Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 51375 times)

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #255 on: August 10, 2011, 01:09:51 pm »

Contact your most loyal, insane follower through the realm of dreams, and guide him through insane imagery that only a follower of Organis would understand. Instruct him to "gather followers for a grand future undertaking; the altar of Organis, infused with the powers of Transformation and Mutation. Perhaps even a village of our own, where we may keep to our own business in relative peace."

This will show we are not planning any immediate betrayal, and that we are going to mind our business. For now, lets play nice while defending our interests.

Soon... It will be time to reach out to the invaders. Not personally, but through our blessed follower and the Sons of Organis. I do believe that if we contact them and convince them we can aid them, we can turn the tables on Vahun, as I call him. For now, though, let us bolster our numbers and fortify our people so that we don't begin losing our few followers to 'unfortunate accidents' and such.

EDIT: The point of this is because we are DEFINITELY being watched. We need to begin implementing methods of communication that can't be 'tapped'.
Agreed. We should also Give those mollusk, sea critters sentience, give them a cool name, and convert them. The 2500 cost will be offset by the belief we will be raking in (sea critters are known to have dozens of children at a time). And when the time comes for us to break off from the pantheon, our naval power will be unmatched making it that much easier.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: August 10, 2011, 03:15:55 pm »

Contact your most loyal, insane follower through the realm of dreams, and guide him through insane imagery that only a follower of Organis would understand. Instruct him to "gather followers for a grand future undertaking; the altar of Organis, infused with the powers of Transformation and Mutation. Perhaps even a village of our own, where we may keep to our own business in relative peace."

This will show we are not planning any immediate betrayal, and that we are going to mind our business. For now, lets play nice while defending our interests.

Soon... It will be time to reach out to the invaders. Not personally, but through our blessed follower and the Sons of Organis. I do believe that if we contact them and convince them we can aid them, we can turn the tables on Vahun, as I call him. For now, though, let us bolster our numbers and fortify our people so that we don't begin losing our few followers to 'unfortunate accidents' and such.

EDIT: The point of this is because we are DEFINITELY being watched. We need to begin implementing methods of communication that can't be 'tapped'.
Agreed. We should also Give those mollusk, sea critters sentience, give them a cool name, and convert them. The 2500 cost will be offset by the belief we will be raking in (sea critters are known to have dozens of children at a time). And when the time comes for us to break off from the pantheon, our naval power will be unmatched making it that much easier.

Do you have any idea for that cool name?
Visit  my dragons, please.
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: August 10, 2011, 03:18:11 pm »

Pick a random word from a short list of my novel's made up words. I vote for Ul'mare, the sea-creature race of a few of my stories, just for the sake of ease. :P

