took measures to get more followers. As far as the rest of the gods know, that was just an awkward first impression by a scared, young personification. If we want, we can use this to go for the Valahun is the Shadow's puppet unveiling path. Previous comments by the GM Our psychic powers say that Valahun has a dark secret. Let's find it and show everyone the proof. Not that it's anywhere near easy to do so. First we need to make friends and set up an honorable reputation. Our lady of the deep could be our first and most trusted ally (real curve ball if she turns out to be Valahun's puppet master's loyal spy). We can also chat with some of the other animal/nature guys, including Epan, Moras (gotta apologize to him first), and Santals. If we can form a close-knit circle of friends, well that should help a lot. Also interested in Haffara. He's a good god, yet he takes the shape of a snake. Snakes are generally associated with badness, poison, and lies. If we can catch him being an evil villain, well that should give us detective points in the pantheon. Of course, he could also just be a great guy.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: August 12, 2011, 02:21:19 am »

Indeed they are, my sister. Deeply do I admire the beings of the deep, seeing as I too was born from the primordial waters of chaos. As I hold the power of transformation in my hands, it would be an honor to bestow my favor upon these beautiful creatures. As the Lady of the Deep, would you grant me this boon? It would be my pleasure to become a part of these wondrous seas, so that I may see the goodness of change in all before me. That is my mission, m'lady, that is my quest. Though I have no stake in the past, I wish to leave the footprints of my actions in the ever-changing sands of time, beginning with the source of all life; the waters of creation.

((OOC: </sweet-talk>

"Such strange words coming from a clump of hair; never the less I do give you permission. Don't break anything brother".

With that she leaves the way she came, not caring about what gift you would bestow upon the creatures.You ready your powers and target the beast. -2500 belief

The herd, numbered at 23, are shocked and confused; they feel...different. They are scared and confused; intelligence is nothing new, but it feels strange to be so sentient.

One of them, the greatest and oldest, seems to notice you, it turns towards you and knows. It speaks with clicks.

"We were animals, we were fools, we were content with our lives; now with this knowledge you have cursed us! How can we live like this?! God or not, this is not right! We were happy godling, why curse us with this?"

Your shocked by this, you thought that they would be happy to be sentient.

((I really wanted to do a full update, but I can't just respond to this without any suggestions. You will not receive belief or a status update this turn due to the shortness of the events. Will respond to other actions after.))

Stats
Belief 1688pts

« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 05:11:34 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: August 12, 2011, 02:23:24 am »

Make them insane.  That should make them happy  ;)
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: August 12, 2011, 07:53:03 am »

Make them insane.  That should make them happy  ;)
Insanity is the pain killer of life. Go for it!
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: August 12, 2011, 07:54:32 am »

Insanity is the pain killer of life. Go for it!

This was supposed to be a quote, and I'm sigging it. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: August 12, 2011, 09:32:33 am »

Gods damn you and your plot twists! :P

Can nothing ever go as planned!? Hahaha

(Not really!)

If they won't side with us by choice, then lets use our powers to make them worship us. First, lets see what they, with their newfound sentience, feel about us and Vahahun.

--- --- ---

Though blissful indeed is the ignorance of the many, the burden of sentience has much to offer. How else would powerful gods like Vahahun exist, or men create vast cities on stone and wood? Cursed you are not, my children... I thought the same upon the moment of my 'birth' into this existence, but soon enough I learned that sentience brings many things... Some cursed, some blessed, but our choice decides which we shall embrace. Tell me, young ones, what do your people care for? The seas? Your young? The simplicity of life? Or something else altogether?

...Weigh the possibilities, my children. I have taken nothing from you, no, I have simply opened more doors than you could ever imagine. Doors that, yes, may hold misfortune, but just as many which bring happiness, fortune, health, and long life free of tyranny and regret.

I leave the choice with your people, whether to follow the father of your transformation or stay to yourselves in the depths of the seas. You are capable of so much... So, so much... But only you may unlock the power within. Only your people can decide what Fate holds in store for you.

Good luck, my children. You are my first, and whether you abandon me or stay, I shall always cherish you.

Disappear into the air and find somewhere hidden nearby to hide and watch them, to gauge their reaction to your offer.

tl;dr - Pull a ninja and eavesdrop.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 12, 2011, 09:34:40 am »

(Not really!)

If they won't side with us by choice, then lets use our powers to make them worship us. First, lets see what they, with their newfound sentience, feel about us and Vahahun.

--- --- ---

Though blissful indeed is the ignorance of the many, the burden of sentience has much to offer. How else would powerful gods like Vahahun exist, or men create vast cities on stone and wood? Cursed you are not, my children... I thought the same upon the moment of my 'birth' into this existence, but soon enough I learned that sentience brings many things... Some cursed, some blessed, but our choice decides which we shall embrace. Tell me, young ones, what do your people care for? The seas? Your young? The simplicity of life? Or something else altogether?

...Weigh the possibilities, my children. I have taken nothing from you, no, I have simply opened more doors than you could ever imagine. Doors that, yes, may hold misfortune, but just as many which bring happiness, fortune, health, and long life free of tyranny and regret.

I leave the choice with your people, whether to follow the father of your transformation or stay to yourselves in the depths of the seas. You are capable of so much... So, so much... But only you may unlock the power within. Only your people can decide what Fate holds in store for you.

Good luck, my children. You are my first, and whether you abandon me or stay, I shall always cherish you.

Disappear into the air and find somewhere hidden nearby to hide and watch them, to gauge their reaction to your offer.

I didn't realize the god of madness and insanity was that eloquent. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 12, 2011, 09:38:46 am »

(Not really!)

--- --- ---

I didn't realize the god of madness and insanity was that eloquent.

I've got a few literally insane people in my family and, between the eccentric mumbling about brainfruit and alien parasites infesting jesus in the basement(true story), they have an odd tendency to seem extremely sane and eloquent before falling back into incoherent rambings.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: August 12, 2011, 09:44:45 am »

That, and I see Organis as a sociopath. The most effective and powerful sociopaths/serial killers are those who have a disturbing knack for convincing people they are perfectly sane, benevolent, caring individuals.

Many of the most bloody, violent serial killers and manipulative sociopaths were known to their neighbors as good, fair people, though often slightly eccentric. Often, their odd habits would not come to light until long after the deed had been done. By then, their farce had worked like a charm.

I say Organis should be a sociopathic floating beard who's split personality calls for utter madness as well as eloquent diplomacy... True signs of a madman/sociopath/DF-style Floating Beard of Madness!

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 12, 2011, 09:50:07 am »

That, and I see Organis as a sociopath. The most effective and powerful sociopaths/serial killers are those who have a disturbing knack for convincing people they are perfectly sane, benevolent, caring individuals.

Many of the most bloody, violent serial killers and manipulative sociopaths were known to their neighbors as good, fair people, though often slightly eccentric. Often, their odd habits would not come to light until long after the deed had been done. By then, their farce had worked like a charm.

I say Organis should be a sociopathic floating beard who's split personality calls for utter madness as well as eloquent diplomacy... True signs of a madman/sociopath/DF-style Floating Beard of Madness!

Insanity is not the same as sociopathy.  Mental illnesses like that ( sociopathy, psychopathy, etc ) remove guilt from people and make them incapable of forming any actual emotional connection with other people.  Insanity is the mental disorder where someone cannot completely distinguish reality from fiction.  Organis is not malicious, just insane.  Ergo, he is the embodiment of randomness. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 37