Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 51440 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #195 on: August 08, 2011, 08:47:56 am »

-snipped for length-
Sounds good. If we have the belief for it.
Restore skills to infected sentients,
I guess we should Place geas on sentient worshippers/infected,(so they can't contradict or go against us)
And then Instruct worshippers to preach our gospel and our miracle in "saving" them
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 08, 2011, 10:28:45 am »

Dang, their science is a lot better than I expected. Do they have antibiotics? Anyway, awesome game thus far.

We should change our strategy a bit. First off, infected should regain all their skills and abilities. Their "flavor" of insanity should also be changed, preferably to a warm, kindly type that's incredibly toned down. Most important is that their core personalities emerge and become prevalent so people don't feel that we "took them away" when it's an official religion. I assume they haven't made the connection between us and the disease. Our servants must make up a story about how we were created when they sought freedom from the disease, and that we were born to grant their wish. If they try to express otherwise, such as that we started the disease, all that will come out is small talk about the weather, or something. We should be in them enough by now to do this to them without the disease, which we might give our own cure for. Also, those who worship us should begin to mutate positive enhancements related to their job. For instance, warriors should get tougher skin. Make sure people know we're responsible for that. That should entice people to convert. Our worshipers should also try to get convertees and go through the legal process to set up our first place of worship. The insect disease should be unchanged (though still spread across the continent), so as to make it seem natural. We might even be able to fool Valahun into thinking the infected Uivar aren't our servants and that we're significantly weaker than we really are. If it changed suddenly, well that could cause suspicion.

Speaking of causing suspicion, let's infect people with a new disease. Instead of insects, let's go for food mold. It's affects should be less severe than the insect disease, making it less obvious. It should also be a completely different virus/bacteria that responds differently to drugs. Should be spread to their grains I guess. Can insects be carriers for mold? It should also not be visible on grains and food. Those who are infected should naturally come to us for the cure, in exchange for worship. Inspired by ergot, though it's pretty different.

Really happy we got an income. Sad we didn't find any specific smartish sea life, and then get an exact number as to how much belief their sentience'll cost. If we aren't too busy with the above, can we start on this?

Also, it might be impressive to break the cube artifact with our mind right before appearing and "fixing" people. That'll create a dramatic effect, almost like we hatched out of it. Of course we'd also lose an artifact...  can we get a partial refund for it? If that priest from earlier recognizes our beard and the fact that he saw us before the cube asploded, claim we were borderline existent back then, and that the cube disappearing finally let us free. If people claim the cube came before the disease, claim it didn't, and that most people probably just didn't know about it.
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 08, 2011, 10:31:57 am »

now its COPER coins.
for crying out loud,where is the other P?
I am a Goober.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: August 08, 2011, 11:17:06 am »

How To Mass-Assimilate Sentient Beings:

To establish ourselves as a 'tolerant' but powerful god, return the gift of speech and human senses to the infected, bestowing our favor upon them. Appear to them, then, and reveal yourself to be a god of 'Trasformation' (Use this term so as not to call suspicion, NONE must know of the 'mutation' aspect) and 'Dreams', so as to cover for your ability to distort the mind and cause fantastic hallucinations. ;) Speak to these new believers and give them the choice of 'becoming one with you' and 'becoming blessed by transformation into stronger, more intelligent, uniquely-gifted beings' as long as they worship you and spread word of your power, compassion, and abilities. (VERY IMPORTANT psychological stimuli for religious converts to feel they are powerless in the face of a god, yet have the ability to consciously side with them of their own Will)

With your new personality of compassion, power, and transformation slowly spreading by word of mouth through your followers and those they speak to, you'll begin gaining more believers, more worshipers, and a POSITIVE REPUTATION with mortals AND gods, which will help you in the long run with diplomacy. All the while, our infected will be spreading our disease (we could tone up the insanity and make them think its the Shadow's doing, :P) and our influence along with it.

Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 08, 2011, 11:19:39 am »

Dang, their science is a lot better than I expected. Do they have antibiotics? Anyway, awesome game thus far.

We should change our strategy a bit. First off, infected should regain all their skills and abilities. Their "flavor" of insanity should also be changed, preferably to a warm, kindly type that's incredibly toned down. Most important is that their core personalities emerge and become prevalent so people don't feel that we "took them away" when it's an official religion. I assume they haven't made the connection between us and the disease. Our servants must make up a story about how we were created when they sought freedom from the disease, and that we were born to grant their wish. If they try to express otherwise, such as that we started the disease, all that will come out is small talk about the weather, or something. We should be in them enough by now to do this to them without the disease, which we might give our own cure for. Also, those who worship us should begin to mutate positive enhancements related to their job. For instance, warriors should get tougher skin. Make sure people know we're responsible for that. That should entice people to convert. Our worshipers should also try to get convertees and go through the legal process to set up our first place of worship. The insect disease should be unchanged (though still spread across the continent), so as to make it seem natural. We might even be able to fool Valahun into thinking the infected Uivar aren't our servants and that we're significantly weaker than we really are. If it changed suddenly, well that could cause suspicion.