--- --- ---

Aarkhan - God of Harmony and Justice, 'Aarkhan the Judge', father of Humanity
Aav: Where
Aberati: Horror
Abyss - Amorphic divinity, embodiment of absence {Comparable somewhat to Greek Chaos}
Accumo: Like
A'dhana: Within/Inside
Apruus: Above
Ach'rhemoc: High Lord {Title&Ranking/Disolatus' name for a hostile alien race of genetically-altered warriors}
Ademo: Domination
Aephos: Harmony
Aerahn:{Undefined}
Aevos: Malleable
Aevosin: Malleability
Aghame: Mage
Ahkhna'ad: Mortal Flesh
Ahkhna'ad Escali: Ascendancy(Literal: 'To rise above the mortal flesh')
Ahd: My
Aidenn - Elder God of Order and Power, the male embodiment of Force
Alekh'thaeos - God of Dreams and Illusions, 'Alekh the Dream-Weaver', father of the corrupted Blood Elves
Aluxia: Purity
Aseraph: Darkness
Athua'iib: Beautiful(Literal: 'Filled with Mystery')
Aya - Goddess of Passion and Perseverence, 'Aya the Illuminate', mother of the noble High Elves
Baelik: Battle/Dance
Bhae'rii: Under/Beneath
Celkarea: Reflection
Celkat: Reflect
Cel'katare: Reflecting
Celkatera: Reflected
Celkatra: Reflects
Cifrum - Writing
Ciberys - Elder Goddess of Chaos and Creation, the female embodiment of Change
Daan: The
Daemonas: {Race: Celestial}
Daemos: Dominion/Control
Deis: Ocean/Sea
Disolatus: Empty/Barren
Ehndras - Guardian
El'a: Woman/Female
El'au: Women
Elca: Location
Elora: Lady
Escali: To Rise (Above)
Esion: Pulse/Flow {Progression of Power/Reality}
Esionare: Flowing
E'solae: "Blooming flower"/Life
E'ht: Of
Fa'are: From
Gen: Symbol/Sign
Ghotik'a: A nomadic culture of exceptionally-talented artists, musicians, and gifted craftsmen who's mysterious traditions date back to the dawn of humanity, before the Ascendant Wars took hold of our world and led to the annihilation of most beings, and the weakening of the gods and their effects on this plane of existence. {Nomadic mixed culture, modeled upon the artistic precepts of Punk and Goth movements. Exceptional smiths&craftsmen, followers of the Craftsman&Lentias, friends of the Dwarven race, they have a liking for symmetry, metalworking, jewelry, earth colors, melodic lute/harp music, crystalwork, and are highly secretive.}
Gra'el - Quest {Brazilian word for Grail is Gra'al, ex: holy grail. Gra'el means goal, as in something you work to attain or accomplish. Gra'el is used to designate quests, journeys, and all goals of great import and/or divine nature. Two examples are pilgrimages and quests for the discovery of sacred relics.}
Gra'elare: Questing
Gravid: Birth
Gravius: Creation
Gravitare: Creating
Gravitra: Creates
Gravitus: Create
Hespani - ??? (Regional/Cultural term, derived from Spain)
Hessios: Whisper
Hessiovaegnas: {Angel's Whisper}, an omen of impending danger, or a voice which inspires great awe. Originally meant to describe a great cataclysm - massive tremors which will cause the very earth to vibrate, or 'scream in agony and ecstasy all at once'; an event which will befall the world during each of the three Winterings, and especially during the third, where the continents shall be sundered, the oceans shall rise, and both mortal and god alike shall face their destruction.
Hrafmir: Raven's Nest (Expression for a scavenger's hideout)
Iimbros: Child
Imperi: Important
Imperiati: An Imperial official - Imperiati describes a class of Imperials, though it is generally used to describe someone of high bearing, title, or ranking who is not a Lord
Inam: Name
Ita'ebb: 'Hidden from sight'
Itzan: Soul
Jih'enn: Spirit
Kaanter: Language
Kaquarii: "Fierce Ones"
Kauq'el: Fiercest
Kau'q: Fierce
Kevater: Dead
Kevatra: Death
Khala: Silence
Khala'riel: Silent
Kyeraeon - The remains of the original continent surrounding Hoarfrost Citadel
Lentias - Goddess of Music and Creativity, "Lentias the Whisperer", mother of the Ghotik'a
Lexius: Leader
L'nue'mel: Sacred Bond/Partnership/Marriage (From 'Lua de mel', Portuguese for Honeymoon)
Luxien: Pure
Luxius: Purity
Luxiva: Purest
Myrkha: One of the desert clans of Zemari, Amaara, and Achripha - south of of Aegea, (Name derived from meerkat)
Nemutsin: Music
Nocturne - Goddess of the Night, darkness given form; she is daughter of Abyss, who is formless and genderless, and Ciberys, created accidentally as the primordial darkness which resided within the universe before the Aether flooded it with light. As the universe became saturated with life-bringing Aether, Nocturne soon became more than formless void... So much more.
Noitar - Night
Noitar Baelik -  {Literally: Dance of Darkest Night} A nine-day ceremonial festival of great import across many lands. The ceremony surrounds the year's longest night, the final day in which the year is reborn. The actual Noitar Baelik festival consists of three parts, each spanning three days. The first three days are comprised of a great feast, symbolizing the preparation for a new Wintering, and the enjoyment of life while it still lasts, however weakened and wary. The three mid-days are split into certain ceremonies: the first day is a day of dedication to Hadrean god of War, physical and mental preparation for war. The second day is the actual Noitar Baelik, the Night of Battles, in which a massive battle is staged that symbolizes the War of the Ascended, the First Wintering, and the eternal struggle for change in this world. The third day is a day of reverence for the souls of the fallen, where Rhazzel is asked to guide the fallen. The final three days are the most moving of all... One the final three days, nine sacred bonfires are lit, three per day, while all the people feast in serene simplicity, on red wine and simple grain products (bread/cake/etc), to symbolize the simplicity and quiet vitality of a day, year, life reborn. As the bonfires are lit on each day, the festivities progressively grow to their apex on the third day of the third festival, the final ninth day, where the first new year's blessed unions, bloodpacts, and oaths are made, as thus being done on the first day of the true new year they bring fortune to their bearers. {Etc}
Nyd: Me
Nyehd: Mine
Ohn: Not
Pan-en: {Divine Touch} ~ All-Spirit, divine name of The One (Taken from Panentheism, belief that deity, god, the divine, etc., is both a part of everything existent, and in some ways possibly capable of taking physical form, whereas Pantheism is the belief that the divine is a part of us all and everything around us, living and nonliving, that we are made of divine material, and/or that we ourselves are divine by nature, as the universe itself is the divine)
Rhathiem: Mother
Rah-ti'ef: Father
Rhys'mhetaea: Aethermancer
Sereph: Dark
Serephel: Darkest
Sett: Is
Shyk'rar: Ancient's name for the Drakkonian race, the humanoid children of the Elder Dragons
Sid: This
Sih'ghame: Magus
Tefhos: Stubborn/Immovable
Thalos: Virtue
Thalosae: Virtuous (Full of Virtue)
Trekhel: Mechanical
Umani: Ancient word for the Human race
Uhnt: And
Un: A
Uni: An
Ul'ra: For
Vaegnas: Angel
Vijelae: Watches
Vijelare: Watching
Vijelus: Watch
Vies: You
Vigdas - Three sisters, goddesses of War, born from three drops of immortal blood spilled from the All-Seer upon being clawed across the left-cheek by a bear-like creature - the god Alekhthaeos in disguise {The only being, mortal or immortal, ever to draw blood from the All-Seer... This served as a sort of warning, showing the gods that mortal creatures were dangerous... And, as Alekh tricked them into doing, the gods greatly stripped mortal creatures of their strength, who until that point were more-or-less demi-gods.)
Vvaros: Sentinel
Wintering: The term for the year's end, the colder days, as well as the term used to denote the three great wars to come upon the world before it is reborn anew, as of Aarkhan'a mythology.
Xynderos: Men
Xyndros: Man
Ysaea: Warrior
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: August 10, 2011, 03:23:31 pm »

