Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 51431 times)

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #165 on: August 06, 2011, 08:31:47 pm »

Take the form of the race that inhabits the city and try to learn about their culture and try to find what you can about what happened to the cube secretly.

Well, I'm scared of that other deity. We should at least learn what kind of deity it is, and I can't think of a better way than this. I wouldn't inquire so much into the cube, though, since suspicion is bad. Anyway, I have a plan to kill the deity: Send bloodsucking insect minions at enemy to drain its power away and put a bit of ourselves into it. Use own power to restrain/suppress enemy if needed so it doesn't smoosh our insects. When it is sufficiently weak, omnom it with our beard. Of course, this won't work against the god of fire. Also might be good to do this at night so the deity can't see our forces coming... and maybe it'll be sleeping too. Tell me if you like the plan, guys. Also, voting for taking the form of the inhabitants and learning stuffs, especially about deities.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: August 06, 2011, 09:21:23 pm »

Not very many suggestions...but its time to update
----------------------------------------------------------------

You take the form of the major race that inhabits the city. You appear outside the city and walk to the city gate. It's heavily defended. Crossbowmen patrol the walls and a regiment of men can be seen guarding te entrance. You can hear a lot more soldiers inside.

The walls themselves were immense. They were 20-30 metres tall and you could see that there were also a second, third, and fourth wall.

There is a crowd crowding the entrance...apprantly this is just the daily group of traders and farmers entering and leaving the city.

It takes at least an hour for you to get to the gates. The guards inspect everyone who enters.

"Packing light eh? What the farms too much effort for yeh? Or are you anoth'a refugee?"

Before you can answer you are pushed into the city. What you see inside is something that amazed even you, and your not even mortal!

Engraved on the walls are stories and legends of some sort. Something to do with a great shadow and a great holy dragon... Beyond the walls you see a great statue as big as a palace. It depicts a great slender dragon protecting a group of mortals. Other gods and spirits seem to reside on the great drake.

"Everyone's awed when they see Hafad-Lort's depiction of Valahun Finding his People. No one really get's over it" A trader of some sort says this.

So, the great diety who had interfered was Valahun....What could he do you wonder.

You continue to wander around the city, it stretches for miles and you go in circles cosntantly. Palaces and manors are scattered all over but ghettos and hovels are even more constant. Squads and regiments of soldiers and guards patrol the streets, with pride and duty. Artistians can be seen at their work.

Eventually you learn that the major ethnic group here are called the Vehna, in honour of their god.  The race itself are somekind of human...with longer arms and shorter legs. Their eyes glow in the dark. Many other races and ethnic groups are also in the city, apprantly refugees from over the mountains. This is the last bastion of civlization on the continent, the rest has been taken by the Uivars. Temples and shrines are on every block, most dedicated to Valahun but those dedicated to other dieties are present. You find that you cannot enter them.

After even more wandering, you find some rumours on the cube. Apparantly it appeared out of nowhere in the residence of Grandmaster Fedars-Ke of the Drake's Talons order. He being wise enough, gave it over to the priesthood of Valahun for safekeeping. They then locked it into one of their sanctums. You also learn that Valahun is not an idea, or a myth, or even a god who dosen't appear to his followers, he is a physical god who resides under or within the Vadatu-the centre of the priesthood. No one is really sure.

You feel the amount of mutants grow....slightly. 2 Drain

The humans that were infected have caught the insanity. They do not know of your existence though. If you appeared to them you may gain your first worshipers.

Stats
Belief 2122pts
Drain     83pts

Traits
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Artifacts

Mutants

Followers

What shall we do?
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 11:06:29 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: August 06, 2011, 09:57:01 pm »

Find out what Valahun is the god of, Ask locals.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: August 06, 2011, 10:14:02 pm »

A black and white planet? Time to add some gray! Anyway, it seems like we gave the cube to the wrong guy. Also, I think Mr. Purple is the leader of the Uivars, and the "great shadow" from the monument. Probably not though. Note to self - make similarly awesome monument to self some day. We should "team up" with the weaker of the two warring gods, which seems to be Dr. Light, dragon guardian. That doesn't mean we should stop taking his followers secretly, though. Just focus more on hurting his enemy. Secretly for now, of course, since we're so weak. By that, I mean spread our disease throughout the continent, so that the Uivars may take the brunt of our insanity.

It's a risky move, but I say we make actual contact with Valahun soon after. We'll need something impressive to... impress him with first. He's probably a chivalrous jerk who'll sense our dark stuffs and decide we're evil. And he'll only be half right. The impressive thing should be one of his enemy's artifacts. If we can find one and bring it to Valahun, I'm sure he'll be willing to team up. It'll also be a good reason for him to attack the Uivars, which seem to have backed him into a corner. Playing the two sides against each other while we steal power from both. Best that he doesn't know about the insects that spread insanity.

