Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37

Author Topic: Personification- A god-like god game  (Read 51408 times)

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
Re: Personification- A god-like god game
« Reply #210 on: August 08, 2011, 04:25:10 pm »

If possible, assimilate the cube's essence in a violent explosion or some showy entertaining display of power. No one will know it was yours, as even the god who holds it is unsure who it belongs to... Unless he tried to peer inside. I wonder if a god can be made mad...? Its possible that whoever first discovered it had to have looked inside for at least a moment... Perhaps they weren't driven to full insanity, but its possible a few screws became loose... A few possibilities there...

All in all, I like the idea of spreading plague to Uivars, befriending the city dwellers, and creating an off-shore sentient sea-born race who will expand and do our dirty work. Hell, who knows what's underwater? There might already be sentient life deep down, or some unnamed horrors previously undiscovered. (RL deep-sea creatures are fucking frightening and oftentimes massive)

With that plan, we will attack this world on three fronts. False compassion for the city-dwellers, giving them the idea that we are a heavenly gift sent to aid them in beating back the Uivars. Second, assimilating the Uviars to gain loyal warriors with which we can harrass the city and then swoop in to destroy them, or in some way use them as bait to improve or status, and/or pressure the city-dwellers to embrace us by making them fearful of their safety. Third, create a sea-born race where no mortal man may reach us, to slowly procreate and expand without being hampered by Man-made ambitions. This can come later. For now, we can simply speed up the process of their sentience and, rather than control them, simply use a bit of power to make them more intelligent and increase their fertility... If they do not live up to our expectations, we will not have wasted all of our belief in a useless creation, AND, we can ABSORB their essence by taking them into our incorporeal body like coal to a furnace. (Good ability, and it makes sense too. Perhaps this can be learned by our Mad-God?)
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 08, 2011, 04:40:03 pm »

I think violent explosions might be scary. Making it crack like an egg, announcing that we were born when it broke, and then having its holders see the broken artifact as proof might be better. Probably better to use shiny lights for a fancy appearance. I doubt anyone looked into the cube ever. We'd know. I love the idea of making the Uivars more violent, though we should hold off on that until more are infected and we know more. Also, I thought we had more mosquito-type infectors.
Awesome website for people who like suggestion games: Choice of Games

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 08, 2011, 07:38:36 pm »

NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

The artifact is the ESSENCE OF MADNESS. The god who holds it will DEFINITELY know its made of madness... If we show we are related to it, it'll blow our cover and cast suspicion on us. We cannot allow the holder to know the cube is ours.
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 08, 2011, 08:03:12 pm »

If that's the case he'll know we are too the second he sees us. I really hope it's not the case.

KaguroDraven

• Bay Watcher
  • Forward!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 08, 2011, 08:12:37 pm »

NO. ABSOLUTELY NOT.

The artifact is the ESSENCE OF MADNESS. The god who holds it will DEFINITELY know its made of madness... If we show we are related to it, it'll blow our cover and cast suspicion on us. We cannot allow the holder to know the cube is ours.

This.
We made this artifact for a reason, just blowing it up makes little sense anyway. Even for a mad god of madness.
Fact:I think out god should be completely sane. What's more crazy than a Sane god of Madness?
"Those who guard their back encounter death from the front." - Drow Proverb.
I will punch you in the soul if you do that again.
"I'm going to kill another dragon and then see if I can't DUAL-WIELD DRAGONS!
Because I can"-WolfTengu

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 08, 2011, 08:25:55 pm »

Okay, let's ignore the cube for now then. And a mask of sanity should be good too, though our traits work better when a little is present. Should we still introduce ourselves flashily to the port city?

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 08, 2011, 08:37:30 pm »

I got a idea. Beggars infect them and start giving them powers they will worship is! Plus most beggars during this time we're quite mad so they were thought cursed, devil worshipers, etc.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 08, 2011, 08:47:33 pm »

Not necessarily, no. Also, I don't suggest meeting the other god face to face. We're fucking gods, we'll communicate through bird movements in the sky and animal patterns ffs, no reason to meet face-to-face unless its a trap.

Gods don't go by mortal rules... Mortals need to be face to face to speak. Gods don't.

Hell, I have an idea!

Create a magical mirror that allows the holders to communicate when looking through them. It'll allow us to communicate with whoever the make the leader of our worshipers, and eventually we can give it to one of the gods if we wish.

I have a condition though: Our mirror is one way; we can see the other mirrors at any time, but the other mirrors can only make our mirror 'call to us' via psychic connection. This will allow us to spy on others, and not be spied on in return. It also contains a charm that allows us to travel through as well as locate them. This artefact, the 'Gates of Light', to be fitting and seemingly benevolent to the masses, will allow us to further manipulate the world around us, AS WELL AS maintain communication with gods and men without physical presence.