Quote from: Ehndras
I vote for Ul'mare[...]
Me too.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 03:25:05 pm by Dragongutz »
Visit my city, too. I would be very happy if you could visit it each day to increase its population.

micelus

• Bay Watcher
  • If you wait long enough, it moves.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: August 10, 2011, 04:13:11 pm »

Is it possible to change traits?

Also, how much belief (approximately) would it take to create creatures similar to the Pokémon, "Ditto"?

If our followers believe we are something for long enough, we will change traits. Example: All our worshipers, as well as non-worshipers, believe we hate chickens. After a time we will hate chickens.
-------------------------
Ul'mare
Bhae'rii
Escali

I like these ones. They sound good and their meanings make sense.

Do you hear that, Endra? NONE CAN STAND AGAINST THE POWER OF THE DENTAL, AHAHAHAHA!!!
You win Nakeen
Marduk is my waifu
Inanna is my husbando

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: August 10, 2011, 04:25:00 pm »

Quote from: micelus
If our followers believe we are something for long enough, we will change traits.

Then you shall become the god of transformation and dreams?

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: August 10, 2011, 04:32:11 pm »

Is it possible to change traits?

Also, how much belief (approximately) would it take to create creatures similar to the Pokémon, "Ditto"?

If our followers believe we are something for long enough, we will change traits. Example: All our worshipers, as well as non-worshipers, believe we hate chickens. After a time we will hate chickens.
-------------------------
Ul'mare
Bhae'rii
Escali

I like these ones. They sound good and their meanings make sense.

Aye, good eye you've got there :)

So its between the personifications (what my words are called) of Ul'mare "The Seaborn", Bhae'rii "From Under/Below", and Escali, "To Rise Above

Escali is a connector but Ul'mare and Bhae'rii are civilization names, though Bhae'rii also functions as the actual word under/below.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: August 10, 2011, 04:34:40 pm »

Quote from: micelus
If our followers believe we are something for long enough, we will change traits.

Then you shall become the god of transformation and dreams?

