Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 51427 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #225 on: August 09, 2011, 01:45:35 am »

You appear to the other infected, who unlike the first fifteen. They all agree to worship you.
You were about to ask them about their culture and related things but then something like a sphere of light absorbed you. The next thing you know your inside a large near empty chamber. At the center you see  your little Madness Cube...And right beyond it, you see him

"Ah finally here I see. Going about converting people to your religion I see. Causing madness and disease I see."

Valahun's voice was booming and deep, and yet it sounded a little cheery.

"Now enough about that. I know what you are, personification. Madness? Mutations? Those are your spheres are they not? Hiding them in Dreams and Transformations....at least you try to hide your foolishness."

"Now for something a little more direct. This cube here -*he looks at it, the bars fizzle, and the cube lands at your feet*- is yours I believe. I smelled you through it...You were a fool to leave this just lying around in the grandmaster's own palace. Your foolishness allowed me to see all of your actions, your questioning, your infecting, your converting..."

He stretches his head forward.

"Now that we have that set out, I invite you into our little Pantheon here, I'm sure "Transformation" and "Dreams" are still open. Did you expect me to just absorb you? I haven't survived by being a fool. You may decline, of course but would it be in your best interest?"

Your followers are confused.

What shall we do?

Stats
Belief 4574pts
Growth 2594pts
Currency 200 copper coins

Traits
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mutants

Artefacts

Followers

Personifications

Plagues

Blessed
[/list]
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:33:47 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: August 09, 2011, 02:24:54 am »

Decline.  The God of Madness and Change belongs to no pantheon!  However, do not fight this dragon god.  Flee to the barbarian realms, and try to find a group of raiders who aren't complete fanatics of the shadow.  I doubt you'll have much more success in the city.  If you find some malleable barbarians, mutate them.  Make them much stronger and tougher than normal men, at the cost of less intelligence.  Give them green skin and call them orcs.  In their insane, angry and bloodthirsty state, preach your true word to them, and tell them that if they worship and please you, you can make them stronger.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: August 09, 2011, 03:40:54 am »

I suggest that we join the pantheon, If only to know what other gods might block our path later on. who knows we might even team up with one.

Plus, We can always stab them in the back.

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 09, 2011, 04:15:26 am »

Decline.  The God of Madness and Change belongs to no pantheon!  However, do not fight this dragon god.  Flee to the barbarian realms, and try to find a group of raiders who aren't complete fanatics of the shadow.  I doubt you'll have much more success in the city.  If you find some malleable barbarians, mutate them.  Make them much stronger and tougher than normal men, at the cost of less intelligence.  Give them green skin and call them orcs.  In their insane, angry and bloodthirsty state, preach your true word to them, and tell them that if they worship and please you, you can make them stronger.
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: August 09, 2011, 06:04:58 am »

I suggest that we join the pantheon, If only to know what other gods might block our path later on. who knows we might even team up with one.

Nothing is more insane than chronic backstabbing syndrome. We can't do that without allies. Not that I trust Valahun. Who knows, though, there might be someone we like in the patheon. Not that we have much choice. Best to tilt our face beard, start mad laugh, and then stop abruptly to say yes, but... ask what it is he may be hiding.

We should check ourself for any foul magic he may have planted on us. That might be what let him summon us. He likely knows about our water civ idea, since he knows we randomly disappear into the ocean. We need a way to mask our stuffness. Probably absorbing someone would let us appear as them. Not that we can realistically do that now. We might be better off running away with our new minions the first chance we get. We could also create a new, dormant disease for our insects. Should it cause madness? Death? Either way, we want everyone infected by it. Not sure how to do that without our friend Valahun finding out, though. Could just add this disease to our insects' arsenal and let them infect later. Or infect in a different way. Anyway, we can't do any of that without some way of masking it. A new disease for the insects would have the old disease to mask itself. Let's just hope our forced promise to not infect people further will mean he won't kill our bugs. Should hold off on infecting until we want it used, since our presence in the infected is obvious.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: August 09, 2011, 06:12:12 am »

Do you honestly expect the god of madness to ally with anyone?  More importantly, do you think any intelligent god would ally with Organis?
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: August 09, 2011, 06:56:20 am »

That makes sense, I still think we should take his offer and go to the pantheon, Just to see what we are up against. Who nows, maybe we'll find out ways to plot the gods against eachother.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 07:00:21 am by mcdonaldjord »

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: August 09, 2011, 07:32:36 am »

Nothing is more insane than chronic backstabbing syndrome. We can't do that without allies. Not that I trust Valahun. Who knows, though, there might be someone we like in the patheon. Not that we have much choice. Best to tilt our face beard, start mad laugh, and then stop abruptly to say yes, but... ask what it is he may be hiding.

