Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 51376 times)

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #180 on: August 07, 2011, 02:42:51 pm »

No, we must continue to weaken Valahun. We don't want him getting too strong. However, the mutated seafood thing might be too obvious. We might want to keep those away from the port city, and make them spread to the rest of the sea. Also, we should make them sentient worshipers, and make them start their own undersea civilization. That'll impress Valahun, who apparently loves civilizations, something he doesn't see a lot of these days. They won't be able to directly attack the Uviar, being sea bound and all, but they won't be invadable either. Good excuse to help Valahun only from the sidelines, letting only him lose followers in battle. Also good since it'll be impossible to tell how powerful we've become. Our empire will be hidden under the waves, and could anywhere from a mile long to the entire ocean.

Also, if we want to make contact with Valahun... we can probably do that via fancy act. Preferably an illusion of the fancy act, and not the act itself. We don't have much belief. Fancy act can be fireworks before introducing self. Or something more clever.

Not enough belief.
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 07, 2011, 03:47:53 pm »

What is enough then? It took 100 belief to create a small cube smart enough to know happiness. Maybe if we choose something already smartish, like their equivalent to dolphins? Could we cut the cost down that way?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 03:49:44 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 07, 2011, 03:49:17 pm »

20 000 pts
divided by two (due to mutator trait)
=10 000 pts

The cube itself didn't feel anything. You only think that it was happy; your madness thought it was.

Way way down if we chose something intelligent. Around 3000-5000 if near human intelligence.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 03:53:36 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 07, 2011, 03:57:15 pm »

Made edits to above post while you made response. Also, that is a lot. We need to turn our drain into a gain, fast. I still say spread our insects and the wildlife that carries them into the Uivar places. Maybe we should also make our current and future worshipers closer to fanatical? Also thinking of letting everyone know we exist so we get 1 belief x population.

Finally, figure out what's smart in the ocean.

Edit: Does the 3000-5000 include the mutator trait?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 04:01:04 pm by peglegpengeuin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: August 07, 2011, 04:20:26 pm »

no, which is very good for us. We could make a group of dolphins unusally smart sentient now...at the cost of most of our belief.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 07, 2011, 05:31:06 pm »

We should wait to do that mabye after a few followers on the surface.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 07, 2011, 06:53:21 pm »

Hello.
Seek out our sentient infected and turn them with a show of divinity(Townfire,warp a nearby creature,change physical form,etc)

Why not try to become the god of the Uivar?
1)They're nomadic and barbaric, so a show of force should do it
2)They likely have less reservations about mass mayhem, seeing as they worshipped a personification of Chaos. That's not far from insanity.
3)If The Shadow still exists and has some power it's more likely to side with us than Valahun is (we are Organis god of Mutation and Insanity)
4)They seem to blanket the world, imagine the power we could get by corrupting them.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 07, 2011, 07:00:25 pm »

Hello.
Seek out our sentient infected and turn them with a show of divinity(Townfire,warp a nearby creature,change physical form,etc)

Why not try to become the god of the Uivar?
1)They're nomadic and barbaric, so a show of force should do it
2)They likely have less reservations about mass mayhem, seeing as they worshipped a personification of Chaos. That's not far from insanity.
3)If The Shadow still exists and has some power it's more likely to side with us than Valahun is (we are Organis god of Mutation and Insanity)
4)They seem to blanket the world, imagine the power we could get by corrupting them.

Let's do it!
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 07, 2011, 07:11:27 pm »

I still think our best bet is siding with Valahun, and then backstabbing/eating him when the Shadow's gone. I think he's desperate enough to side with the personification of mutation. Insanity might need some masking, though. We also can't be too bad if we're helping him and we have our own civilized people/mutant-fish. As for a show of force, I think the insects are enough to convert them en masse. Going ourselves may cost extra belief, though I guess it might be worth it to do both in separate areas. We definitely want to corrupt convert them to our worthy cause. Also, they blanket the continent, not the world (I think).

The main reason I want to "help" Valahun is that he seems weaker than the Shadow. We want to omnom both. Not omnoming both is dangerous. We can't win against either. If we can make them about even with each other, they'll keep exchanging blows and bringing each other down. Then we can swoop in. Of course, this plan is useless if siding with Valahun won't work, but as I said I think it will. Especially since he's a tolerant god.

Edit: I seem outvoted on the side-choosing. Since nothing good can come from spitting at Valahun, let's not yet. We can decide how to team-up, if we even do, later when everyone knows who we are.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 07:14:14 pm by peglegpengeuin »

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 07, 2011, 07:16:24 pm »

Just a headsup. Updates will be slower now due to personal commitments. Update soon, perhaps.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 07, 2011, 08:30:14 pm »

Edit sorry for double post
------------------------------------

You decide you have learnt enough for now. This Valahun and Shadow are interesting...You decide to leave the city without the cube.

You return to the countryside the way you you came. Your various  "Infected" are spreading the Divine Disease most speedily, however, elders and those who deal with disease are starting to be aware of it. A "cure" may be devised by them.

Your "Swarm" has grown substantially since your visit to the city. +10 Growth.

The infected sentients are numbered at 34.

You appear to the first fifteen. They shudder in fear, but then they recognise you for you are part of them. Most of them are not understandable due to insanity, had you been a mere mortal. As a personification, you understood them perfectly. They beg for their old abilities back (proper speech, knowledge, no random movements, etc.) in exchange they'll worship of you.