Mutation and transformation is THE EXACT SAME THING. All mutation is just transformation at a cellular/structural level. :)

Dreams, on the other hand... Well, like insanity, dreams can be wild and free or bloody and hate-filled. Dreams is a fine realm, as even gods will dream... And as the god of dreams, we will peer into the mind of gods and men alike, we shall see their deepest fears and darkest desires, and we will know them for who they really are.

Hint hint. ;)

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: August 10, 2011, 04:34:45 pm »

We are Organis, god of mutations, transformations, madness, dreams, reality manipulation, and infinite belief-holding.

But on a serious note, it would be good to have a run away backup plan. Instead of an awesome beard dimension, we can go for a lame space bubble. Any other ideas? Might also be good to plant a "bug" to spy on other gods, especially Valahun. Gotta be extremely careful if we do this though, since that jerkwad could easily figure it out and feed us false information. Valahun will smell our presence within any random spy bugs we send. Would be best to hide it in something that already has our aura. Could hide it in an artifact, but that's already suspicious. Could hide it in some form of decoration, but then we'd need to explain our aura. Could always skip on that.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:38:56 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: August 10, 2011, 04:49:34 pm »

We are Organis, god of mutations, transformations, madness, dreams, reality manipulation, and infinite belief-holding.

But on a serious note, it would be good to have a run away backup plan. Instead of an awesome beard dimension, we can go for a lame space bubble. Any other ideas? Might also be good to plant a "bug" to spy on other gods, especially Valahun. Gotta be extremely careful if we do this though, since that jerkwad could easily figure it out and feed us false information. Valahun will smell our presence within any random spy bugs we send. Would be best to hide it in something that already has our aura. Could hide it in an artifact, but that's already suspicious. Could hide it in some form of decoration, but then we'd need to explain our aura.

As a show of friendship and faith, offer to create beautiful symmetrical/intricate designs on tapestries to decorate the gods chambers and palace, ones imbued with magic that will never burn, fade or tear, a sign of Organis' presence in the pantheon and also a show that we wish to permanently become one with all. Expend a tiny bit of energy to be able to peer through the central region of the tapestry, as the insane spirals will naturally make it difficult to focus on the center. (I'll give design ideas, here's an old, incomplete example of my symmetry symbol-work: http://maximilian-aurea.deviantart.com/art/Chaotic-Origins-134661047 Please click the image to zoom in, its too big for the initial display. The original was actually a huge optical illusion, that one is too but its difficult to see at that size.)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 04:54:21 pm by Ehndras »

Jormundur

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: August 10, 2011, 04:52:53 pm »

I agree with the magical spying tapestries but also make it so that they're impossible to wear/tear/destroy/burn so that there's an explainable aura. Also make the sentient clam things and I vote for Escali.
I'm having money troubles so they disconnected my internet at home... No way to post outside of work. :\ Thankfully I work from 10 AM to 6 PM EST, though its 6:45 and I'm still at the office. (Manager, I can stay as long as I want, hehe)

...And yes, I'm here just to post on B12 in RP posts. Can't get geekier than that.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: August 10, 2011, 05:17:01 pm »

Deis: Ocean/Sea
Disolatus: Empty/Barren
Ehndras - Guardian
El'a: Woman/Female

Ha, I found a thing. Anyway, I doubt that Valahun will trust us to make tapestry. We could maybe bless one of our followers with super surrealism art powers and "lend his talent to the walls" while he's not painting our own religious paintings for recruitment. Could even make it someone else's idea. Then again, Valahun still probably won't trust us. Ever.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2011, 05:58:30 pm by peglegpengeuin »
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: August 10, 2011, 07:28:37 pm »

He might trust us in time after we do some mad things that aren't evil like not mutating is followers or giving the other evil dudes gaint beards make them alcoholics and great diggers and very short life spans and the single goal of hoardng socks.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Dragongutz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: August 10, 2011, 07:35:14 pm »

I agree with making the nautilus-sized whales whale-sized nautilus sentient.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: August 10, 2011, 08:53:34 pm »

I go with Escali for typing's sake.

After we do our other actions we should also see what we can dig up about the other pantheon members. Are they gods, spirits, or personifications? What are they aligned to? What are their names? How big is their following? And how are politics between the pantheon?
If we know these things we could corrupt the very gods themselves. After all, the followers affect the followed ;D. Also don't forget, this planet and these gods are only few of thousands. Untold universes await our twisted mind after we conquer this one.

How much belief would it take to make a portal into the void twice the size of a whale?
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 37