Speaking of causing suspicion, let's infect people with a new disease. Instead of insects, let's go for food mold. It's affects should be less severe than the insect disease, making it less obvious. It should also be a completely different virus/bacteria that responds differently to drugs. Should be spread to their grains I guess. Can insects be carriers for mold? It should also not be visible on grains and food. Those who are infected should naturally come to us for the cure, in exchange for worship. Inspired by ergot, though it's pretty different.

I second this, with my above post added to further diversify things and solidify ourselves diplomatically in this new volatile political/religious situation.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 08, 2011, 11:24:59 am »

I agree and love this thread.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 08, 2011, 01:29:05 pm »

I agree with Ehndras, especially about claiming to be the god of transformation and dreams.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 08, 2011, 01:48:05 pm »

I agree with Ehndras too.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: August 08, 2011, 01:57:50 pm »

Am I the only one who's starting to feel this would make a kick-ass RPG game? If anyone's interested in setting up a forum or starting an actual game, let me know. :P I'm a writer and artist (businessman by day, soon to be Air Force intelligence officer, hehe) and I would absolutely love to work on a few RPGs with anyone who needs editors, writers, etc.

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: August 08, 2011, 02:05:45 pm »

Yeah, i would like a game like this, especially because you create almost all the history in the game.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: August 08, 2011, 02:20:29 pm »

Hell, we could always make a forum and use this as a template for a play-by-post roleplay community. Each player is a god, demi-god, spirit, deity, or some sort of entity who shapes the world around him.

Would be fun to make hundreds of different worlds up as we go along, each with their unique geography, nations, religions, etc. :)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: August 08, 2011, 02:46:42 pm »

You agree to their deal. You change their insanity to a less paralyzing one (suggestions on what they do now would be appreciated).
You then tell the fifteen that you are not the god of insanity but of dreams and transformation. The insanity was like a transformation in itself; the minds that were once simple and mortal are now much more. This you said to them.

(3-1) You ask them if they would like assimilate with their god; they all say no except for one who says yes. -1000 belief

You then tell them that those who worship you will be gifted in their professions. They are not entirely sure of what you mean.

You then tell them to spread your word and name. Organis, Lord of the Transformed and Dreamers.

You create another disease to help in gathering worshipers. -350 belief

Finally you search for a borderline sentient sea-going creature around the peninsula. This search takes some time without using belief. The most intelligent creature you can find is some kind of shelled mollusk the size of whales. They would require 2500pts to be turned sentient. This would be a group of 10

Your domesticated infected die off due to malnourishment and culling. -3 belief

(Hope I didn't miss anything. A lot of Growth now)

Stats
Belief   1980pts
Growth 894
Currency 200 copper coins

Traits
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mutants

Artefacts

Followers

Personifications

Plagues

Blessed/Priest
[/list]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 03:13:19 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: August 08, 2011, 03:46:29 pm »

Not sure what you mean by one of them assimilated with us. Also not sure what domesticated infected died.

Alright, guys. Should we asplode the cube and make our appearance? We aren't in such dire need of belief anymore, so it might be better to reabsorb the artifact's essence and just explode the physical cube. That way we can put the essence in a new cube later.

Also not sure if we should go for the shelled whales - they might be an important food resource, plus they probably need a lot of food. Probably best to make them smaller if we can. They can give us a nice max of 1000 belief a turn. We have control of the local fish population, and can make them do all the dirty work, from fetching food to moving supplies, and maybe even making underwater temples. That should leave our underwater children with plenty of time to worship us, be fruitful, and multiply. Probably best to keep them away from the shore too, so as to avoid losing them to fishermen.

All the landlubbers should think we were born from the infected's wish for transformation. Their new insanity should be a warm, cheery attitude. A sort of optimism. After all, those who predict a bright future must be suffering from some sort of delusion. A sense of pride should also be present.

I also like the idea of blaming the disease on the Shadow. It'll make that guy seem mad/suicidal, increasing the chances that Valahun will glory-hog and solo against the Shadow. There's a small chance, though, that they're already the same being, whether because the Shadow already consumed Valahun or because they were always the same. That'll suck.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: August 08, 2011, 03:51:19 pm »

they aren't whales, they are the size of whales. I imagined them as something like a nautilus. But you can imagine them as whales if you want.

Edit

I interpreted assimilation as becoming stronger, wiser, more intelligent, but losing a lot of free-will and having no creativity.

Oh and our cattle and sheep died.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 04:14:31 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: August 08, 2011, 04:12:22 pm »

So we finally found something we could make sentient and form underwater cities with? YESS!
For now let's
Direct some bees and ants to the Uviar nearby to pass on the Mad Plague
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 37