Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 51405 times)

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #270 on: August 10, 2011, 11:12:28 pm »

After we do our other actions we should also see what we can dig up about the other pantheon members. Are they gods, spirits, or personifications? What are they aligned to? What are their names? How big is their following? And how are politics between the pantheon?
If we know these things we could corrupt the very gods themselves. After all, the followers affect the followed ;D. Also don't forget, this planet and these gods are only few of thousands. Untold universes await our twisted mind after we conquer this one.

Agreed. Might be worth investigating into whether there is already a sea/fishy god with followers under the waves. Especially if they're not in the pantheon, or are an enemy to the pantheon. Cephalopods who are constantly under attack, easily spied on, or arguing over living space with something else aren't amazingly useful. As for the species' name... I could care less so long as it isn't Omanyte.

Also, tapestry idea still isn't good enough to work, and could draw more suspicion. The idea is brilliant, but it won't work as things are. Especially since Valahun is part chessmaster. Perhaps knowing about the pantheon will help us plant a nice spy thing.

Oh yeah, and check self for magical doohickies. Valahun probably planted one or twelve on us. We don't need an invisible shock collar or teleportation sticker. Or Valahun's own spying stuffs.

Edit: Might be best to tell Valahun we are going to do this. He doesn't know if we want him dead or not, just that we wanted followers and did almost smart things to get them. This should solidify his trust in us and make more openings later down the road. Will create the odd predicament of deciding whether or not to turn in the traitor, though. After all, not turning in a fake traitor or "teaming" up with him are the same as being a traitor. Just to warn you guys, I'd turn in a possible traitor in a heart-beat in this situation. Then again, he'll be that much more likely to feed us false information. That was a useful edit, wasn't it? Before I end my edit, how about I suggest that we read up on everything, from history to philosophy. Especially important is historical philosophy. Also learn about as much as possible about Valahun and other gods indirectly. Perhaps we can go for the basics and let our followers study the more in-depth information? They all probably have foibles we can control. Just avoid false foibles clever gods may have planted. Yes, I am paranoid now.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 12:35:47 am by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: August 11, 2011, 12:43:10 am »

"You may go now, but first I should give you this..."

You feel a slight pain and then you suddenly know every god and their spheres in the pantheon!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You leave Valahun's chambers and return to the countryside. By the time you get back it has been a week (turns will now be a week unless stated otherwise). The night is late and your followers sleep. You contact your Blessed Disciple through his nocturnal dreams; you tell him of your great plan, only time will tell if it succeeds. -25 belief

Soon after you leave for the seas, looking for those great intelligent beast. While traveling, you decide that you should check yourself just in case Valahun has any spell or such on you...You find none, wait...what's this...

"Can't trust you now can I? I congratulate you for finding the spell, some fools  didn't even bother checking until years later, but still. Don't try doing anything more treasonous....My son..." With that the voice stops and flickers out. -3000 belief

After nearly a week,you reach the oceans and descend into the habitats of the great mollusks. Life is abundant and the darkness impedes even a god's sight....Eventually you find the "herd" of mollusks you found before. You prepare your spell, but then something approaches... It looks like a Vehna, but how does it survive here? Then you know, it is Alfainikk, Lady of the Deep. She approaches.

"Ah, father told me about you...Such a strange thing of a brother, but family is family. What brings you to the depths? *She glances at the surrounding creatures*. "They are incredible creatures, don't you agree?". Her voice is like flowing water and serenity. You really want to just make the damn things sentient, but your "sister" could cause trouble...

While you were away, your followers generally tried worshiping you. A few tried converting the populace, but few seemed to care about another god.

Your Grain Ache plague has been going through the rural folk. It is just a matter of time however until a cure is found.

The Madness Disease is being spread by your swarms, but some people are starting to understand the source; some are actively destroying colonies and hives. Healers and priest are still working on a cure.

What Shall We Do?

Stats

Belief  4168pts
Growth 2594pts

Traits

Followers

Artifacts

Plagues

Blessed

Personifications
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 05:13:21 am by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: August 11, 2011, 04:27:18 am »

Has been updated. Sorry about double post; necessary.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: August 11, 2011, 05:35:05 am »

This is cool.  I can think already of a number of gods which we can corrupt to spread our mutations and madness.  But first thing's first, we need to separate Valahun from the Madness Cube.  If he has it, he will know EVERYTHING we're doing.  If we can divert his entire attention, we might have a chance.  For now, appease this tyrannical dragon god, and continue to spread your plague. 

Also, is it possible to get to the Void again?  If so, how will it affect us/other gods/other entities?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: August 11, 2011, 05:37:44 am »

In short, yes. But I'm not revealing anymore.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: August 11, 2011, 05:44:47 am »

Go to the Void and see if Valahun can still see you while you're there.  This experiment will test if we can hide from Valahun, and if so, then the Void would make a pretty good base of operations. 
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: August 11, 2011, 06:15:54 am »

Its possible to get to the Void, but we cannot right now.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: August 11, 2011, 09:25:24 am »

I...did not expect such a big pantheon.
So that's Lorn? Damn, I feel guilty now.