Not sure what to do about the cube - he's bound to figure out it's ours. That, and it's pretty nifty. I like nifty. I suppose we can lie, and say we knew they'd lock it up all along. It was never a sign of war, just a... test of wisdom? Congrats, you and your followers passed, Valahunnybun! Now give it back so we can inflict the insanity status effect on our enemies.

Oh, and how should we present ourselves to Valahun? Organis, personification of mutation and insanity sounds bad, especially the insanity part. How about Organis, personification of natural change? He might buy that, especially since giving him a chance to kill his foe counts as a change in his favor.

And after all that, it turns out I misinterpreted your post, and Valahun's enemy god's already dead, or something.

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: August 06, 2011, 10:29:15 pm »

A black and white planet? Time to add some gray! Anyway, it seems like we gave the cube to the wrong guy. Also, I think Mr. Purple is the leader of the Uivars, and the "great shadow" from the monument. Probably not though. Note to self - make similarly awesome monument to self some day. We should "team up" with the weaker of the two warring gods, which seems to be Dr. Light, dragon guardian. That doesn't mean we should stop taking his followers secretly, though. Just focus more on hurting his enemy. Secretly for now, of course, since we're so weak. By that, I mean spread our disease throughout the continent, so that the Uivars may take the brunt of our insanity.

It's a risky move, but I say we make actual contact with Valahun soon after. We'll need something impressive to... impress him with first. He's probably a chivalrous jerk who'll sense our dark stuffs and decide we're evil. And he'll only be half right. The impressive thing should be one of his enemy's artifacts. If we can find one and bring it to Valahun, I'm sure he'll be willing to team up. It'll also be a good reason for him to attack the Uivars, which seem to have backed him into a corner. Playing the two sides against each other while we steal power from both. Best that he doesn't know about the insects that spread insanity.

Not sure what to do about the cube - he's bound to figure out it's ours. That, and it's pretty nifty. I like nifty. I suppose we can lie, and say we knew they'd lock it up all along. It was never a sign of war, just a... test of wisdom? Congrats, you and your followers passed, Valahunnybun! Now give it back so we can inflict the insanity status effect on our enemies.

Oh, and how should we present ourselves to Valahun? Organis, personification of mutation and insanity sounds bad, especially the insanity part. How about Organis, personification of natural change? He might buy that, especially since giving him a chance to kill his foe counts as a change in his favor.

And after all that, it turns out I misinterpreted your post, and Valahun's enemy god's already dead, or something.

I approve!
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: August 06, 2011, 10:33:21 pm »

He aint as good and holy as he seems....You can't be too holy to safeguard what's left of civilization...
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 10:42:30 pm by micelus »
Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: August 06, 2011, 10:50:35 pm »

That's even better, maybe. Though it might mean the other guy is good and holy. Does your post imply that it is a bad idea to temporarily team up?

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: August 07, 2011, 02:47:56 am »

You ask some traders what Valahun is. They wait a bit for the next part of the joke. After a while they realise your serious. They stare at you for a good while.

"You must have been living in a cave friend. I don't know how you don't know....Really I can't explain this, go ask a priest."

You try to do just that. You cannot however enter any holy place; the gods seem to be blocking your presence. You wait for a priest to leave. You spend your time begging, you acquire at least two pocketfuls of small coins; you have no idea how much they're worth.

Eventually a priest comes out. You ask him who this Valahun is...He is shocked someone seriously dosen't know who the Great Dragon is, but he give you a brief lecture.

Valahun is the Great Dragon who halted the Uivars expansion. He came falling from the heavens one day and appeared beside the the commander of the Vehna (or Geuneb as they were called then) armies and fought by their side. He then single-handedly fought his way through the Uivar camps looking for the kheyitu (the leader of the Uivars). Upon doing so the Uivar priest summoned a spirit that would be called the Shadow who fought with Valahun. Valahun was nearly devoured but was saved by blind luck. He retreated to Hersen (the Vehna capital and only remaining city) and has been worshiped since. He has left his home at times to inspect the country and to help defend the border. He is often asked for help in government and social matters. The Shadow itself went on to devour much of the Uivar command and thus broke the ambitions of a united continent. This forced them back into their nomadic-raiding lifestyle. The Shadow is said to have begun devouring the very lifeforce of the trees, animals, and pretty much anything; it eventually tried devouring the the Vehna and even enslaved much of the Uivar  for an attack. It was defeated but with great cost; the lost of the territories beyond the mountains. Apparantly all this had only happened 134-500 years ago.