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 08, 2011, 09:02:50 pm »

I got a idea. Beggars infect them and start giving them powers they will worship is! Plus most beggars during this time we're quite mad so they were thought cursed, devil worshipers, etc.

I second this idea.

Infect beggars and thieves, so as to remove unnoticeable elements and not cause a panic. The thieves will give us great access to procured equipment and stolen funds, while the beggars will give us eyes -everywhere-, eyes that no one will notice. People rarely pay attention to beggars, they tend to ignore them by nature, as well as the added advantage that beggars can do more than most without raising suspicion. This will give us eyes and ears in all corners of the city, as well as a method of procuring equipment and information in secret. If one is captured, they'll simply be another insane, drugged-up, crooked undesirable, nothing suspicious.

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 08, 2011, 09:56:08 pm »

I don't think we should infect thieves. It would be quite bad for our reputation if a thief was caught worshiping us. Worse if many are. Beggars are different. I doubt they're unnoticed, since priests and stuff are so willing to give them money. We know that from experience. They'd still make good eyes and ears, though, until they die of malnourishment. Hopefully they'll get all the food they need from donations. I doubt they can get excess money, but if they can it could become another source of cash for our cult religion.

Also, I think we should grant one of our worshipers a nice mutation. Just one, so we can pretend to be willing to give more out. Also because I'm not in love with the idea anymore. Preferably something easy to alter that'll make the mutated more wealthy and their job easier... and maybe even make them famous. Find one of our artisans who wants fame and fortune and grant them steady hands, greater control, and a subconscious mind that plays with ideas until it "dreams up" masterpieces clearly in the mind. Would be perfect for an artist, and maybe even net us some cash. If it's something other than an artist, give them whatever else they might need. A blacksmith needs strength, for instance.

Edit: Actually, this could totally backfire. If an especially gifted artist starts making propaganda paintings for Valahun... well, a lot of worshipers might move over to him. I have no idea what to do about the stupid mutation idea I thought of. I guess we can make him sworn to only make paintings for our side? Propaganda in our favor, maybe?
« Last Edit: August 08, 2011, 10:02:10 pm by peglegpengeuin »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 08, 2011, 10:00:26 pm »

The biggest issue I see with turning the beggars and thieves is territory. Valahun owns this city and all its inhabitants, he will notice us if we do a mass conversion. We are also not omnipresent (it's limited at best) so it'd take forever to separate the useless and troublesome elements(beggars and thieves) from the rest of the city. I say we do a multiple manifestation if for now if we can (have several material bodies, we're a god!). So I'm saying something like:
Direct some bees and ants to the Uviar nearby to pass on the Mad Plague
Manifest ten more material bodies as eyes and ears for Port City(we could also use infected animals)
Appear to more infected and convert them(could use our other bodies to speed up the process)
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 08, 2011, 10:05:41 pm »

It might be better to convert the infected psychically. Also, we don't need to be present to convert beggars. We can send bugs at 'em, or better yet make a disease aimed right for them. The grain mold might already count for that, since I assume bread is the cheapest food around and beggars can only eat what's cheap.

stabbymcstabstab

• Bay Watcher
  • OW SNAP!
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 08, 2011, 10:19:19 pm »

prorably fish its easier to feed people with the most common food.
Long Live Arst- United Forenia!
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."
Contemplate why we have a sociopathic necrophiliac RAPIST sadomasochist bipolar monster in our ranks, also find some cheese.

mcdonaldjord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: August 09, 2011, 12:18:07 am »

Manifest ten more material bodies as eyes and ears for Port City(we could also use infected animals)
Appear to more infected and convert them(could use our other bodies to speed up the process)

Could we mutate some bees to "Scout" for us? (Huge floating eyes? Anyone?)

I think that would work better them manifesting outsleves, cheaper anyways.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:19:56 am by mcdonaldjord »

peglegpengeuin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: August 09, 2011, 12:54:56 am »

Could we mutate some bees to "Scout" for us? (Huge floating eyes? Anyone?)

I think that would work better them manifesting outsleves, cheaper anyways.

I think huge floating eyes are incredibly badass, but I'm not sure we need them. Telepathic communication is cheaper, and regular organisms are more covert. We could blame floating eyes on the Shadow, but they'd still be killed on the spot. Easier to mutate insects to scout in mostly their normal form, perhaps to collect tidbits of knowledge. Would be nice to spy on the higher-ups and find out where Valahun is. Speaking of which, why on Earth aren't we asking our followers to give us every bit of history, local culture, and information they can? Back to the eyes, I do want many detachable floating eyes to add to our lack of a face someday.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2011, 12:56:29 am by peglegpengeuin »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 37