We should check ourself for any foul magic he may have planted on us. That might be what let him summon us. He likely knows about our water civ idea, since he knows we randomly disappear into the ocean. We need a way to mask our stuffness. Probably absorbing someone would let us appear as them. Not that we can realistically do that now. We might be better off running away with our new minions the first chance we get. We could also create a new, dormant disease for our insects. Should it cause madness? Death? Either way, we want everyone infected by it. Not sure how to do that without our friend Valahun finding out, though. Could just add this disease to our insects' arsenal and let them infect later. Or infect in a different way. Anyway, we can't do any of that without some way of masking it. A new disease for the insects would have the old disease to mask itself. Let's just hope our forced promise to not infect people further will mean he won't kill our bugs. Should hold off on infecting until we want it used, since our presence in the infected is obvious.

The more I think about it, the more I want to just leave while we can. We got what we wanted - enough followers to sustain ourself (and then some) as well as a feel for our power and limitations. We should create a mini-dimension between the void and the real world within our void-born beard, make it habitable, and then cram all our worshipers in there. Should also collect tons of our insects and shove them in our beard. After that we should abandon this experiment and head for a new planet. Might be best to at least try asking if we can just leave with our life-sustaining worshipers and insects if we promise to never return to this planet. The promise to never return is sincere - this place is dangerous. If he says "No, join or die", then join, and then at night collect our worshipers and insects as quickly as possible. Might be safest to take our regular jog out into the ocean before doing so, and have our insects carry the followers to us. For extra jerkass points, leave a plague of locusts to eat all the plant life. If he lets us go, we can leave him a nicer present than locusts. He'd surely get a laugh out of one of those nautilus guys we wanted to rule. Either way, he really should let us go after learning what we're capable of. Maybe we aren't worth absorbing? Especially cause of our madness.

Edit: If he let's us off the hook, we should take the cube too. I'm sure Valahun would prefer it that way anyway.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 07:59:26 am by peglegpengeuin »

jetex1911

• Bay Watcher
  • [MAXAGE:∞]
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: August 09, 2011, 08:01:29 am »

The more I think about it, the more I want to just leave while we can. We got what we wanted - enough followers to sustain ourself (and then some) as well as a feel for our power and limitations. We should create a mini-dimension between the void and the real world within our void-born beard, make it habitable, and then cram all our worshipers in there. Should also collect tons of our insects and shove them in our beard. After that we should abandon this experiment and head for a new planet. Might be best to at least try asking if we can just leave with our life-sustaining worshipers and insects if we promise to never return to this planet. The promise to never return is sincere - this place is dangerous. If he says "No, join or die", then join, and then at night collect our worshipers and insects as quickly as possible. Might be safest to take our regular jog out into the ocean before doing so, and have our insects carry the followers to us. For extra jerkass points, leave a plague of locusts to eat all the plant life. If he lets us go, we can leave him a nicer present than locusts. He'd surely get a laugh out of one of those nautilus guys we wanted to rule. Either way, he really should let us go after learning what we're capable of. Maybe we aren't worth absorbing? Especially cause of our madness.

Edit: If he let's us off the hook, we should take the cube too. I'm sure Valahun would prefer it that way anyway.
I agree with all of these.
Put into this light, Dr. Robotnik and Armok could easily have been roommates.

Known as That_Kobold on BYOND

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: August 09, 2011, 08:08:13 am »

To clarify, I only agree with the leaving plan right now. Also good to check for anything Valahun could have planted on us.

Edit: How much belief for mini-dimensional beard upgrade? Please say before update.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 09:48:59 am by peglegpengeuin »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: August 09, 2011, 08:30:03 am »

He knows our secrets we must bow to his wishes...even if only for the moment. I say we haven't caused enough havoc in this realm yet. This planet is rife with sentient life, and I doubt we currently have enough power to create a habitable void-space. It takes a few thousand belief to turn 10 creatures sentient after organis' reduction, a new dimension is a totally different ball-park. We also need to see how other, well established gods do things, and corrupt the process for our own from there.
Agree to join Pantheon
Ask to meet the other gods
Examine Madness Cube for tampering while waiting
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: August 09, 2011, 10:18:32 am »

Though I'd love to leave, I'd figure LEAVING a dimension takes MASSIVELY more energy than coming to it through the void. IF we are allowed to leave, and IF our followers can come along, anyway.

I say we temporarily join their pantheon, as if we flee we can be tracked. We've been backed into a corner and we're too weak to fight, SO, our only viable choice is to join forces. Hell, we might like it. If we don't, we can always leave/kill/asplode later on when the time is right.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: August 09, 2011, 10:33:09 am »

Though I'd love to leave, I'd figure LEAVING a dimension takes MASSIVELY more energy than coming to it through the void. IF we are allowed to leave, and IF our followers can come along, anyway.

I say we temporarily join their pantheon, as if we flee we can be tracked. We've been backed into a corner and we're too weak to fight, SO, our only viable choice is to join forces. Hell, we might like it. If we don't, we can always leave/kill/asplode later on when the time is right.

Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

Ottofar

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, spinning?
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: August 09, 2011, 12:46:25 pm »

I'm voting for joining.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: August 09, 2011, 03:07:21 pm »

If I'm correct, 5 votes for Accept, and 4 votes for Decline. I'm not sure so I'll wait a bit more.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 37