The priest tries to say even more but you cut him off.

You then discuss his traits and other things.

He is the god and lord of civilization, discipline, ingenuity, and all that is good. He has been called the Protector God and the Tolerant as he has allowed the worship of other gods and also the existance of other races.

(I won't allow you to go to him right now as I don't see anywhere in the posts on how we're going to access him)

You feel that several more sentients have been infected, twelve to be specific.

Stats
Belief 2039pts
Drain     83pts
Currency 200 copper(?) coins

Traits

Artifacts

Mutants

Followers

Peronifications
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 02:53:27 am by micelus »
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: August 07, 2011, 04:32:30 am »

Well, We know now that we can convert worshippers openly, And at mass.

Are there any tasks that need to be done? Any foul beasts that need killing?
 We have to prove our oursleves to the public.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: August 07, 2011, 05:03:29 am »

Well driving out the Uivars would pretty much escalate anyone to 2nd Greatest God, or even 1st. Extremely difficult though. All truly dangerous beast were domesticated or driven to extinction years ago.
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: August 07, 2011, 08:50:54 am »

Ask one of the priests if you can talk to Valahun, saying it's an urgent matter. If you are allowed, say that you are willing to help the Vehna destroy the Uivars and The Shadow, and that you are willing to prove that we want to help.

Also, make the infected not bite anyone of that city. Tell the infected to bite other things. And make eating the infected not make the Vehna or anyone of that city infected, so that the infected don't do anything stupid that completely destroy our relationship with Valahun.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: August 07, 2011, 10:16:42 am »

Well driving out the Uivars would pretty much escalate anyone to 2nd Greatest God, or even 1st. Extremely difficult though. All truly dangerous beast were domesticated or driven to extinction years ago.

Lies! The most dangerous beasts are still around, and under our control. There is no warrior who can fight off insects. Only pesticide agents. We should spread our insects over the entire continent, so that the Uivar may feel them.

Ask one of the priests if you can talk to Valahun, saying it's an urgent matter. If you are allowed, say that you are willing to help the Vehna destroy the Uivars and The Shadow, and that you are willing to prove that we want to help.

Also, make the infected not bite anyone of that city. Tell the infected to bite other things. And make eating the infected not make the Vehna or anyone of that city infected, so that the infected don't do anything stupid that completely destroy our relationship with Valahun.

No, we must continue to weaken Valahun. We don't want him getting too strong. However, the mutated seafood thing might be too obvious. We might want to keep those away from the port city, and make them spread to the rest of the sea. Also, we should make them sentient worshipers, and make them start their own undersea civilization. That'll impress Valahun, who apparently loves civilizations, something he doesn't see a lot of these days. They won't be able to directly attack the Uviar, being sea bound and all, but they won't be invadable either. Good excuse to help Valahun only from the sidelines, letting only him lose followers in battle. Also good since it'll be impossible to tell how powerful we've become. Our empire will be hidden under the waves, and could anywhere from a mile long to the entire ocean.

Also, if we want to make contact with Valahun... we can probably do that via fancy act. Preferably an illusion of the fancy act, and not the act itself. We don't have much belief. Fancy act can be fireworks before introducing self. Or something more clever.

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: August 07, 2011, 10:19:27 am »

Lies! The most dangerous beasts are still around, and under our control. There is no warrior who can fight off insects. Only pesticide agents. We should spread our insects over the entire continent, so that the Uivar may feel them.

No, we must continue to weaken Valahun. We don't want him getting too strong. However, the mutated seafood thing might be too obvious. We might want to keep those away from the port city, and make them spread to the rest of the sea. Also, we should make them sentient worshipers, and make them start their own undersea civilization. That'll impress Valahun, who apparently loves civilizations, something he doesn't see a lot of these days. They won't be able to directly attack the Uviar, being sea bound and all, but they won't be invadable either. Good excuse to help Valahun only from the sidelines, letting only him lose followers in battle. Also good since it'll be impossible to tell how powerful we've become. Our empire will be hidden under the waves, and could anywhere from a mile long to the entire ocean.

Also, if we want to make contact with Valahun... we can probably do that via fancy act. Preferably an illusion of the fancy act, and not the act itself. We don't have much belief. Fancy act can be fireworks before introducing self. Or something more clever.

Let's do it!

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: August 07, 2011, 12:44:13 pm »

Yes, air droping insects to attack the Uivars seems like a good idea we can use birds to drop the ants into their camps... ITS INSANE!
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: August 07, 2011, 02:21:16 pm »

Build statue of out self in the middle of the city. All shall know of our powers.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 37