"Yes they are incredible, but they could be so much more." Cue sentience.
Send the swarms against the healers and priests (these are the Uviar right? spreading it to Port would be foolish at this point)
Mutate a few colony of ants in the following ways: make them bigger (up to 3 cm), able to spread the disease, still be able to pick up 10x their weight (they naturally do that), and give them harder skeletons. Then order their colonies much further underground.
The way I see it, normal conversion of strong followers would be a major hassle. We should be trying to build up strength to mutate other things into fanatical followers! Giving those insane ants sentience later could be smart, but most importantly we could use them to help build our temple and perform "miracles" for the people.

Have you ever seen big ants construct a glorious building for a god? Eat raiders? Help people? Our insanity wouldn't matter to these foolish mortals! We may not get fanatic, highest belief followers, but we'd certainly get hundreds of weaker ones. With their belief we may even be able to return to the void and make it habitable for an Exodus, so we can go to other universes and piss off other gods.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: August 11, 2011, 09:46:56 am »

Send the swarms against the healers and priests (these are the Uviar right? spreading it to Port would be foolish at this point)
Mutate a few colony of ants in the following ways: make them bigger (up to 3 cm), able to spread the disease, still be able to pick up 10x their weight (they naturally do that), and give them harder skeletons. Then order their colonies much further underground.
I agree with this. We're the god of mutations so we need to mutate our followers to make them stronger and help them grow.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: August 11, 2011, 09:53:35 am »

I agree with this. We're the god of mutations so we need to mutate our followers to make them stronger and help them grow.

Indeed, we must become the Umbrella Corporation of gods.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: August 11, 2011, 10:51:24 am »

I suggest we talk to Famaliem- God of the Void And see if we can make it into the void, Or we could talk to Boroph- God of  weather, He is bound to have a split personailty(Insane-ish?), Being how the weather changes all the time, Maybe we could ally with him?... Makes sense.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2011, 11:14:40 am by mcdonaldjord »

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: August 11, 2011, 11:13:37 am »

[/b]

Indeed, we must become the Umbrella Corporation of gods.

Also, tell our believers that they should pray to us every night. Also, we should build small, indestructible idols with our image and that can see everything that happens in our followers' houses(and give these to them, obviously).

Also, tell them that if they please us by giving us offerings(not necessarily corpses or things like that, can be weapons, materials, etc), we shall be generous to them if they deserve it.

Also, ask Valahun if there exists some kind of Underworld.
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: August 11, 2011, 11:17:56 am »

"Ah, father told me about you...Such a strange thing of a brother, but family is family. What brings you to the depths? *She glances at the surrounding creatures*. "They are incredible creatures, don't you agree?". Her voice is like flowing water and serenity. You really want to just make the damn things sentient, but your "sister" could cause trouble...
((OOC: Lets befriend her and charm her into allowing us to mutate these guys. Then, as per my plan, lets contact Epan the Goddess of Disease and Infections, as she is the only god who will enjoy our methods of transformation and side with us. We may be able to strike a deal with Alkosa and Lostaki gods of Death and the Afterlife in exchange for the souls of those we eventually kill, speak to Omskol and request aid in pacifying the pantheon in friendship, speak to Antanaha and attempt to gain some insight into the future of this world to figure if its worth it to stay,  attempt to contact Famaliem and learn more of the void, and learn all you can on the Shadow. This will get us many contacts within the pantheon and outline our choices for future movements in this world and the next. Cue diplomatic sweet-talking, my specialty. ;) ))

--- --- ---

Indeed they are, my sister. Deeply do I admire the beings of the deep, seeing as I too was born from the primordial waters of chaos. As I hold the power of transformation in my hands, it would be an honor to bestow my favor upon these beautiful creatures. As the Lady of the Deep, would you grant me this boon? It would be my pleasure to become a part of these wondrous seas, so that I may see the goodness of change in all before me. That is my mission, m'lady, that is my quest. Though I have no stake in the past, I wish to leave the footprints of my actions in the ever-changing sands of time, beginning with the source of all life; the waters of creation.

((OOC: </sweet-talk>
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: August 11, 2011, 11:19:50 am »

I say we should start building a temple some where and appoint a a few preists then start hading out the cure to the grain ache to the Vehna it will increase or followers.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: August 11, 2011, 12:05:50 pm »

Indeed they are, my sister. Deeply do I admire the beings of the deep, seeing as I too was born from the primordial waters of chaos. As I hold the power of transformation in my hands, it would be an honor to bestow my favor upon these beautiful creatures. As the Lady of the Deep, would you grant me this boon? It would be my pleasure to become a part of these wondrous seas, so that I may see the goodness of change in all before me. That is my mission, m'lady, that is my quest. Though I have no stake in the past, I wish to leave the footprints of my actions in the ever-changing sands of time, beginning with the source of all life; the waters of creation.
That's laying it a bit thick, but I approve such schmoozing. Something like this would be nice.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 37