Stats
Belief  2086pts
Growth 47pts
Currency 200 copper coins

Traits
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mutants
Artefacts

Followers

Personifications
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 02:11:28 pm by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: August 08, 2011, 01:08:55 am »

Dang, their science is a lot better than I expected. Do they have antibiotics? Anyway, awesome game thus far.

We should change our strategy a bit. First off, infected should regain all their skills and abilities. Their "flavor" of insanity should also be changed, preferably to a warm, kindly type that's incredibly toned down. Most important is that their core personalities emerge and become prevalent so people don't feel that we "took them away" when it's an official religion. I assume they haven't made the connection between us and the disease. Our servants must make up a story about how we were created when they sought freedom from the disease, and that we were born to grant their wish. If they try to express otherwise, such as that we started the disease, all that will come out is small talk about the weather, or something. We should be in them enough by now to do this to them without the disease, which we might give our own cure for. Also, those who worship us should begin to mutate positive enhancements related to their job. For instance, warriors should get tougher skin. Make sure people know we're responsible for that. That should entice people to convert. Our worshipers should also try to get convertees and go through the legal process to set up our first place of worship. The insect disease should be unchanged (though still spread across the continent), so as to make it seem natural. We might even be able to fool Valahun into thinking the infected Uivar aren't our servants and that we're significantly weaker than we really are. If it changed suddenly, well that could cause suspicion.

Speaking of causing suspicion, let's infect people with a new disease. Instead of insects, let's go for food mold. It's affects should be less severe than the insect disease, making it less obvious. It should also be a completely different virus/bacteria that responds differently to drugs. Should be spread to their grains I guess. Can insects be carriers for mold? It should also not be visible on grains and food. Those who are infected should naturally come to us for the cure, in exchange for worship. Inspired by ergot, though it's pretty different.

Really happy we got an income. Sad we didn't find any specific smartish sea life, and then get an exact number as to how much belief their sentience'll cost. If we aren't too busy with the above, can we start on this?

Also, it might be impressive to break the cube artifact with our mind right before appearing and "fixing" people. That'll create a dramatic effect, almost like we hatched out of it. Of course we'd also lose an artifact...  can we get a partial refund for it? If that priest from earlier recognizes our beard and the fact that he saw us before the cube asploded, claim we were borderline existent back then, and that the cube disappearing finally let us free. If people claim the cube came before the disease, claim it didn't, and that most people probably just didn't know about it.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 02:24:41 am by peglegpengeuin »

magmaholic

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hello again"- canadian stalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 08, 2011, 02:54:53 am »

200 COOPER coins?
its copper.duh.
I am a Goober.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 08, 2011, 02:57:42 am »

thanks for pointing it out
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Azkul

• Bay Watcher
  • Also,
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 08, 2011, 04:52:35 am »

Dang, their science is a lot better than I expected. Do they have antibiotics? Anyway, awesome game thus far.

We should change our strategy a bit. First off, infected should regain all their skills and abilities. Their "flavor" of insanity should also be changed, preferably to a warm, kindly type that's incredibly toned down. Most important is that their core personalities emerge and become prevalent so people don't feel that we "took them away" when it's an official religion. I assume they haven't made the connection between us and the disease. Our servants must make up a story about how we were created when they sought freedom from the disease, and that we were born to grant their wish. If they try to express otherwise, such as that we started the disease, all that will come out is small talk about the weather, or something. We should be in them enough by now to do this to them without the disease, which we might give our own cure for. Also, those who worship us should begin to mutate positive enhancements related to their job. For instance, warriors should get tougher skin. Make sure people know we're responsible for that. That should entice people to convert. Our worshipers should also try to get convertees and go through the legal process to set up our first place of worship. The insect disease should be unchanged (though still spread across the continent), so as to make it seem natural. We might even be able to fool Valahun into thinking the infected Uivar aren't our servants and that we're significantly weaker than we really are. If it changed suddenly, well that could cause suspicion.

Speaking of causing suspicion, let's infect people with a new disease. Instead of insects, let's go for food mold. It's affects should be less severe than the insect disease, making it less obvious. It should also be a completely different virus/bacteria that responds differently to drugs. Should be spread to their grains I guess. Can insects be carriers for mold? It should also not be visible on grains and food. Those who are infected should naturally come to us for the cure, in exchange for worship. Inspired by ergot, though it's pretty different.

Really happy we got an income. Sad we didn't find any specific smartish sea life, and then get an exact number as to how much belief their sentience'll cost. If we aren't too busy with the above, can we start on this?

Also, it might be impressive to break the cube artifact with our mind right before appearing and "fixing" people. That'll create a dramatic effect, almost like we hatched out of it. Of course we'd also lose an artifact...  can we get a partial refund for it? If that priest from earlier recognizes our beard and the fact that he saw us before the cube asploded, claim we were borderline existent back then, and that the cube disappearing finally let us free. If people claim the cube came before the disease, claim it didn't, and that most people probably just didn't know about it.
Whereas !!ALCHEMY!! has, since the times of Kings Arthur and Charlemagne, been about transforming oneself into a horse using feces.
It turns out sleep is unnecessary because you can just get married and get infinite kisses
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 37